Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

Greatest moment in Leicester City's history

In terms of celebrations, Howard vs. Leeds. I remember Nils Eric Johansson scoring against Preston that was pretty good too.

:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

We are talking about the greatest moments in Leicester City's History, you bring up Nils Eric fvcking Johansson scoring against Preston fvcking Non Entity.

No club's greatest ever top 100 moments should include that shite swede.

Not the best but certainly a highlight -

Inflicting Liverpool's first home defeat in 85 games during the 80-81 season.

Sports headline the next day

"Blue Moon Over Anfield"

Quite a few of my friends at the time were Liverpool fans which made it even better.

That's more like it.

Surprised nobody mentioned the 94 play off semi final 2nd leg at filbert street against tranmere!

1st leg finished nil nil and it was 1-1 with about 10 to go and tranmere going through on away goals when David Speedie popped up with a goal and then all hell broke loose and Speedie and i think their goalkeeper got sent off so he missed the final! I was in the kop that game and the atmosphere was insane!

Claridge and Walshy at Wembley for me as well! Great moments!

Good shout! I was in the standing section for that game, I was only 8 myself, I'd never experienced a game like it up to that point, then to follow it up with the Derby final. Just wow! I seriously feel for our younger fans, nothing to celebrate/remember other than mediocrity at best.

Good shout! I was in the standing section for that game, I was only 8 myself, I'd never experienced a game like it up to that point, then to follow it up with the Derby final. Just wow! I seriously feel for our younger fans, nothing to celebrate/remember other than mediocrity at best.

What about Nils Eric Johansson's goal against Preston North End, that was pretty great...

:ph34r:

As much as I enjoyed the League One season, no moments from it should be included in our greatest moments list, especially equalisers. We've had three League Cup winners, two play-off final winners, so there is five top moments.

Another moment was after we beat Sunderland 5-2 after Stan Collymore scored a hat-trick on his home debut. Even that score flattered Sunderland that day. I went away thinking we had a team capable of challenging at the top end of the Premiership. Unfortunately we sold Hesky to Liverpool about a week later, Stan broke his leg at Derby and O'Neill left for Celtic at the end of the season.

Still wonder what could have been had we kept everyone and the management team together...

Surprised nobody mentioned the 94 play off semi final 2nd leg at filbert street against tranmere!

1st leg finished nil nil and it was 1-1 with about 10 to go and tranmere going through on away goals when David Speedie popped up with a goal and then all hell broke loose and Speedie and i think their goalkeeper got sent off so he missed the final! I was in the kop that game and the atmosphere was insane!

Claridge and Walshy at Wembley for me as well! Great moments!

My mate wound Speedie up by accident for that match.

We were in the Kop, the pen right next to the Carling stand and i mentioned Nevin was class earlier in the season down at Filbo.

So my mate shouted at him, " you Scottish ************ etc.,"

Unfortunately Speedie was warming up and turned to look into our very crowded pen with an angry expression, obviously thinking it was aimed at him and then he was called in by Little to get ready to go on.

By the way I'm pretty sure that Swindon game is the only time a team has cancelled out a 3 goal deficit at Wembley. The equaliser certainly was quite a moment, can't imagine what it would have been like to witness it live.

It doesn't really leave a lot to the imagination......it was brill!

:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

We are talking about the greatest moments in Leicester City's History, you bring up Nils Eric fvcking Johansson scoring against Preston fvcking Non Entity.

No club's greatest ever top 100 moments should include that shite swede.

I'm referring to my personal experiences, which only date back to 2003. Watching Steve Walsh's goal brings me nowhere near as much enjoyment as I felt that day when he scored, in fact it brings me zero, as it means nothing to me because I didn't support Leicester or experience it first hand, so it's down to personal opinion isn't it.

I'm referring to my personal experiences, which only date back to 2003. Watching Steve Walsh's goal brings me nowhere near as much enjoyment as I felt that day when he scored, in fact it brings me zero, as it means nothing to me because I didn't support Leicester or experience it first hand, so it's down to personal opinion isn't it.

I know, and it's not just you, but the thread is for the greatest moments in our History, not just personal highlights, my greatest moment was probably watching my first game, but a 3-1 victory over Barnsley in 1992 is not going to be high in the clubs history of greatest ever games.

Another moment was after we beat Sunderland 5-2 after Stan Collymore scored a hat-trick on his home debut. Even that score flattered Sunderland that day. I went away thinking we had a team capable of challenging at the top end of the Premiership. Unfortunately we sold Hesky to Liverpool about a week later, Stan broke his leg at Derby and O'Neill left for Celtic at the end of the season.

Still wonder what could have been had we kept everyone and the management team together...

Have you seen the film "The Commitments" ? Remember the ending ? That game always reminds me of that film, (and vice versa).

Guest bss9401

Not the best but certainly a highlight -

Inflicting Liverpool's first home defeat in 85 games during the 80-81 season.

Sports headline the next day

"Blue Moon Over Anfield"

Quite a few of my friends at the time were Liverpool fans which made it even better.

I would not underestimate this. I was 14 when I went to the game. The celebration of the 2nd goal and at the final whistle was as good as anything I have experienced. No one had achieved the double over Liverpool for 6 years and they were justifiably considered to be one of the best football teams ever. This match is definitely in my top 5.

If the thread was called 'What's your favourite moment as a Leicester fan' then it would be.

Founding of the club in 1884

Election to the Football League 1894

First ever Cup final 1949

First foray into Europe 1961/62 Cup Winners Cup

Highest ever league finish - 4th 1962/63

First Cup Trophy win League cup 1964

Charity Shield Winners 1971

First Wembley Cup Win League Cup 1997

Pretty poor list really when you consider it covers 128 years.

Worst moment in our history getting relegated to 3rd tier for the first time in our history 2008 after 124 years

1) 1-0 Fulham (away), 1983. Important victory over our promotion rivals.About 8,000 Leicester fans.

2) Earlier in the 1983 season a 5-0 drubbing of Wolves, who were in the promotion race as well

3) 4-0 v Luton, 1974 FA Cup - Weller's wonder goal

4) 5-2 v Shrewsbury, 1982 FA Cup quarter final. What an incredible game. Getting the easiest possible game at home in the round, May giving us an early lead, Wallington's injury, going behind, it look all over, fortuitous own goal just before half time, Young being replaced by Lynex in goal, goals by Lineker and Melrose.

5) 6-1 v Burton Albion, 1985 FA Cup. Game had to be replayed due to the Burton Albion keeper being felled by a coin. Burton manager was a certain Neil Warnock.

6) 3-1 v Everton, 1985. First home game of the season. Lineker's first game for Everton. Mark Bright scored two audacious goals from outside the area and we thought we had found the new Lineker.

7) 3-2 v Leatherhead, 1975 FA Cup. 2-0 down and then turning it around in the second half.

8) Steve Walsh walking to pick up the League Cup trophy at Hillsborough - almost brought tears to my eyes, as we had finally won something.

Founding of the club in 1884

Election to the Football League 1894

First ever Cup final 1949

First foray into Europe 1961/62 Cup Winners Cup

Highest ever league finish - 4th 1962/63

First Cup Trophy win League cup 1964

Charity Shield Winners 1971

First Wembley Cup Win League Cup 1997

Pretty poor list really when you consider it covers 128 years.

Worst moment in our history getting relegated to 3rd tier for the first time in our history 2008 after 124 years

Didn't we finish 2nd in 1929?

The Great Escape. God knows what would have happened to us and where we'd be now if that didn't happen.

Meaning James' goal v Oxford in '91, coming out of administration and not even being docked 10 points.....or escaping League One at the first attempt??

Worst is easy, but it has to be 3-3 Arsenal, I have seen us lift silverware at Wemberly with my two lads, the wheels on the bus go round round round is immortal as was the score broad at half time , beating Spurs at home under St Martin when Spurs stopped playing and looked as if the wanted to leave thd pitch is a personal fav, my lad as mascot v Man U another, walking into a pub back in the day to find it full of Wovles fans !!!!! so many over the years but that 3-3 v the gunners is what it's all about, pride, passion FOXES NEVER QUIT

So thank you Leicester City FC the greatest team I have ever seen.

Seriously? You don't feel any emotion watching back videos of classic moments? Steve Walsh's winner v Derby brings a tear to my eye and I was 2 years old when it happened.

Seriously? You don't feel any emotion watching back videos of classic moments? Steve Walsh's winner v Derby brings a tear to my eye and I was 2 years old when it happened.

Same. I'm glad I'm not the only one, none of my friends get it either.

Another one I haven't seen on here (forgive me if it's been mentioned) is this.

Most people my dads age say that first goal is their favourite moment, surely one of our most iconic goals?

Archived