Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyJulez

Sheffield Wednesday Away

I don't know how old you are but it still gives me the creeps when I go there knowing what happened to those unfortunate 96 on the lower tier now.

It does give a little chill going through those turnstiles and seeing the tunnel the 96 entered right in front of you.

I'm not sure how being on the lower tier would feel if I'm honest.

It does give a little chill going through those turnstiles and seeing the tunnel the 96 entered right in front of you.

I'm not sure how being on the lower tier would feel if I'm honest.

I wouldn't want to sit on the lower tier myself even though it has all changed now and they have built walls where the tunnel was I would still feel uncomfortable there.

Didn't the OS used to announce how many tickets we'd been given along with ticket information - Prices, Travel e.t.c?

I've not noticed them announcing how many tickets we have recieved on any of the ticket information yet this season. Not too bothered but was just wondering if there was a reason, I normally get my ticket at the earliest opportunity (This season being P3 unfortunately) but would be nice to know how many we have been allocated just to see if there will be a rush to get tickets/expected to sell out e.t.c

Didn't the OS used to announce how many tickets we'd been given along with ticket information - Prices, Travel e.t.c?

I've not noticed them announcing how many tickets we have recieved on any of the ticket information yet this season. Not too bothered but was just wondering if there was a reason, I normally get my ticket at the earliest opportunity (This season being P3 unfortunately) but would be nice to know how many we have been allocated just to see if there will be a rush to get tickets/expected to sell out e.t.c

I would expect they'll keep allocating extra tickets ad nauseam; they can go up to 6,000 if both tiers are released, and I can't see us needing that many to be honest. I believe I'm right in saying Hillsborough is the biggest away end in the league.

I would expect they'll keep allocating extra tickets ad nauseam; they can go up to 6,000 if both tiers are released, and I can't see us needing that many to be honest. I believe I'm right in saying Hillsborough is the biggest away end in the league.

Yeah I didn't mean necceserily for this game, I meant in general, for all games.

For example they didn't announce anything for the Birmingham game (Did they?) and it caused alot of fuss on here, almost every other comment of 'How many are left', 'How many have we been given', 'Have we sold out yet', 'I've heard there aren't many left', 'I've heard we have got loads left', 'I've heard we are getting more allocation', e.t.c. Of course telling us how many we have been allocated doesn't stop those comments and i'm sure the club couldn't care less about those comment but atleast if they let us know the allocation it'd keep the fans a little more informed over how many we have e.t.c.

Like I say i'm sure in past season they have always put the allocation information in with ticket information, e.t.c.

Yeah I didn't mean necceserily for this game, I meant in general, for all games.

For example they didn't announce anything for the Birmingham game (Did they?) and it caused alot of fuss on here, almost every other comment of 'How many are left', 'How many have we been given', 'Have we sold out yet', 'I've heard there aren't many left', 'I've heard we have got loads left', 'I've heard we are getting more allocation', e.t.c. Of course telling us how many we have been allocated doesn't stop those comments and i'm sure the club couldn't care less about those comment but atleast if they let us know the allocation it'd keep the fans a little more informed over how many we have e.t.c.

Like I say i'm sure in past season they have always put the allocation information in with ticket information, e.t.c.

Aye, they've given far more detail in previous seasons. I can't help thinking they're slipping on the OS a tad.

any parking near the ground or anything?

*been donkey's years since I went there*

We always park in the little industrial estate just down the road, not a far walk if I remember correctly. Other than that, not sure, don't think it's the best ground in terms of parking.

any parking near the ground

The one time I drove there I parked on the road opposite the ground if you go in via the Meadowhall junction.

It was on the road parking and plenty of it on a steepish hill.

A6102 Herries road, loads of industrial car parks around there too.

Archived