Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC FOX

Ipswich fans

Makes a bit of a mockery of the idea that 'getting behind the lads' makes any difference to their performance

My uncle used to play at this level for Birmingham and Wolves and I'd always wanted to know whether or not it makes a difference so I asked when I saw him at St. Andrews a few weeks back. He says it made a massive difference to him and his team mates. They go out to play their best every time as you'd expect but he said it's hard to get yourself going when the atmosphere is flat.

That's only a sample of one so I wouldn't take it as gospel, but I thought it was interesting and made sense. For what it's worth I was of the same view as you before that conversation.

Not at all keen on Ipswich as a club but their fans don't strike me as a bad bunch and that's two of the last three they've had a light hearted day following a game they'd been absolutely buried at half time by.

Just can't be arsed with any club that charges £31.

I've always liked Ipswich and it's no surprise to read that their fans on here were vociferous in the face of disaster for them! I well remember Bobby Robson's successful team of the late 70s-early 80s and it's a shame to see them in the mess they're presently in but hopefully McCarthy and Connor will turn it round for them - but they've sure got their work cut out!

I am just writing this, and nothing else. Im an Ipswich fan, and I want to thank you all for the massive support.

I come from Norway and was in Ipswich a month ago to watch us get hammered by the Rams at home (last game under Jewell).

Means alot to hear all these nice things regarding our fans, cheers people!!

PS: Nugent, can he please have a suspension the next time we play?? ;)

COYB

We know we are woeful, but thanks for the compliments about our fans, thats something to be proud of

I've always liked Ipswich and it's no surprise to read that their fans on here were vociferous in the face of disaster for them! I well remember Bobby Robson's successful team of the late 70s-early 80s and it's a shame to see them in the mess they're presently in but hopefully McCarthy and Connor will turn it round for them - but they've sure got their work cut out!

Erm they were not at all loud and Portman Road epitomises a morgue. I think what fans are saluting was they took the pasting in a positive way by getting involved in the Mexican wave and celebrating our goals (with a partial Poznan). Noisy they most certainly were not! We even chanted Ipswich for them just to give them vocal backing!

I still remember when they got on the pitch after they beat us 3-2 in the 90-91 season which was their last home game of the season and giving it the biggun where we were all standing. Never came past the edge of the penalty area though. They marched out through the opposite end feeling pretty smug with themselves.

Approximately 1 minute later they all came running back up to the stand as 20 or so Leicester fans dressed as Harri Krishna chased them back up from the exits and you could see those guys trying to get at the Ipswich fans as the stewards tried to close the exit door. They were not looking too smug after that.

Remember the chant the next season we played them "Run from the Krishnas. We saw you run from the Krishnas!" Great days.

I still remember when they got on the pitch after they beat us 3-2 in the 90-91 season which was their last home game of the season and giving it the biggun where we were all standing. Never came past the edge of the penalty area though. They marched out through the opposite end feeling pretty smug with themselves.

Approximately 1 minute later they all came running back up to the stand as 20 or so Leicester fans dressed as Harri Krishna chased them back up from the exits and you could see those guys trying to get at the Ipswich fans as the stewards tried to close the exit door. They were not looking too smug after that.

Remember the chant the next season we played them "Run from the Krishnas. We saw you run from the Krishnas!" Great days.

I was at this game.

I was in the terrace behind the goal.The seated Leicester fans were in the top tier far corner.

As I remember the Harre Krishnas ran along the sloping roof then jumped down onto the pitch.

I do not want to see them relegated. Good fans, and a family orientated club like ourselves.

AAHHHHH!!!!!! are we a family orientated club?

So that's what it is!!! never thought we would have the family club label. Yes I have taken all my kids down City and currently go with my youngest son and stand at the back of the family stand... but I always thought the Family Club label was the kiss of death to atmosphere.

So now we know. Is it my fault? shouldn't have took the kids? I just thought I was educating them!!!

By the way. Hate Ipswich, hate Forest, hate Leeds, hate Man Utd, hate Chelsea, hate Millwall, hate Derby, hate Villa, hate Coventry....

Basically hate them all, sorry I loved the tribal nature of football and the songs and atmosphere it inspired in the past. There you go.... only being honest, I await to be shot down as a Neanderthal.

Suppose I need to ditch that now and get on this love-in of other supporters, embrace the family club image, maybe get a drum and do repetative family orientated sing-alongs.

So that's what it is!!! never thought we would have the family club label. Yes I have taken all my kids down City and currently go with my youngest son and stand at the back of the family stand... but I always thought the Family Club label was the kiss of death to atmosphere.

So now we know. Is it my fault? shouldn't have took the kids? I just thought I was educating them!!!

By the way. Hate Ipswich, hate Forest, hate Leeds, hate Man Utd, hate Chelsea, hate Millwall, hate Derby, hate Villa, hate Coventry....

Basically hate them all, sorry I loved the tribal nature of football and the songs and atmosphere it inspired in the past. There you go.... only being honest, I await to be shot down as a Neanderthal.

Suppose I need to ditch that now and get on this love-in of other supporters, embrace the family club image, maybe get a drum and do repetative family orientated sing-alongs.

Agree with this so, so much.

Working the nightshift, read this..........100% agree with ya; In fact at this present moment, i hate everyone :mad::@:devil:

I just thought I was educating them!!!

Good man, my 9 year old would match any of you for hatred of Forest/Derby/Cov/Leeds.

But I don't hate the whole league, it's not that tribal for me - if there isn't any significant history between us and a club's fans turn up and have a good bit of banter then they're all right by me.

Those Ipswich lads were a good bunch, bit sentimental I know but echoes of the past for me.

Archived