Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Futacs - will he ever start a game ?!

Do people think there is any chance of Pearson giving Futacs a start against Bolton ? Everyone else has been given an opportunity to show what they do up front (for a decent length of time - not just 10/15 minutes off the bench) in a Championship game (including numerous chances for Waggie) - why not Futacs ? Given the failure(s) against Watford, surely he must get a start alongside Nugent.

What is peoples obsession with "giving people a chance". Just because you haven't seen them play, doesn't mean the management don't know what they are capable of. The chuck 'em in they can't be much worse line how quite a few holes in it, primarily that they can be much worse.

Didn't Futacs come on at Watford and make an impact?

Well he was involved, how could he not be when we were slinging high balls into the box, he got his head on a few of them but with little or no effect. Nugent headed as many and more constructively and He was also easily knocked of the ball by their defenders.

Impact is not a word that sprung to my mind.

When he learns to jump, he might have a case for a starting spot.

I was amazed at Watford how little impact he had in the air. Didn't jump once, which if he did, would have made him dominant in the air. Contrast him with Watford's number 9 who had the beating of Whitbread all game.

Maybe I'm being harsh and Futacs's strength is playing the ball on the ground, but it frustrates me when players don't make the most of their gifts, in this case height.

If we start with Futacs against Bolton, we'll end reverting to long ball. If we play long ball against Bolton, they will murder us. They've got the beating of us in the air all day long - we need to attack with pace, keep the passing tidy, and keep possession. I'd start with Nugent and Waggy or Schlupp - 442.

Didn't Futacs come on at Watford and make an impact?

Yeah, played a big part in Nuge's goal as well.

I'm not so sure he should start tonight though. Depends what game we play. If Mills is at Centre Back, from what we know about him Futacs will have a field day against him in the air, but if not their centre backs are supposed to be quite tough nuts aerially, so given Futacs is more Crouch than Heskey in his build, maybe stick with the wing play.

That said, going off on a tangent here, Knockaert really needs a rest - Dyer left wing, Marshall right, Nuge and, assuming Vardy is still injured, Waghorn/Schlupp or Futacs up front (depending on the game plan, but let's please not stray from 4-4-2.)

Even as one of his critics, perhaps it's time to try Danns out again. That said, he's probably very rusty and perhaps needs appearences from the subs bench to gain some fitness. Still not convinced by James, I'm praying he "does a Marshall" and suddenly metamorphises into this boss, but I don't see it at the minute. While he's scoring atm and I wouldn't move him from his AMF role, King is a better DMF for me.

Midfield 4 for me (from left to right) of Dyer, King, Drinkwater, Marshall.

Yeah, played a big part in Nuge's goal as well.

I'm not so sure he should start tonight though. Depends what game we play. If Mills is at Centre Back, from what we know about him Futacs will have a field day against him in the air, but if not their centre backs are supposed to be quite tough nuts aerially, so given Futacs is more Crouch than Heskey in his build, maybe stick with the wing play.

That said, going off on a tangent here, Knockaert really needs a rest - Dyer left wing, Marshall right, Nuge and, assuming Vardy is still injured, Waghorn/Schlupp or Futacs up front (depending on the game plan, but let's please not stray from 4-4-2.)

Even as one of his critics, perhaps it's time to try Danns out again. That said, he's probably very rusty and perhaps needs appearences from the subs bench to gain some fitness. Still not convinced by James, I'm praying he "does a Marshall" and suddenly metamorphises into this boss, but I don't see it at the minute. While he's scoring atm and I wouldn't move him from his AMF role, King is a better DMF for me.

Midfield 4 for me (from left to right) of Dyer, King, Drinkwater, Marshall.

I might be wrong, but wasn't Mills actually decent aerially? It was just absolutely everything else about his game that let him down?

He's played a few games for u21s and scored a few goals, along with Waghorn, can't be arsed to link to all the match reports, but here's the fixtures page which has all the links:

http://www.lcfc.com/fixtures-results/development_squad.aspx

Thanks for that, still none the wiser about him. Guess time will tell, just hope it's not another penalty shoot out when I do

If we start with Futacs against Bolton, we'll end reverting to long ball. If we play long ball against Bolton, they will murder us. They've got the beating of us in the air all day long - we need to attack with pace, keep the passing tidy, and keep possession. I'd start with Nugent and Waggy or Schlupp - 442.

I agree with this.

The danger of playing Futacs is that we become a one dimensional hoof ball outfit.

That's what I heard. It must strengthen his case to start.

He didn't really make an impact. For someone so tall he was very poor in the air but ok on the ground.

I saw very little to convince me he deserves a start.

I might be wrong, but wasn't Mills actually decent aerially? It was just absolutely everything else about his game that let him down?

Absolutely no way.

He got dominated by Jason Scotland and Chris Fvcking Iwelumo last year for Christ's sake.

Granted, decent aerially, but abysmal at marking his man, meaning Futacs could find plenty of space for one of his climbing-frame volleys. So many goals conceded as a result, even Steve Howard in a beartrap would be quick enough to give him the shoulder. :thumbup:

When he learns to jump, he might have a case for a starting spot.

I was amazed at Watford how little impact he had in the air. Didn't jump once, which if he did, would have made him dominant in the air. Contrast him with Watford's number 9 who had the beating of Whitbread all game.

Maybe I'm being harsh and Futacs's strength is playing the ball on the ground, but it frustrates me when players don't make the most of their gifts, in this case height.

You must have popped to the loo when he got up between Fitz Hall and that other lad, and flicked it just the wrong way for Nugent?

You must have popped to the loo when he got up between Fitz Hall and that other lad, and flicked it just the wrong way for Nugent?

INo, I saw that, and I saw Nugent's disappointment that the ball hadn't been flicked into his path.

One header doesn't mean he had an impact in the air.

Did you see the times the ball was pumped long and he didn't jump to get his head on the end of it?

Futacs is still young, but I'm worried he'll be a Zigic.

TBF Tom, he put the ball on a plate for Nugent, Nuge was just so surprised anybody in a blue shirt won the ball in the air, he totally failed to read where Futacs was gonna put it. I read it from where we were stood, Nuge got it wrong. - Then again, compared with me Nuge is a poor striker. 10 years younger mate and I'd be .... in my fifties!!

Archived