Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyJulez

Sheffield Wednesday Away

I've always kinda liked Sheffield Wednesday (why are they called Wednesday btw?)

Should take good numbers and be a strong atmosphere for this.

Considering it.

Something to do with Wednesday being the day the workers got off work early and were able to play football.....something like that anyway.

I've always kinda liked Sheffield Wednesday (why are they called Wednesday btw?)

Should take good numbers and be a strong atmosphere for this.

Considering it.

They are named after the Wednesday cricket club (so called because they played on that day of the week).

any parking near the ground or anything?

*been donkey's years since I went there*

Can park in the Wednesdayite car park for a fiver which opposite the ground or in the Owlerton stadium for £3/£4 which is a 10 minute walk to the ground.

Or if you want to park somewhere for free take Fox92's advice :D

Been there 4 times. Atmos dreadful every time. Not enough stand which means the stewards come around asking everyone to sit.

For obvious reasons, it's understandable. But if the whole end stood I think we'd be ok.

Been there 4 times. Atmos dreadful every time. Not enough stand which means the stewards come around asking everyone to sit.

For obvious reasons, it's understandable. But if the whole end stood I think we'd be ok.

Can we please revert from turning this away day thread in to the 'I'm standing' dross that pretty much every away thread has turned in to this season

Can we please revert from turning this away day thread in to the 'I'm standing' dross that pretty much every away thread has turned in to this season

This.

Whats funny at away games is half the crowd will sit and (as in one side) and people on the opposite side will stand, happened at Watford. Very strange seeing it.

Theres always one guy sat down behind everyone standing trying to make a point!

And again at Watford there were fans having heated arguements about standing up and sitting down, very embarrassing

Last time we went there, we were awful! created nothing. Plus it's a really horrible, dark, depressing ground... but I look forward to going back there. Thinking about booking the night there, have jolly good night out afterwards.

I can remember there's a nice programme shop next to the away end.

Any away end is only as good or bad as the fans in it.

To some extent, but there are grounds we go to where everyone stands year after year, and there are others we go to where most people sit.

I'd say Chelsea was a crap away end because I couldn't see the pitch lol

Where have i done that then?

Last time we went there, we were awful! created nothing. Plus it's a really horrible, dark, depressing ground... but I look forward to going back there. Thinking about booking the night there, have jolly good night out afterwards.

I can remember there's a nice programme shop next to the away end.

Are you old enough for a night out?

Archived