Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

What has happened to the Atmosphere at the King Power?

I thought certain things the FB did were wrong. The group in hindsight was a mistake in itself - having a flag which said the groups name made it almost... cliquey? Is that the word? Basically if I hadn't heard anything about it and saw that, I'm not sure I'd have been in a hurry to join. In-fact having a name on the whole was a mistake, I think it arguably alienates people before you've even properly started.

I also think the rate of new songs was a mistake. Far too many at once and too many European ones which frankly no-one had heard. They'd have caught on in time IMO but not if you chuck loads of them at once.

Two key errors there for me but... I can't really criticise, I didn't consider either point when the group was forming.

I learnt a lot from the Fosse Boys actually - learnt a lot about the club's mentality and our fans' too, and it's safe to say the results were everything I wouldn't have hoped for.

The FB made mistakes but, no-one's come up with anything better since. What a surprise.

Agree that maybe we came on abit strong with new songs etc....but you have to name a group? Every group accross the country has a name i.e Green Brigade (Celtic) Stanley Ultras (Accrington) two off the top of my heads. We spent ages debating the name, as we wanted it to be unique to Leicester not something sad like Derby's Barmy Army.

How the group seemed cliquey to the outside is what puzzles me, we actively sought people to come and join with us if they wanted to stand and sing & support their team. Every time we were mentioned on here or anywhere else we'd always be inviting people. There was certainly no clique!

I agree with you we did make mistakes.....mistakes that can be learned from and one day maybe something could happen again.

The booing at half time was a disgrace

Bang on.

The team have given us home fans a lot of entertainment this season. One bad half and all of a sudden we can't cope and have to vent our spleen?

Dear me, just pathetic.

Bang on.

The team have given us home fans a lot of entertainment this season. One bad half and all of a sudden we can't cope and have to vent our spleen?

Dear me, just pathetic.

Maybe some fans really hate Barnsley and always boo them.

I don't know why but there was a sense as half time was coming some people were going to boo, I could feel, and I felt like booing too, I don't know why, I got caught up with the negatvity, and as half time whistle sounded I took a deep breath and was ready to boo, when I thought why am I booing, I'm not that big a twat, am I?

We have dominated the game and got caught by sloppy mistakes, again, but it was weird I just knew the boos were coming.

Did anyone else feel it?

I don't know why but there was a sense as half time was coming some people were going to boo, I could feel, and I felt like booing too, I don't know why, I got caught up with the negatvity, and as half time whistle sounded I took a deep breath and was ready to boo, when I thought why am I booing, I'm not that big a twat, am I?

We have dominated the game and got caught by sloppy mistakes, again, but it was weird I just knew the boos were coming.

Did anyone else feel it?

I just expect our fans to boo these days if we're losing at half time. Sad.

Did anyone else feel it?

I expected it. Doesn't make it any more bearable or acceptable.

If we were 4-0 down and not putting a tackle in then fine, I can understand it, but we'd given away two soft goals after a decent start. The cause was not lost and there was no real justification for the booing.

I really don't understand this attitude, it is not just you, but I have read it from quite a few others who don't go to many home matches because the atmosphere is crap, if all those that didn't go started going again then the atmosphere would pick up, surely.

Secondly what do you want from the club? Special prices for young single males? Do you want strippers on the concourse? I don't know what you expect from them, they put on a football match, pricing isn't great, but the young single male has more disposable income than older/married folks with kids.

I know that there were a few differences with the club over things like the Fosse boys and flags, but they allow Jobber and his drum, like it or not, they allow a large number of people to stand in L1 and at the back of the Kop, it is not the clubs fault the hundreds standing in L1 didn't sing anything yesterday, nor that despite the efforts of those at the back in the Kop no chants were really picked up by the rest.

And at the end of my row of seats working the laps :P

• 2 weeks later...

Atmosphere today was brilliant up until they scored then understandably it went quiet. A little disappointing that it didn't recover after that but I think most of us knew it was going to be one of those days and just couldn't see us getting back into it.

Archived