Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

credit where its due!

You only get the small minory of idiot's that can't be quiet. I'm not going to talk, shout or whisper during any minute/two minute silence, because it's not right. If people can't be quiet to respect real heroes, who had to make life changing decisions, then there is something wrong with society.

We shouldn't really be coming onto a forum and saying 'well done for being quiet', it should be standard. (not having a go at the op, because I understand why you started the thread).

You only get the small minory of idiot's that can't be quiet. I'm not going to talk, shout or whisper during any minute/two minute silence, because it's not right. If people can't be quiet to respect real heroes, who had to make life changing decisions, then there is something wrong with society.

We shouldn't really be coming onto a forum and saying 'well done for being quiet', it should be standard. (not having a go at the op, because I understand why you started the thread).

Perhaps this thread should be "well done for being quiet after an old man had to wave frantically at you to shut you up for less than one minutes whilst we observed a bizarre form of Remembrance which is completely different to actual remembrance because you'd ignored the written and spoken instructions which we'd had to design for you because you've ****ed it up every single year we've done it. Thanks everyone, thanks a lot. Great effort all round ... Oh and sorry you didn't notice all the Poppies, the players gathering around the centre circle, the men and women in uniform, the entire ground stood up, the man with a bugle (not a horn) our bad for not making every conceivable effort to accomodate your ignorance."

It should be announced clearly, not by the Birch who mumbles through messages, since poeple are in the concourse or still entering the ground and thus will not see the big screens, plus those with bad eyesight probably will not be able to read from parts of the ground.

It should be announced clearly, not by the Birch who mumbles through messages, since poeple are in the concourse or still entering the ground and thus will not see the big screens, plus those with bad eyesight probably will not be able to read from parts of the ground.

Stop making excuses - it's pretty obvious what's happening - people need to be less selfish and blaming others for their ignorance.

Stop making excuses - it's pretty obvious what's happening - people need to be less selfish and blaming others for their ignorance.

Stop being an ass.

Not everyone knows these things believe it or not, that is the reason why the Birch mumbles this every year.

You know this how?

I think what he is alluding to is L1 and the surrouding areas.

In such way that, normally the away fans make some noise not realising what is going on, then L1 and the surrounding area start making noise trying to shut them up, e.t.c and it becomes tit for tat.

If our fans just let the away fans get on with it and our fans stayed quiet respecting the silence atleast we could hold our heads high and the away fans would soon realise when we were all quiet respecting the silence.

Not blaming L1 directing, it's all around the ground, but it starts over in the away section and the surrounding areas of the away section and transgresses round the ground become a farce.

Fortunately where i stand it is silent but i do hear noises emanating from the away corner part of the ground these past few years on remembrance day matches, i guess some poeple are just to drunk and stupid to understand what silence means, though i have heard peeps before the match asking when the minutes silence begins before now.

Last year was the worst from what i remember, though the parade of old soldiers and younger veterans in uniform gets loudly applauded at half time.

I am lucky enough to be able to read, see and hear.

At the ground I did not see any instructions on the scoreboards. Too much was happening on the pitch and in the stands for my attention to be on the scoreboards.

I also could not make out what the Birch was saying. I got the gist of it from experience of what has happened in the past on these occasions but not from any verbal instructions in the ground. I also stand in a relatively quiet part of the ground, not L1

The only instructions I did hear were on Radio Leicester on the way to the ground.

Now I know by posting this I risk being branded ignorant or deficient in attention or something by someone of perfect manners and demeanour but all I am actually trying to get across is that people seemed to genuinely want to show their respect but may have allowed the excitement of the day and the poor communication from the club get in the way of this.

This is, of course, my error. It is always far easier to take the moral high ground and throw some dirt at some perceived other who is inferior to yourself.

I am lucky enough to be able to read, see and hear.

At the ground I did not see any instructions on the scoreboards. Too much was happening on the pitch and in the stands for my attention to be on the scoreboards.

I also could not make out what the Birch was saying. I got the gist of it from experience of what has happened in the past on these occasions but not from any verbal instructions in the ground. I also stand in a relatively quiet part of the ground, not L1

The only instructions I did hear were on Radio Leicester on the way to the ground.

Now I know by posting this I risk being branded ignorant or deficient in attention or something by someone of perfect manners and demeanour but all I am actually trying to get across is that people seemed to genuinely want to show their respect but may have allowed the excitement of the day and the poor communication from the club get in the way of this.

This is, of course, my error. It is always far easier to take the moral high ground and throw some dirt at some perceived other who is inferior to yourself.

Did you boo, sing, cheer, make a noise whilst the last post was being played? I suspect not as you had noticed the 'happenings on the pitch' and as you stated previous 'occasions' (i.e. pretty much every year since we, yes we, introduced the whole Poppy on the shirts back in 2003) had reminded you how to conduct yourself. The first time people misbehaved during the remembrance game perhaps we could blame communication, the second time less so, the third time it was excruciating and this fourth? There is no moral high ground to take, there is simply behaving in the normal way.

Did you boo, sing, cheer, make a noise whilst the last post was being played? I suspect not as you had noticed the 'happenings on the pitch' and as you stated previous 'occasions' (i.e. pretty much every year since we, yes we, introduced the whole Poppy on the shirts back in 2003) had reminded you how to conduct yourself. The first time people misbehaved during the remembrance game perhaps we could blame communication, the second time less so, the third time it was excruciating and this fourth? There is no moral high ground to take, there is simply behaving in the normal way.

I wish it had gone better. I watched the game on TV today and I really felt for the old duffer leading the ceremony, for whom this probably means something personal rather than as an abstract concept.

But...I think people genuinely wanted to show their respect and I can see where the misunderstandings came from.

I certainly wasn't watching the scoreboard while a helicopter twirled six feet from the centre circle!

I wish it had gone better. I watched the game on TV today and I really felt for the old duffer leading the ceremony, for whom this probably means something personal rather than as an abstract concept.

But...I think people genuinely wanted to show their respect and I can see where the misunderstandings came from.

I certainly wasn't watching the scoreboard while a helicopter twirled six feet from the centre circle!

but again I assume the presence of a big **** off helicopter would make even the biggest retard stop and think 'why is there a helicopter landing on the pitch' at which point they might also notice lots of folks stood about holding poppies.

I arrived after the helicopter, having not listened to Radio Leicester and was still able to comprehend what was going on.

But did you know you had to stay quiet after the 'Last Post'?

I like to consider myself a man of average intelligence and having been conscious for most of my life I am aware that after the Last Post it is traditional to observe 2 minutes silence. I think up until the age of 5 or 6 I needed it explaining to me but then I sort of picked up on what to do whenever the Last Post is played in November. Likewise when I see a Poppy seller I don't feel the need to ask 'what you selling them for mate?' as over the years I've managed to remember.

I was aware we would be quiet during the playing of the Last Post (I'm not quite sure why that had to be explained to everyone but it was) because thanks to a combination of evolution, good genes and a grasp of basic literacy I can see, read and understand, so when I saw a huge TV screen with the words 'Please remain silent during the playing of the last post' I decided it would be socially adventageous to remain silent. This on screen message made me question whether over the years I'd had it all wrong, that my inclination to remain quiet during the playing of the Last Post had just been a mistake on my part and that actually one should just carrying talking and mooching about, but then I guessed perhaps it was a polite reminder to those people who have memories akin to Goldfish or those who weren't used to just being quiet.

I like to consider myself a man of average intelligence and having been conscious for most of my life I am aware that after the Last Post it is traditional to observe 2 minutes silence. I think up until the age of 5 or 6 I needed it explaining to me but then I sort of picked up on what to do whenever the Last Post is played in November. Likewise when I see a Poppy seller I don't feel the need to ask 'what you selling them for mate?' as over the years I've managed to remember.

I was aware we would be quiet during the playing of the Last Post (I'm not quite sure why that had to be explained to everyone but it was) because thanks to a combination of evolution, good genes and a grasp of basic literacy I can see, read and understand, so when I saw a huge TV screen with the words 'Please remain silent during the playing of the last post' I decided it would be socially adventageous to remain silent. This on screen message made me question whether over the years I'd had it all wrong, that my inclination to remain quiet during the playing of the Last Post had just been a mistake on my part and that actually one should just carrying talking and mooching about, but then I guessed perhaps it was a polite reminder to those people who have memories akin to Goldfish or those who weren't used to just being quiet.

So your motivation was social advancement? Therefore, if you were with a group of yampy lads who would've thought it was a right laugh for you to sing a song then you would've done?

Don't answer that. Some good things on TV tonight so will have to agree to differ. :thumbup:

Archived