Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
southwest fox

Let's Have a Statement From The Thais About Pearson's Job Being Safe

Makes you wonder where this is all stemming from? Are the media on Pearsons back? Have the Thais spoken to people?

It's all crackers. We're second in the league...

The Thais definately spoke with Rednapp, twice i understand. My contact is good value for his info having worked at the club under a different manager. I don't know about this latest news, but i hope its bollox. I wanted Pearson to stay when the Thais came in, i'd have trusted him to use the money wisely and not do what Sven did. I'm glad he's back & trust that he'll do a great job, i really rate him, BUT, my concern is that he seems to be a man of principle, and if they owners continue to talk to potential managers he may go to another club as he did when Mandy was courting Sousa.

The Thais definately spoke with Rednapp, twice i understand. My contact is good value for his info having worked at the club under a different manager. I don't know about this latest news, but i hope its bollox. I wanted Pearson to stay when the Thais came in, i'd have trusted him to use the money wisely and not do what Sven did. I'm glad he's back & trust that he'll do a great job, i really rate him, BUT, my concern is that he seems to be a man of principle, and if they owners continue to talk to potential managers he may go to another club as he did when Mandy was courting Sousa.

I definitely agree that Pearson seems to be a man of principle. He's made and taken some tough decisions since being back in the job. Getting rid of Mills, Beckford, dropping Danns to name but three.

If he leaves it will be one of the most ridiculous situations in the history of the club.

Or we could just sing the

F U C K OFF REDKNAPP song on Saturday and the owners would be become aware of the concern this rumour is creating.

Might have o alter the words a bit as we're not top of the league at present.

I'd rather we sang praise for Pearson than gave further attention to that old wheeler dealing leatherface.

I definitely agree that Pearson seems to be a man of principle. He's made and taken some tough decisions since being back in the job. Getting rid of Mills, Beckford, dropping Danns to name but three.

If he leaves it will be one of the most ridiculous situations in the history of the club.

but football has re-defined the word "ridiculous"- I am genuinely troubled by this.

Assuming there is anything behind the clamour (and I have to say that this is becoming rather insistent now with a number of rumours swirling about and much media comment) by what insane logic would NP have been brought back to the club last year (at no small cost in compensation terms) if all along they want a high profile manager . And if they want a high profile manager why would Dowie be mentioned?

Prior to outing a manager in Mandaric's tenure the club used to leak the names of horrors of the like of Peter Reid , Dowie & co so that whoever was then appointed came as a relief to the fans. And MM was canny enough to try to keep the fans' support in most things. I hope this is not a tactic the Thais have learned from him.

We all know that the papers print a load of rubbish but I cannot accept that this story is just made up and has not been fed to the papers by someone within the club or associated with the owners which suggests that something may be about to happen

I think that by talking about it the owners would acknowledge that they have doubts- it's better, in this case, to be silent and let Pearson get on with his job.

Any quotes/ interviews would be seen as a "vote of confidence", leading to greater doubts.

I think maybe they were considering their options when we lost those three away games on the spin earlier in the season, but I think they'll have been reassured by our recent run of form.

I honestly didn't think top two would be possible this season, but I did think we'd make the playoffs. Having seen us play recently, I think we could honestly have a good go at automatic promotion... it'll all depend on what happens over the next few weeks. It's vital to put a good run of results together.

I do not think they even have to comment on the speculation. They just need to release a statement commenting on how well the team are doing and how NP has done a sterling job at the helm so far this season. They can also mention how exciting the style of football we are playing is and they are hopeful of continued success for the rest of the season. Job then done. :)

The owners were given an opportunity to comment on the Redknapp rumours in Monday's 'Moan-In' but declined.

I'm not sure what to read into any of it but the Daily Mail 'story' loses any credence for me with the mention of Shearer and Dowie.

Can somebody please send the owners a season ticket for Foxhateram's optimistic bus.

Pearson in.

I have no doubt that we have held informal talks with Harry Redknapp some people on here have commented on that and the papers whether you believe them or not. There was some suggestion on Talksport yesterday whether it is reliable or not that we offered Redknapp a contract which would be bizarre seeing as NP is still in a job, I guess what we seek is clarity on the management the Thais either back NP or sack him either way we all want to know the outcome because this speculation is unhealthy really.

Doesn't suprise me they would approach Harry whilst Pearson is in charge after the cock up last season with Sven and Martin O Neill, either way if they have approached him or not I'm sure the last 4 games has secured any doubt they had in the current set up

Guest Foxin_mad

If they have then I hope the Thais do one. It would really show how little they know about football, and also football business to go back to a blatently loss making model with no guaruntee of success.

Doesn't suprise me they would approach Harry whilst Pearson is in charge after the cock up last season with Sven and Martin O Neill, either way if they have approached him or not I'm sure the last 4 games has secured any doubt they had in the current set up

Trouble is I don't see any common sense from them fair enough if we are in the shitter and results have been poor but they have not been poor recently rather we are producing an automatic promotion form which is what they want I assume. They will probably sack NP and lo and behold Redknapp giving his word that he will come sees a prem opportunity in lets say QPR and buggers off their leaving us in the shitter typical LCFC luck.

Exactly what I put in the previous thread

But, maybe this could be some elaborate thing to try and get the owners to come out and maybe extend some contracts or change the pressure on certain areas of the squad or setup.

I can only hope we are in this position in a few months time, Que Sera Sera

The Thais won't be thinking about sacking him. We're doing significantly better than after we'd played nine games last year. Did they sack Sven then at that point? No. So why would they even consider removing Pearson from his job?

The reason they won't, and haven't, released a statement is because it's so blindingly obvious that Nigel should be in the job. Why say anything about this 'issue' when it isn't even a problem? Do Man United make a statement about Ferguson's job being safe every month or so? Of course not, because everyone knows he's not going to get sacked - similar to Pearson at the moment.

EDIT: I exaggerated a bit there with that Fergie analogy but the point is still valid, you don't defend someone who doesn't need defending - waste of time and gives the impression that there's a problem when there isn't one.

"**** off Redknapp, we're top of the league"

"He keeps us away, he keeps us away, Nigel Pearson he keeps us away"

"Boring, boring Leicester".

I think those few from last night show the view of the fans which actually attend games and appreciate the attacking brand of football we play, very similar style to reading from what I am seeing.

I agree. It might all be rumour (hopefully), but they do need to say something now. Nigel himself has said he is fed up with all the paper talk.

I think he's more fed up with being asked by journalists about possibly losing his job.

Archived