Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
southwest fox

Let's Have a Statement From The Thais About Pearson's Job Being Safe

Oh whatever. If you don't think Redknapp is a good manager then you clearly have no knowledge of football outside of Lcfc. I'm not saying Pearson should go, but if the unthinkable did happen and they got Redknapp. I would be happy. There's no doubt in my mind that we would win the league if we had Harry in charge. Luck is going our way at the moment.

But don't you get it, the unthinkable would only happen BECAUSE they are after Redknapp. We're not talking about Pearson walking out on us to manage a bigger club here, we're talking about him being dumped so we can go for the big name.

I do think he's a good manager, but I'd be horrified if we got rid of Pearson for him.

Guest MattP

When he was first at Portsmouth he was signing players on free transfers such as Paul Merson. and when he was at West Ham he wasn't spending big money. And did he actually spend that big at Tottenham? Most of the players were already there when he took over, no?

He spent a fortune on wages at Pompey that got them up, then in the Premiership they were dead and buried before Gayadmak turned up and they started spending money they clearly didn't have and clearly couldn't afford.

Did a good job at West Ham, does help when your youth team gives you Carrick, Ferdinand, Joe Cole and Frank Lampard mind, in hindsight you could say they underachieved.

He spent £200million at Spurs.

http://transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/managers-comparisons.html

I sung pro-Pearson and anti-Redknapp and will continue to do so, don't want him anywhere near the club and don't want Pearson away from us.

If we sack Pearson I literally think I'll give up completely - we'd be in the hands of owners who.. I don't know, it's not even knee-jerk if they get rid of Pearson, I literally cannot see how it would help the club in any way at all. We'd basically have our future relying in the hands of people who haven't got a clue.

If it's true and they boot Pearson I literally think Leicester are doomed for good.

And I'm not being funny but if you've got a mega wealthy owner in charge at Portsmouth who is telling Redknapp he can sign all these top players, then you are going to sign them. Why wouldn't you? Is Mancini bankrupting man city then?

Completely incomparable when you consider Man City's owners are about as close to "bottomless pit of cash" owners as you'll find.

They've spent little on Man City compared to what they're worth. It's no ends to them.

Guest MattP

And I'm not being funny but if you've got a mega wealthy owner in charge at Portsmouth who is telling Redknapp he can sign all these top players, then you are going to sign them. Why wouldn't you? Is Mancini bankrupting man city then?

I think Mancini knows the wealth of Citys owners.......but....

Yep I'd do it as well, no doubt.

I wouldn't expect people to see me as some sort of genius though afterwards.

It's look after yourself in football, Redknapp would quite happily come here, do well for a season to enhance his reputation and engage in the sort of spending that would bankrupt us, managers care about themselves, not the fans or the club.

I wouldn't want him for even further reasons anyway, he's a crook, a liar, a thief and shouldn't be allowed near an envelope ever again after what has come out about him.

Exactly. He only spent what he was given. Why is this so hard to understand? I agree the wages they were paying were excessive but how else do you think they would have got Defoe etc. to sign for them. Hardly the most appealing of places to play football is it. I doubt Harry even would have gone anywhere near the negotiations for Actual fees, contracts etc. so please stop spouting bollocks about him bankrupting clubs.

Anyway NP must be close to a shout for Manager of the month with 4 wins in 5 games in September. Would look even more foolish for the Thais to get rid then...

Well he spent approaching £70m at Portsmouth so they weren't all free.

Yeah but in fairness, they recouped all that money on Crouch, Defoe, Diarra, Muntari and Johnson.

In relation to the OP, if they come out and do that it will come across as the dreaded vote of confidence. Best thing to do is to let it be. I still believe they have our best interests at heart and think that they back Pearson 100%

Oh whatever. If you don't think Redknapp is a good manager then you clearly have no knowledge of football outside of Lcfc. I'm not saying Pearson should go, but if the unthinkable did happen and they got Redknapp. I would be happy. There's no doubt in my mind that we would win the league if we had Harry in charge. Luck is going our way at the moment.

He's not a bad manager, but he's currently the most overrated manager in the country. What he achieved at Spurs with their budget and the players at his disposal is hardly that impressive. Other than that he's won one FA cup with Portsmouth which more or less bankrupted them. Doesn't impress me at all and add to that the fact that he's bent as a nine bob note and I don't want him anywhere near this club.

Guest MattP

He's not a bad manager, but he's currently the most overrated manager in the country. What he achieved at Spurs with their budget and the players at his disposal is hardly that impressive. Other than that he's won one FA cup with Portsmouth which more or less bankrupted them. Doesn't impress me at all and add to that the fact that he's bent as a nine bob note and I don't want him anywhere near this club.

Absolutely spot on.

Yeah but in fairness, they recouped all that money on Crouch, Defoe, Diarra, Muntari and Johnson.

In relation to the OP, if they come out and do that it will come across as the dreaded vote of confidence. Best thing to do is to let it be. I still believe they have our best interests at heart and think that they back Pearson 100%

Then why does the rumour keep re-appearing. One or two on here who have some contacts at the club say they have already met Redknapp. They usually do not post unless something is concrete so I have no reason to disbelieve them. They need to put this to bed now by backing the manager and making sure that if results keep going the way they have will be hear for a long time to come.

One or two on here who have some contacts at the club say they have already met Redknapp. They usually do not post unless something is concrete so I have no reason to disbelieve them.

I've missed this? Who and when please.

Great brinkmanship by the owners, possibly the first tIme they've shown any real football brain. Lit the fire under Niges arse thats been missing since his return. Its probably coincidence, but if I were them I would keep it lit!

It's the same fire that worked at the weekend for Brendan Rogers and Villa Boas, both coming under tabloid pressure. It sorts the men from the boys.

Got nothing to do with Rogers, AVB and Pearson actually being good managers then?

I've missed this? Who and when please.

http://www.foxestalk...arm1968__st__80

As I've said for a while now we HAVE been in contact with Harry. There was an 'official' meeting in London which included lcfc's legal beagles.

I think it stinks and agree that Pearson should stay. He should get the whole season. Assess things then.

Rednkapp would just dick us about and jump ship anyway whenever he felt like it.

We must stick with Pearson. We need stability and some backbone.

There are others on other threads but I can not be bothered to trawl through all of em!! :P

Not sure I believe that, certainly hope it's bullshit anyway.

Any faith I had in the owners would be gone if they did this, I doubt it's true, but if it is surely they must be aware of just how unpopular a descision they'd be making. Pearson seems like the perfect option for them as well, spending less on players, getting good results, a 100% record in our home games so far this season, the matches that are live in Thailand. Why on earth would they want rid?

That said if there's even an element of truth in it, it wouldn't surprise me to see Pearson walk again, which would be a real shame.

Guest nathan.

All this thread is doing is feeding the fire and giving a bullshit rumor more coverage. We all know journalists read this forum for any ounce of inside info they can get please just delete the thread.

All this thread is doing is feeding the fire and giving a bullshit rumor more coverage. We all know journalists read this forum for any ounce of inside info they can get please just delete the thread.

Agreed, its just creating un-necessary panic between everyone. Unless anything concrete comes from the club than it's business as usual, no owner in their right mind would sack a manager who has won the last 4 games on the bounce... home & away and is trying the make the club financially self sufficient. How you could lose faith in that is beyond me!

Pearson in!

He spent a fortune on wages at Pompey that got them up, then in the Premiership they were dead and buried before Gayadmak turned up and they started spending money they clearly didn't have and clearly couldn't afford.

Did a good job at West Ham, does help when your youth team gives you Carrick, Ferdinand, Joe Cole and Frank Lampard mind, in hindsight you could say they underachieved.

He spent £200million at Spurs.

http://transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/managers-comparisons.html

Exactly. I wish people stopped listening to SSN to tell them who's not and who's not

Not sure if anyone has actually seen this today but allegedly the Thais still want him out irrespective of results. Would be a completely stupid move if they did.

http://www.dailymail...eicester-2.html

That's why this topic was started along side this one - http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/83969-i-wish-the-papers-would-just-do-one/

Why bother singing anti-Redknapp songs? If they do get rid of NP and lets face it they will do as they please, why piss off a great manager who potentially could be our next manager in the process? I can see NP getting the chop, Redknapp saying eff off to us as he would be aware that he is not wanted and we end up like we did after getting rid of Sven. Perhaps people would actually prefer Dowie & Shearer together...

Because I think if theres any substance to this story the owners will know that the vast majority will be far from happy at Pearson's dismissal. But the owners will then be hoping to justify their decision by appointing Harry, thinking the fans will be fully happy with it.

Fook that, they won't pull the wool over my eyes

Archived