Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alexikokopops

Burnley away

£30 for Burnley. Just wow, English football is at rock bottom.

£17 for me but genuinely not sure if I'll bother now to be honest, it'll be absolutely shite with them prices.

Another club I had a bit of respect for, down the shitter.

Really annoyed about this, as I was looking forward to it. Made a note to myself that I wouldn't pay £30 or over for matches they were big and important games, and Burnley just after Christmas doesn't fall into that category. With it being quite local the total cost will not be that bad compared to other games but I still won't be going. Couple of quid cheaper and I would have gone, can't see any reasoning for the prices being so high and usually teams in the north west have decent prices.

I'm in Wigan next weekend, and they play Arsenal and its £25 a ticket. Ridiculous really that Burnley v Leicester is £5 more expensive.

I actually cannot believe this. Burnley, one of the clubs of Lancashire that pretty much make up the numbers, a town of about 70,000 people, a very working class place and even they've resorted to £30.

This is beyond me. Absolutely unbelievable.

I don't know why some of you are that suprised... It's the way football is these days, you can't afford to get to every game, which is a shame because with fans; football is nothing. Although the prices are high, we don't get nothing from moaning, especially when Leicester probably do the same thing. But it's about time players were paid less and ticket prices reduced, or something like that.

Personally, I'll not be going. Didn't like Burnley away the last time I went, never mind on 29th December. I've told a mate from uni that's from, and has a season ticket at Burnley, not to expect that many of us.

The point you make which so many do, that really pisses me off is "Leicester probably do the same".

The people at Leicester who rip off away fans are not connected to our fans in the slightest, they couldn't be further apart for two groups that are assosiated with the same club, and it's so wrong that this would be Burnley's 'revenge' if you like. Leicester fans punished for Leicester City's actions which our fans don't actually condone? The majority anyway.

For example if we charge Leeds silly money because they did it to us, it's so, so wrong on every level.

The point you make which so many do, that really pisses me off is "Leicester probably do the same".

The people at Leicester who rip off away fans are not connected to our fans in the slightest, they couldn't be further apart for two groups that are assosiated with the same club, and it's so wrong that this would be Burnley's 'revenge' if you like. Leicester fans punished for Leicester City's actions which our fans don't actually condone? The majority anyway.

For example if we charge Leeds silly money because they did it to us, it's so, so wrong on every level.

I just included that statement in my post, I wasn't actually making that point... It's just that I see some fans constantly moaning about away ticket prices on an Internet forum, it's not going to do anything. Yes, I agree it is bad, but prices won't be getting reduced in the near future, so we just have to get use to it, as we have done. If you don't want to pay the money to Burnley (or whoever), or if you can't afford it, then don't go. That sounds horrible, it is, but as I said previously, nobody (unless you are minted) can afford to go to every game now. It's a shame like... The thing that I don't get is that some of our fans will say 'xx support is rubbish' (like when we played Derby, Barnsley etc). But then when we're away, it's '£30 is a rip off, it's nearly xmas'. It works both ways.

I wasn't suggesting it is 'revenge', I don't think it works that way. Clubs can get away with charging £30, or more, now. At the end of the day, they know people will pay it. There are plenty of clubs that will sell most, if not all, of the away end at Turf Moor (Blackburn/Leeds for example), and there are always them people that will go to the every away game regardless.

£30 is ridiculous. When we played Preston, it was £10

When the Yak scored?

That was 2 years ago now and a fans fixture game for Preston, that's why the tickets were cheap that day.

Also while we're on the subject of ticket prices, what do LCFC charge away fans?

I bet it's around the £30 mark.

Football has been getting dearer for quite a number of seasons and like fuel,gas,electric will only go one way as well.

I just included that statement in my post, I wasn't actually making that point... It's just that I see some fans constantly moaning about away ticket prices on an Internet forum, it's not going to do anything. Yes, I agree it is bad, but prices won't be getting reduced in the near future, so we just have to get use to it, as we have done. If you don't want to pay the money to Burnley (or whoever), or if you can't afford it, then don't go. That sounds horrible, it is, but as I said previously, nobody (unless you are minted) can afford to go to every game now. It's a shame like... The thing that I don't get is that some of our fans will say 'xx support is rubbish' (like when we played Derby, Barnsley etc). But then when we're away, it's '£30 is a rip off, it's nearly xmas'. It works both ways.

I wasn't suggesting it is 'revenge', I don't think it works that way. Clubs can get away with charging £30, or more, now. At the end of the day, they know people will pay it. There are plenty of clubs that will sell most, if not all, of the away end at Turf Moor (Blackburn/Leeds for example), and there are always them people that will go to the every away game regardless.

Football fans in general are extremely irrational, I fully agree with everything you've put there actually, I just think that it's an absolute joke that some fans genuinely believe the answer to being ripped off somewhere is to do the same to theirs. How is that fair at all? The fans lose both times whilst the ones who committed the 'offence' if you like, got away with it.

When the Yak scored?

That was 2 years ago now and a fans fixture game for Preston, that's why the tickets were cheap that day.

Also while we're on the subject of ticket prices, what do LCFC charge away fans?

I bet it's around the £30 mark.

Football has been getting dearer for quite a number of seasons and like fuel,gas,electric will only go one way as well.

That was a class day, Preston's an under-rated away.

Leicester charge £26 for gold games and £31 for 'platinum' games hence why no-one sells out the away end bar Leeds.

I think there needs to be a tiered pricing system depending on the leagues, a standard maximum adult price at say £25 for Championship football, and then £20 for League 1 and £15 for League 2 for example. Will never happen, but I just think if we're all watching the same championship football then it all should be the same price.

Might sound daft to some but I still think a £25 cap for Championship games is too high.

You look at the kind of prices they pay in Germany, it makes literally every price in this league (including the cheapest) look an absolute joke.

Might sound daft to some but I still think a £25 cap for Championship games is too high.

You look at the kind of prices they pay in Germany, it makes literally every price in this league (including the cheapest) look an absolute joke.

Hmmmm not necessarily all that true. Having been to Germany myself, the cheaper ticket are only available on the terraces and are usually around €15.

Seated areas tend to be €30 plus, granted it is top flight football though.

I think £25 is reasonable for Championship football.

Hmmmm not necessarily all that true. Having been to Germany myself, the cheaper ticket are only available on the terraces and are usually around €15.

Seated areas tend to be €30 plus, granted it is top flight football though.

I think £25 is reasonable for Championship football.

I mean that isn't cheap for the seats but over here for a lot of the top seats you're looking at double what they pay in Germany.

The Championship is more expensive than the Bundesliga yet in terms of the standard and atmosphere, it isn't even close. That to me is so wrong.

went up there on on new years day 2007? Hope there's not much rain as the right hand side of the pitch gets flooded.Jordan Stewart was sliding all over the place.and at that point the ref called it abandoned........20 mins.but to be fair that's how Stewart was for most matches.

Archived