Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

Form is temporary...

Just to let you know, 2 fouls were given against Waghorn last night, out of 15 given against us in total in what was not a dirty match.

Drinkwater leads the way with 3 fouls, Waggy, Nugent, Konch, Knocky, all gave away 2, and yet it is only Waghorn who gets criticised...

Incidentally he won us 3 free kicks, 2 of them were for shielding the ball well and forcing the defender into taking him out.

We will have to wait and see, but so far even under Pearson he has been poor apart from the Leeds game.

Also on your Hobbs comment, I wouldn't of taken him back, never rated Hobbs probably because he liked to play hoof ball like Matt Mills.

You mean apart from one of his three starts?

I missed this gem

I didn't slag any of them off as you are well aware.

Do you want a list of the players I have slagged off on here

Alan Sheehan, Levi Porter, Elvis Hammond (Ankle), Louis Dodds to name but a simple few

What have they all got in common....

all together now......

Theeeeeey weeereeen't goooood enough.

Did I say you did? But there are a large number of people writing him off who did these people also.

Just to let you know, 2 fouls were given against Waghorn last night, out of 15 given against us in total in what was not a dirty match.

Drinkwater leads the way with 3 fouls, Waggy, Nugent, Konch, Knocky, all gave away 2, and yet it is only Waghorn who gets criticised...

Incidentally he won us 3 free kicks, 2 of them were for shielding the ball well and forcing the defender into taking him out.

ohhwoo hold on, the stats are out again.

Can you use one of search engines to tell me what angle in degrees the ball arked in when waghorns half volley went in the opposite direction to the goal lol

We will have to wait and see, but so far even under Pearson he has been poor apart from the Leeds game.

Also on your Hobbs comment, I wouldn't of taken him back, never rated Hobbs probably because he liked to play hoof ball like Matt Mills.

Yeah so he's scored in one of three league games he started. If you constitute 3 starts and half a dozen sub appearances proof he will never return to form then that is your prerogative. I would like to wait a while longer before checking £2/£3m on the scrap heap.

I can't be arsed with trawling through pages of people defending Waghorn ..... He missed a sitter last night - all he needed to do was make the ball connect with his foot and the ball would have been in - he instead tried to break the back of the net and blazed it (imagine that!) high wide and handsome.

It's like playing with ten men. He hides, then convinces you he's on the pitch by chasing a silly lost cause that he doesn't stand a cat in hell's chance of getting anywhere near.

He therefore convinces most of the people that know nothing about football that he's a trier ..... He isn't - he hides from the ball behind a defender whenever there's a real chance of him getting the ball .... he also plays so deep that he's not playng as a striker - all becuase he knows he's so awful in front of goal that he'll embarrass himself when shooting.

Put the lad out of his misery at LCFC and get rid - he just isn't good enough and if he is, it's never going to happen here because he can't rebuild his confidence. Do everyone a favour and stop playing with ten men in a misguided and overly loyal way of sticking by the guy. Stubbornness is your biggest weakness Nigel, you just don't need to keep doing it.

Can you use one of search engines to tell me what angle in degrees the ball arked in when waghorns half volley went in the opposite direction to the goal lol

Just stating facts, he gave away 2 not tons of free kicks last night.

I checked Hawkeye for that one, but it failed to compute, it seemed to track the trajectory of that shot as up and away from the goal, but that makes no sense, the developers of Hawkeye have goine back to reconfigure a Waghorn setting.

Not going to lie it was an awful slice, same as blazing over from a few yards out, I have no problem with criticism, but slagging him off for fouling when he committed 2 all game, 13% of those committed by us last night, I don't agree with.

I can't be arsed with trawling through pages of people defending Waghorn ..... He missed a sitter last night - all he needed to do was make the ball connect with his foot and the ball would have been in - he instead tried to break the back of the net and blazed it (imagine that!) high wide and handsome.

It's like playing with ten men. He hides, then convinces you he's on the pitch by chasing a silly lost cause that he doesn't stand a cat in hell's chance of getting anywhere near.

He therefore convinces most of the people that know nothing about football that he's a trier ..... He isn't - he hides from the ball behind a defender whenever there's a real chance of him getting the ball .... he also plays so deep that he's not playng as a striker - all becuase he knows he's so awful in front of goal that he'll embarrass himself when shooting.

Put the lad out of his misery at LCFC and get rid - he just isn't good enough and if he is, it's never going to happen here because he can't rebuild his confidence. Do everyone a favour and stop playing with ten men in a misguided and overly loyal way of sticking by the guy. Stubbornness is your biggest weakness Nigel, you just don't need to keep doing it.

Whilst you're still constantly having digs at the manager who has us in first place, and after you judged him to be an awful manager, I'd suggest you keep quiet about people knowing nothing about football.

Nearly forgot about that - getting an angle wrong by a few degrees is one thing - by 180 is quite another.

He's also starting to resort to the Howard school of desperation .... if you're not good enough and trying doesn't help, foul instead.

Whilst you're still constantly having digs at the manager who has us in first place, and after you judged him to be an awful manager, I'd suggest you keep quiet about people knowing nothing about football.

Hey I'll forget more than you'll ever know ... but you keep blindly defending everything LCFC it's not tedious at all.

Hey I'll forget more than you'll ever know ... but you keep blindly defending everything LCFC it's not tedious at all.

You blindly attacking everything LCFC isn't tedious either.

That's just bollocks, if that was the case, how come he has got on the end of more chances than Nugent in the last 2 games, stepped up to take the free kick yesterday and tried a 25 yarder that was brilliantly saved by Butland against Brum.

Was involved in a lot yesterday especially while we were on top, and gave their defenders no peace, he is short on confidence, but he is not shying away from anything.

Yeah so he's scored in one of three league games he started. If you constitute 3 starts and half a dozen sub appearances proof he will never return to form then that is your prerogative. I would like to wait a while longer before checking £2/£3m on the scrap heap.

We've done it plenty quick enough with other players .... Matt Mills for instance ..... Got rid at a loss because he wasn't good enough .... is there not the clearest example of that ever playing last night. He was woeful and I can't remember the last time he wasn't ..... Obviously Mark W will remind me he was good on loan 3 seasons ago now.

The interesting point is that none of our strikers are prolific, Nugent 5, Vardy 4, Waghorn 0.

But our midfielders score just as many, and they do not play upfront, Marshall 3, Knockaert 3, King 3, even Dyer has 2.

So would we be better off playing just the one striker with 3 goalscoring mids in support?

Come on, you know it makes sense........ :thumbup:

5waller5 I'm not sure you are well placed to lecture people on not knowing about football after some of your comments on Pearson.

Pearson still has the same frailties ... stubbornness and only being able to manage one type of player ..... Unfortunately only too evident by him continuing with Waghorn.

But he has changed significant;y this season and i'm the first to recognise this.

That's just bollocks, if that was the case, how come he has got on the end of more chances than Nugent in the last 2 games, stepped up to take the free kick yesterday and tried a 25 yarder that was brilliantly saved by Butland against Brum.

Was involved in a lot yesterday especially while we were on top, and gave their defenders no peace, he is short on confidence, but he is not shying away from anything.

Watch him closely ... i find him fascinating and watch him more than anything else ..... he hides.

We've done it plenty quick enough with other players .... Matt Mills for instance ..... Got rid at a loss because he wasn't good enough .... is there not the clearest example of that ever playing last night. He was woeful and I can't remember the last time he wasn't ..... Obviously Mark W will remind me he was good on loan 3 seasons ago now.

Nope, I'll just say that he wasn't woeful last night, but certain people who don't know all that much about football, who have proven that time and time again with their opinions on managers and players, will judge him on one missed chance instead of his all round contribution.

Just stating facts, he gave away 2 not tons of free kicks last night.

I checked Hawkeye for that one, but it failed to compute, it seemed to track the trajectory of that shot as up and away from the goal, but that makes no sense, the developers of Hawkeye have goine back to reconfigure a Waghorn setting.

Not going to lie it was an awful slice, same as blazing over from a few yards out, I have no problem with criticism, but slagging him off for fouling when he committed 2 all game, 13% of those committed by us last night, I don't agree with.

It seemed more than that to me. Mind you for some unbeknown reason he seemed to bugger off to the right wing for chunk of the first half and from where I was sat (opposite side of the ground) him, De Laet, and Drinkwater don't look to disimilar!

It seemed more than that to me. Mind you for some unbeknown reason he seemed to bugger off to the right wing for chunk of the first half and from where I was sat (opposite side of the ground) him, De Laet, and Drinkwater don't look to disimilar!

That was to cover for the wandering Knockaert who decided he wanted to play on the left last night.

You are put on to try and make an impact from the subs bench, he hasn't.

He should of scored twice after coming off the subs bench, he didn't.

He has been rubbish ever since we signed him permanetly, and so far it's been a waste of money, Mills was rubbish, Beckford was rubbish they didn't perform to their price tag then get sold or loaned out, for me Waghorn hasn't proved his worth of £2/£3 million either, so why is he so different to Mills and Beckford.

For me none of them have lived up to their potential, and those three weren't or aren't good enough for Leicester City football club.

You are put on to try and make an impact from the subs bench, he hasn't.

He should of scored twice after coming off the subs bench, he didn't.

He has been rubbish ever since we signed him permanetly, and so far it's been a waste of money, Mills was rubbish, Beckford was rubbish they didn't perform to their price tag then get sold or loaned out, for me Waghorn hasn't proved his worth of £2/£3 million either, so why is he so different to Mills and Beckford.

For me none of them have lived up to their potential, and those three weren't or aren't good enough for Leicester City football club.

He has actually performed at this level.

He's a lot younger.

He contributes more to the team.

He's nowhere near Beckford and Mills in terms of wages.

The interesting point is that none of our strikers are prolific, Nugent 5, Vardy 4, Waghorn 0.

But our midfielders score just as many, and they do not play upfront, Marshall 3, Knockaert 3, King 3, even Dyer has 2.

So would we be better off playing just the one striker with 3 goalscoring mids in support?

Come on, you know it makes sense........ :thumbup:

5 Goals at this stage of the season isn't a bad return. Not amazing but certainly acceptable.

He has actually performed at this level.

He's a lot younger.

He contributes more to the team.

He's nowhere near Beckford and Mills in terms of wages.

He has actually performed at this level - Yes in 2009/2010 three years ago, Beckford performed in the Prem for Everton, Mills captained Reading to play-off final

He's a lot younger - Yes, but Mills was only 25 when we signed him, that's a pretty reasonable age as is 21-22.

He contributes more to the team - No he doesn't, contributing is scoring goals, making an impact he hasn't done neither

He's nowhere near Beckford and Mills in terms of wages - Course he isn't

Archived