Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

Greatest moment in Leicester City's history

Walshys was possibily the best.

the greatest one I have witnessed was Claridge's against Palace while nearly breaking my leg in the process. and at Hillsborugh.

Wimbledon in the league cup semi final great atmosphere that day.

Dublins against Charlton in the cup was good nothing epic but last minute and great atmosphere that day.... theres plenty more!

Top 10. Ummmm

In no particular order.

Claridges shinned winner at wembley.

Walshy dragging himself off the bupa bed to fcuk the sheep and take us up at the 3rd time of asking.

Tony james keeping us up. Well as a kid the pitch invasion at full time. Immense

Muzzys header infront of a packed away end at watford to get us in the play-offs.

Followed by garry parker scoring at the victoria ground. Again ****ing awesome. Mind you the home end emptying onto the pitch worried me for a minute or 2.

Muzzys volley v spurs in the dont go o'neill spurs game.

Southend away to seal a fun year in l1.

Claridge again at hillsborough after being wacked by a boro fan before the game that goal and the journey home felt so sweet.

And 2 i didn't get to witness live.

Tommy wrights 3 yard tap in v forest at the walkers random i know.

And the play-off demolision of cambridge wish i was there. Proberbly my biggest miss as a leicester fan.

Think thats 10.

If i could add a random defeat. But that night in cardiff made me so proud of my club and our fans for the 1st time in a number of years.

Oh shit i forgot being 3 down to swindon and making it 3 all. Shit there are too many.

Followed by garry parker scoring at the victoria ground. Again ****ing awesome. Mind you the home end emptying onto the pitch worried me for a minute or 2.

this is a night that always comes up in my mind when thinking back of things.. horses trying to keep the mob back, players stil on the pitch, long walk back to the car throuigh the terrace streets and alley ways...

The ones of which I've seen would have to be Howard vs Leeds and Sol Bamba vs Man City. Two of the best celebrate goals I can remember.

Others would be the obvious Claridge's winner, Marshall in the UEFA Cup, Walsh against Derby then Matt Elliott vs Tranmere.

Edit: Mark De Vries vs Spurs was a great moment as well!

For myself and because of my age, it would have to be the 3-2 FA Cup win against Tottenham.

We had a pretty terrible side back then, 2-0 down thinking we were here for a drubbing, but we comeback to win with De Vries, Hammond and Hughes on the scoresheet, three proper Leicester rejects. I also still have the ticket for that game, a bit sad but it was one of my first games at the Walkers/King Power and my most memorable.

Others would have to be MK Dons away, even though it was a draw, the celebrations from the fans after Gradel's last minute free kick was madness, never been involved in something like that before it was truly amazing, fans went crazy.

this is a night that always comes up in my mind when thinking back of things.. horses trying to keep the mob back, players stil on the pitch, long walk back to the car throuigh the terrace streets and alley ways...

I was on the coach and getting to that was bad enough. Don't envy anyone who had to walk back further than the cark park(shit gravel area) as for the horses i just remember hanging off the railings at the front and seeing a stripped off neil lennon turning round and thinking oh **** as he saw what was going on. And he grew up with worse i guess.

Most mental celebration ive ever witnessed first hand by a country mile is Walsh's equalizer against Arsenal in the 3-3 draw at Filbo.

But best memory for me out of everything is Claridges goal V Palace. "That could be.....the winner from Claridge...IT IS" is the only commentary which still gives me goosebumps

Going 3-2 up against Chelsea in the League cup 2007-2008. Some guy fell about 5 rows down with excitement and landed on some women when DJ scored lol .

Also, Southend when we got promoted. Having starting supporting Leicester in the O'Neill era, it was the first time I felt proud to be a Leicester fan in a long time and gave me hope for good times ahead!

Top 5 in order from my memory

The 5-0 v Cambridge

Claridge V Palace

Walsh v Derby

Cottee at Old Trafford

The ten minute standing ovation with the ground singing at home to Man Utd that saw the end of an era when we were relegated from the Premier (I know this sounds weird but I was never prouder to be a Leicester fan at that point)

Crikey you realise some of the shit our younger fans must have been through when Bamba and Hume goals are mentioned. Good times return eventually guys, stick with it. :(

Archived