Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyJulez

Sheffield Wednesday Away

After the scenes with Leeds I'm not so sure they will be keen to give it out again this season.

A Yorkshire derby with no police and stewards in sight and things getting heated in the stands? What did you expect? It's Leeds. :/

I've been to Hillsborough more than any other away ground, and I cannot recall us getting the bottom tier once. I'm pretty sure this applies for every team, apart from their rival games (Leeds, Sheffield United etc).

I wouldn't get your hopes us, although it would look immense if we have top and bottom tier.

I've been to Hillsborough more than any other away ground, and I cannot recall us getting the bottom tier once. I'm pretty sure this applies for every team, apart from their rival games (Leeds, Sheffield United etc).

I wouldn't get your hopes us, although it would look immense if we have top and bottom tier.

To be fair, I think that's more a sales issue than anything.

The upper tier alone holds 4,000. which is more than enough for most sets of fans in most situations. They definitely released both tiers for the relegation match between themselves and Palace a couple of years ago, so I don't think an empty lower tier is a deliberate SWFC policy by any means.

If they release it for high risk fixtures such as local derbies and relegation showdowns, there's no reason why they won't release it for us if we sell enough tickets.

To be fair, I think that's more a sales issue than anything.

The upper tier alone holds 4,000. which is more than enough for most sets of fans in most situations. They definitely released both tiers for the relegation match between themselves and Palace a couple of years ago, so I don't think an empty lower tier is a deliberate SWFC policy by any means.

If they release it for high risk fixtures such as local derbies and relegation showdowns, there's no reason why they won't release it for us if we sell enough tickets.

They will only release it if they think we can sell enough to make it financially viable to open it. If we've not already sold out with a week to go I doubt they'll think we'll sell enough, to be honest.

They will only release it if they think we can sell enough to make it financially viable to open it. If we've not already sold out with a week to go I doubt they'll think we'll sell enough, to be honest.

You could be right, they seem to have slowed up since they went on General Sale for some reason.

A bit of a shame, I'd love us to be on both tiers.

How can they actually prove that your not under 18 ?

They can't prove it but they can ask for ID and refuse entry if you refuse to provide it?

(Unless of course you have a fake underage ID and you provide them that, then you may get away with it)

Archived