Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Stringer

Ian Stringer Q+A

Of course.

Was a season ticket holder back in the day but when I started working for the beeb in 2002 I was working every Saturday. REALLY miss it though but a lucky boy to do what I do.

I try my best every game

Nice man, good to hear I think you do a decent job and anyone who complains should remember that absolute drivel mouth John Barber.

Ian a quick question I always wanted answering.

How much respect does np command? More than other managers at lcfc down the years?

The players never say a lot about him or his character.

Demands MASSIVE respect. Cross him at your peril as a player. Something I think makes my job tougher but he understands I HAVE to ask some questions he may not like.

I'm learning how to ask them in a softer way these days.

He's an incredible football manager

Did you ever get your iPhone back?

No

Any chance of rotating the co-commentators a little? Walsh, Izzet?

Good idea, one we've tried in the past but it's tough to get the commitment from them week in week out. Travelling mid-week to some of the grounds is a big ask, Youngy is dedicated and a passionate ex-Foxes player.

£2 donated. Ian, what do you think Pearson is doing differently to Sven and what did the players actually think of Sven?

They played for him of course but Nigel is different. Principles to Nigel are massive. Sven was a little softer and may not be as up front as Nigel is with them

Are you looking forward to more questions from General Smuts this time around, should he make an appearance?

Loved it, bring him on (when he's washed his hands and texted to donate)

Hi Ian

Does Alan Young fart a lot in the commentary box? Do they smell of haggis?

Old Spice

Hi Ian, my question, do you think our away support has been vocally poorer this season compared to last? Given that you are usually some distance from us

We have closed headphones so hearing the outside is really tough I'm afriad. Not bottling that one but we hear the studio, ourselves and a little bit of the crowd.

You've sounded great in recent weeks though. Superb support, especially away from home

Missed the start. I may have non-football questions

Do you know if any of the players or manager intend going to any of the DocFilm events in November and in December the BHF celebrate their birthday and the shop in Charles Street is holding a promation day. All at RL and the club are invited. Would help to raise funds for the cause.

I'll try and think of a football question that won't be asked. :)

Ian if we go up this season 1) do u think we have the team now to stay up and 2) do you think the thais will throw their cash about

Nigel will invest the money wisely I'm sure and YES, they'll throw lots of money at it I'm sure of that IF Nigel wants it. No trolley dash

Thanks Ian. Good luck pal

Cheers Pazzerfox

Archived