Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GingerrrFox

Waghorn's Interview last night....

When you were 80, would you rather have an England cap and an FA Cup winners medal. Or the fact for one season you played in the premier and got 9 goals? It doesn't matter who the cap was against, it doesn't matter whether he played 90 or 1 minute. He has them at home. Where as Beckford has his 50m swimming badge and cycling proficiency certificate on his wall.

In all Nugents years in this league he's never failed to beat Beckfords goals last year (Only Beckfords second season above league two in his career).

What's wrong with that? Have you seen my office wall? :thumbup:

How many England Caps and FA Cup winners medals does Beckford have? I'm sure he will look back at his career and think, oh well I did score 9 goals for Everton in the Premier before Moyes chucked him out quicker than you can say "expensive flop".

Premiership goals don't count now .... they must be like cup goals. It's England caps now. I must keep up!!!!

Premiership goals don't count now .... they must be like cup goals. It's England caps now. I must keep up!!!!

Who said they don't count? We're talking about career achievements. 9 goals before getting dumped from your team is hardly a career highlight, even for Beckford.

I'm not trying to argue either. I'm arguing that they are of too similar a level to say that one is easily better than the other. Which is true.

I really do have to agree with Seenitall in some points - apparently unless you blindly thinking every Leicester player is the best in his position ever, or think that it is not possible for Nigel to ever make a mistake, then you're a "troll"...

While I'm at it, the underrating of Mills here has become criminal. Yes he had an attitude/discipline problem, and yes, we were right to ship him out because of that, but he wasn't a bad defender in the slightest, even if he wasn't a top class one. He actually had a fairly good defensive record here, it's just that they mainly coincided with games where we were unable to score. Infact, Mills/Bamba was our best pairing last season, while SSL had a dreadful record.

But FoxesTalk does like a good bit of Revisionism.

If you agree with seenitall you need to have a serious look at yourself. There is a reason people constantly question whether he's a troll. It's because he comes out with nonsensical drivel. He's completely insane.

If I'm being kind I'll say Mills was a very average defender at this level. He certainly wasnt good and the fact you seem to be one of very few who think he was underrated says more about you than Foxes Talk in general.

I'm not even going to go into the reasons he was a liability a lot of the time, or why the last two clubs he's been at where happy to see him go, or why even his current club's fans are booing him. I've been over them too many times and I can't believe people are still bringing up someone who was such poison to the club. It's irrelevant whether he was just about good enough to be fourth choice for us (he certainly wouldn't be first choice, any suggestion otherwise is laughable) because his attitude made him an utterly terrible member of the squad.

If you agree with seenitall you need to have a serious look at yourself. There is a reason people constantly question whether he's a troll. It's because he comes out with nonsensical drivel. He's completely insane.

I don't agree with most of what he says. But where he says "I love how not towing the 'I Love Nige' line = being a troll" he's correct. People are far too quick to jump on anyone that has a slight criticism or an opinion that is other than "I Love Nigel".

If I'm being kind I'll say Mills was a very average defender at this level. He certainly wasnt good and the fact you seem to be one of very few who think he was underrated says more about you than Foxes Talk in general.

That's what I'm trying to say though, he was an average defender. He wasn't great by any means (I already wrote that in my previous post), but because he had an attitude problem people have greatly exaggerated his defensive capabilities - if you took what was said on here as gospel, then he's apparently the worst defender in the league. Like I said - a serious case of revisionism going on.

I'm not even going to go into the reasons he was a liability a lot of the time, or why the last two clubs he's been at where happy to see him go, or why even his current club's fans are booing him. I've been over them too many times and I can't believe people are still bringing up someone who was such poison to the club. It's irrelevant whether he was just about good enough to be fourth choice for us (he certainly wouldn't be first choice, any suggestion otherwise is laughable) because his attitude made him an utterly terrible member of the squad.

He certainly wouldn't be first choice above Wes or Whitbread. As for SSL, I'm not so sure - if he didn't hoof the ball all the time or have an attitude problem, I think I'd prefer Mills. But this is a moot point, I've never once said we should have him back or that he should play for us - he shouldn't. Simply that he wasn't as bad defender as people with their nigel-tinted glasses are making out.

I don't agree with most of what he says. But where he says "I love how not towing the 'I Love Nige' line = being a troll" he's correct. People are far too quick to jump on anyone that has a slight criticism or an opinion that is other than "I Love Nigel".

No, just seenitall, because he's so quick to slate people who back the manager. See his "relegation form" comment on Tuesday, and the "delusional" comments.

All done with "but I do back the manager" statements, which doesn't appear to be true.

We are poorer defensively without Mills.

That's why in the three games after he was dropped (as you like a little three-game run) we conceded one goal, compared to the three goals in his final game for us.

You can't just pick a game at random and say that proves he's a bad defender o.O I remember we had a spell (Bristol game to Blackpool) where we conceded 10 goals in 4 games, and I'm pretty sure SSL played in all of them.

Statistically, Mills and Bamba were our best pairing last season. Like I said, we were right to get rid of Mills with his attitude problem. But he wasn't

that bad.

You can't just pick a game at random and say that proves he's a bad defender o.O I remember we had a spell (Bristol game to Blackpool) where we conceded 10 goals in 4 games, and I'm pretty sure SSL played in all of them.

Statistically, Mills and Bamba were our best pairing last season. Like I said, we were right to get rid of Mills with his attitude problem. But he wasn't

that bad.

seenitall said we were poorer defensively without Mills, I was manipulating stats like he was.

He wasn't that bad, just not great and with Morgan we've got a better player. Also, looking at Mills' passing style (even before Pearson arrived), do you think he'd be so comfortable playing on the floor?

that bad.

Mills was about as good as Jack Hobbs and we could of bought about 25 Jacks Hobbs with the money we paid for him, he was a flop. And arguing about how good he was/is/will be is pretty irrelevent discussion as he's gone and never coming back, the rest of the current squad clearly think he is a bell end.

I'm all for questioning the manager, I think their are areas that could get better, but you might want to pick an alternative angle than the 2nd best defence in the Championship and our top goal scorer :unsure:

that bad.

Did the statistics not show it was actually Bamba and Wes being the best pair. But conveniently ignored due to them not playing together as often as some of the other partnerships!

Did the statistics not show it was actually Bamba and Wes being the best pair. But conveniently ignored due to them not playing together as often as some of the other partnerships!

Not as far as I remember, but you could be right. It wouldn't suprise me, I've always rated Bamba, and Wes is a great defender.

Mills was about as good as Jack Hobbs and we could of bought about 25 Jacks Hobbs with the money we paid for him, he was a flop. And arguing about how good he was/is/will be is pretty irrelevent discussion as he's gone and never coming back, the rest of the current squad clearly think he is a bell end.

I'm all for questioning the manager, I think their are areas that could get better, but you might want to pick an alternative angle than the 2nd best defence in the Championship and our top goal scorer :unsure:

I'm not criticising our defense, our strike force or even Nigel! I'm just commenting on the attitude of people on here that as soon as a player leaves, they immediately become deemed one of the worst players in the championship.

seenitall said we were poorer defensively without Mills, I was manipulating stats like he was.

He wasn't that bad, just not great and with Morgan we've got a better player. Also, looking at Mills' passing style (even before Pearson arrived), do you think he'd be so comfortable playing on the floor?

No, I agree with you to be fair - Morgan is a superior player, and I don't think he could pass around the back to well,

I'm not criticising our defense, our strike force or even Nigel! I'm just commenting on the attitude of people on here that as soon as a player leaves, they immediately become deemed one of the worst players in the championship.

I don't think many people have said that though. Most people have said they were delighted to get rid of him because of his attitude, which is fair.

If it was based on football ability alone his averageness might warrant him a place in the squad but nothing more. seenitall saying he'd want him alongside Wes is a joke. Even if he was good enough (which he isn't) the fact that he ignores the fact he had a bad attitude, his own fans/players/managers disliked him and he didn't want to be here and work hard,is why he and Mills are getting a slating.

Its not like people weren't questionning him whilst he was playing for us. Maybe a few people are blindly biased towards Pearson and anyone who is in the team but I don't think you can accuse people of that in this thread, if anything there's been a backlash to seenitall's blatant bias against Pearson and the players who are currently in the team.

Which is the bigger loss for me .... I still think Bamba was great and would slot very nicely into the side now.

Which is the bigger loss for me .... I still think Bamba was great and would slot very nicely into the side now.

I think statistically the defense is now much better than any of those partnerships last year. Especially the SSL Wes one.

I think statistically the defense is now much better than any of those partnerships last year. Especially the SSL Wes one.

It may well be .... but i'd still love to have Bamba as an option - he'd be class in this new style of NP football.

Yes I realise.

Maybe he didn't, I wonder if he still thinks so with one fit centre back.

Can't count either?

Morgan, Whitbread, Moore & possibly Keane makes four fit centre backs, not one.

Bamba was an exciting player to watch, but while his unpredictability made him exciting, he must have been a nightmare to organise a defence around. How can you organise your defence when you're not sure if one of your central defenders is going to chest the ball down and go off on a mazy run? Nightmare. He put us under so much pressure last season it was unbelievable.

Can't count either?

Morgan, Whitbread, Moore & possibly Keane makes four fit centre backs, not one.

Bamba was an exciting player to watch, but while his unpredictability made him exciting, he must have been a nightmare to organise a defence around. How can you organise your defence when you're not sure if one of your central defenders is going to chest the ball down and go off on a mazy run? Nightmare. He put us under so much pressure last season it was unbelievable.

Yes i can count. We disagree on whether those players are fit, or are first team centre backs.

Yes i can count. We disagree on whether those players are fit, or are first team centre backs.

Well they've all played in the first team and they're all physically fit, I don't know where the grey area is to be honest?

Wes Morgan is Wes Morgan - he's a machine and I'm sure he's bang up for Saturday's game. Whitbread's match fit now, he's only out of the side due to suspension, Moore has established himself in the first team squad and he's match fit too. The only one with a bit of a question mark is Keane, but Pearson said they withdrew him on Tues as a precaution and he should be ok for Saturday.

So why do you think we only have one fit centre back on our books? Because it seems quite clear to me that we have AT LEAST 3.

Archived