Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alexikokopops

Burnley away

I've never been Turf Moor before. I can get return tickets from London £17.60 so I'm giving it a go this year.

To anyone who has been there before - is there any trouble being kept behind after the game? I'm presuming not (it's not Millwall after all) but I can get a train for 17:26 or 18:28 from Burnley Manchester Road so thought I'd check I wasn't going to be screwed over since I'd be cutting it relatively fine with the earlier one as it is.

Will be doing this, will not be buying any train tickets in advance though (not that I need too) just in case the weather gets bad over Christmas as Burnley is known for getting the bad weather pretty bad so I'm told.

Still annoyed about the money I lost at Doncaster couple of years ago at this time of year.

Was that the year the Doncaster game got called off as everyone was one their way?

I remember that, didn't get that far though as I was just about to leave.

As for Burnley I think it's fairly safe, the coaches don't stay for long after as the local plod want them gone so I doubt we'd be held back.

The facilities inside the stand leave a lot to be desired, reminds me of Portsmouth.

I've been Turf Moor once, don't think you get kept behind (although Burnley is a rough place) but I was out of the ground by the time the game ended anyway, considering we were 3-0 down! It's just an older ground really with character, but as I said I've only been the once.

I've never been Turf Moor before. I can get return tickets from London £17.60 so I'm giving it a go this year.

To anyone who has been there before - is there any trouble being kept behind after the game? I'm presuming not (it's not Millwall after all) but I can get a train for 17:26 or 18:28 from Burnley Manchester Road so thought I'd check I wasn't going to be screwed over since I'd be cutting it relatively fine with the earlier one as it is.

Went last season when we won 3-1 and there was no trouble, all the stewards etc were actually very friendly. Still, there's no harm in booking the later train, better safe than sorry and all that

Been twice, lost 3-0 and won 1-3, I actually don't think it's that bad an awayer and certainly wouldn't be at that time of year if we're still doing well. Very dull but it's very easy to create an atmosphere in that end and we were pretty good last year with a mere 700 of us.

Will most likely be there, I hope.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm flying over from Ireland for this game arrive into Manchester at 9am and leave again at 9pm, I just have a horrible feeling its gonna be PP, or my flight will be delayed or something.lol

I'm flying over from Ireland for this game arrive into Manchester at 9am and leave again at 9pm, I just have a horrible feeling its gonna be PP, or my flight will be delayed or something. lol

Yes that would be a nightmare for you mate, hope it all goes well and we see you on the day.

Derby and Leeds are getting stung for thirty quid for this...

Absolute joke. Leeds is Leeds and Derby is on boxing day but wow, £30 for Burnley.... football in this country has become not only a disappointment, it's becoming an absolute fvcking disgrace.

Charging Derby more than most people is laughable anyway. Derby don't take any better numbers than us, Leeds, Sheff Weds, Forest, Wolves, Birmingham or even the likes of Cardiff/Middlesbrough/Hull/Brighton.

Derby have very average numbers in this league for me, can't see boxing day at Burnley being their ideal fixture either, bet they'll take about 600.

Burnley

npower Championship

Date: 29/12/12

Time: 15:00

Prices as follows:

Adults £30

Senior 65+ £17

16-18 Years £17

Students £17

Under 16s £13

Tickets will go on sale:

Monday 17th December Priority 1 STH

Tuesday 18th December Priority 2 STH

Wednesday 19th December Priority 3 STH

Thursday 20th December Members

Friday 21st December General Sale

Fox Travel

Fox Travel will depart from King Power Stadium at 10am.

Season Ticket Holders

Over 18s £20

Under 18s £18

Non Season Ticket Holders

Over 18s £23

Under 18s £21

Poor prices

Archived