Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

Greatest moment in Leicester City's history

Steve Walsh vs Derby.

I think this, above all, is our most epic moment. OK it didn't win us an actual trophy, but in terms of fairytale stuff, it's the best. 3rd play-off final in a row (having lost so unjustly 2 years running), 7th trip to Wembley having lost the previous 6. Walshie being injured for most of the season and making only his second start since returning and scoring both, the winner with just a few minutes left. And it being against Derby to top it all off.

The iconic picture of him wheeling away towards the fans is one of the most famous pictures not just of the club, but of the City of Leicester.

I've seen the winner so many times I've got the commentary memorised.

I think this, above all, is our most epic moment. OK it didn't win us an actual trophy, but in terms of fairytale stuff, it's the best. 3rd play-off final in a row (having lost so unjustly 2 years running), 7th trip to Wembley having lost the previous 6. Walshie being injured for most of the season and making only his second start since returning and scoring both, the winner with just a few minutes left. And it being against Derby to top it all off.

The iconic picture of him wheeling away towards the fans is one of the most famous pictures not just of the club, but of the City of Leicester.

I've seen the winner so many times I've got the commentary memorised.

Exactly.

If we were to get a stature put up outside the ground (which we should) then it would be that photo of Walshy.

It's got to be either Claridge v Palace or Walsh v Derby from my knowledge.

Best that I've attended, Howard v Leeds, Clemence v Forest.

Howard vs Leeds is a good shout and it'll probably make it into the top 10.

Basically sent us up and with it being against Leeds with us being the biggest two clubs in the division made it all the more sweeter.

Any other League 1 moments? Gradel vs MK Dons?

Howard vs Leeds is a good shout and it'll probably make it into the top 10.

Basically sent us up and with it being against Leeds with us being the biggest two clubs in the division made it all the more sweeter.

Any other League 1 moments? Gradel vs MK Dons?

Speaking as someone who missed out on a lot of the bigger moments in the history of the club, both of those are pretty special to me. I guess, on an unrelated note, coming out of administration was pretty significant as well.

Seriously? I know we've been starved of success over the past decade but a last minute goal vs Mk dons in league one wouldn't even be in the top 100 for me.

What about an equaliser? ;)

Well I misread that didn't I. :doh:

Of the modern era the greatest has to be Claridge's goal against Palace, just the most amazing piece of drama.

Good shout for Tony James last minute goal to keep us up, anything else is before my time, but I know of stories such as Arthur Chandler and his 6 goals and 6 swans flying over, and Keith Weller's tights, but I don't know if they would be classed as great or just noteworthy, but hearing of these types of stories would be much more interesting than just re-telling recent history.

The most amazing moment in my memory was Steve Thompsons equaliser in the Swindon play off final.

We went utterly utterly crazy...

Heskey's equaliser against 'Boro in the final was probably the most mental I have ever gone. Totally undeserved as well, but I wouldn't have that or Thommo's equaliser in my top 10 greatest moments.

Heskey's equaliser against 'Boro in the final was probably the most mental I have ever gone. Totally undeserved as well, but I wouldn't have that or Thommo's equaliser in my top 10 greatest moments.

It certainly would be in mine. Along with the four nil? win in the Cambridge play off.

Rooster's winner at Blackburn was crazy too.

The most amazing moment in my memory was Steve Thompsons equaliser in the Swindon play off final.

We went utterly utterly crazy...

Got to be the best bitter-sweet moment ever. I still get a lump in my throat and go misty eyed when I watch this goal. The commentator sounded like he had just climaxed too...

Archived