Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gaffer

Pearson Sky Interview

I'm not sure that this is anything to be proud of. His interview was bang on, but this is a bit unsavoury,

Suppose that's two points that costs us a play off spot at the end of the season. Pearson's job will be on the line and it'll be the incompetence of two/three officials that have possibly cost him it. He's got every right to be pissed off at them, and in the emotionally charged environment that he was in, I don't blame him for getting fired up and using a bit of choice language.

Good on the bloke. Fans like to see passion and that's exactly what we're getting from him.

What was really needed was for Sky to stick their cameras and microphones into the face of the officials post match and ask why a penalty was given and why a deliberate handball in the opposite penalty area was ignored. Perhaps they could explain the rules to us less mortals.

As I said pre-match, refs decide what the score will be. Still pissed off today.

Fully agree with him, it is about time the officials had to answer for their errors, they get paid a professional wage these days and can easily decide a match.

I had read this weekend that referees in other sports carry microphones on them so what they say can be heard and that they are asked and have to explain about contentious decisions.

Fully agree with him, it is about time the officials had to answer for their errors, they get paid a professional wage these days and can easily decide a match.

I had read this weekend that referees in other sports carry microphones on them so what they say can be heard and that they are asked and have to explain about contentious decisions.

Not watched any Rugby on TV in years but I know they always used to be miced up and you could hear them on the TV during the games.

Considering you'd say Football is the more 'dynamic' and 'modern' game compared to Rugby (I would anyway), Football is so behind the times in certain things.

Not watched any Rugby on TV in years but I know they always used to be miced up and you could hear them on the TV during the games.

Considering you'd say Football is the more 'dynamic' and 'modern' game compared to Rugby (I would anyway), Football is so behind the times in certain things.

Many fans and spectators want football to kept as traditional as possible I suppose, keep the branding of the game as original for as long ad possible and not to get the technological treatment. But I think this is bullshit, times change and things need tweaking and I do agree with you.

Archived