Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gaffer

Pearson Sky Interview

I really don't see why the referees can't be interviewed post-match like the managers, just to say how they saw incidents and why they made the decisions they made.

Exactly, they seem to love being in the limelight, so why do they disappear and hide away without talking to anybody afterwards?

I really don't see why the referees can't be interviewed post-match like the managers, just to say how they saw incidents and why they made the decisions they made.

Exactly, they seem to love being in the limelight, so why do they disappear and hide away without talking to anybody afterwards?

What exactly are they going to say though? The only answer they'll ever give is 'I gave the decision as I saw it.'

Many fans and spectators want football to kept as traditional as possible I suppose, keep the branding of the game as original for as long ad possible and not to get the technological treatment. But I think this is bullshit, times change and things need tweaking and I do agree with you.

I understand you agree with me, my answer back to the type of fans you describe in your post would be;

Keep the game as it is, Keep getting wrong decisions made and carry on moaning or move the game forward? The choice is yours.

Well it isn't, it would have to be all ran through FIFA and none of our wishes or opinions are cared about by FIFA but you get the idea.

Many fans and spectators want football to kept as traditional as possible I suppose, keep the branding of the game as original for as long ad possible and not to get the technological treatment. But I think this is bullshit, times change and things need tweaking and I do agree with you.

There's very little traditional about football even the rules are regularly changed, then we've had the creation of the PL, 3 points for a win, 1 then 2 then 3 and now 7 substitutes, the European Champions Knock Out Cup turned into the Champions League for more also rans than champions.

FIFA will change anything about football if it means there's more money for them to take the cream off.

There's very little traditional about football even the rules are regularly changed, then we've had the creation of the PL, 3 points for a win, 1 then 2 then 3 and now 7 substitutes, the European Champions Knock Out Cup turned into the Champions League for more also rans than champions.

FIFA will change anything about football if it means there's more money for them to take the cream off.

I think most people would agree that 3 points for a win was a good thing, along with loosening the rules on offside to favour attackers and no picking up of passbacks to the goalkeepers. Change isn't always a bad thing.

I think most people would agree that 3 points for a win was a good thing, along with loosening the rules on offside to favour attackers and no picking up of passbacks to the goalkeepers. Change isn't always a bad thing.

I wasn't commenting on whether they were good or bad changes just that there had been numerous changes so the idea that somehow the game of football was still steeped in tradition was wrong.

I think some form of technical help in what is a faster much more scrutinised game would be very useful. I certainly wouldn't cite maintaining tradition as an argument fro say no to it.

Actually its quite refreshing to see a good bit of old fashioned passion from your manager....

As annoyed as i am about the Penalty , I am remembering also that we went 1-0 up from an absolute howler of an own goal.

Are we hard done by? Well its swings and roundabouts isnt it. On another day the ref would not of given it but on another day they wouldnt of scored an own goal either....

Archived