Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

The maths

We all would have said pre-season that we would take a play off place, but because we have been on top, we all would have liked to stay there, but it's our inability to hang on to such things that annoy me, for instance in the last few season we have been on the periphery of the play offs yet couldn't muster up the results to get there.

It seems to be the same again but with the top spots, yes we can sit here and say "well Cardiff lost to pboro" but they don't throw away as many needless points as we do, we simply must focus for 90mins, when we start badly we tend to slump for the rest of the game and end up conceding sloppy goals and wasting chance after chance.

I am a Pearson fan and I would take a play off position if it's what we had to settle for, but I just wish that for once we would stand up to teams like this, be ruthless, take chances, and take the points! Because that's what top teams do consistently.

The way we're playing atm we'll lucky to even make the playofffs! The one reason we're there now is due to the 5 game winning streak we went on. Take that out of the equation and our form is mid table at best.

So if you take away 15 points and 5 wins from our total, our standing and results wouldn't look so good? No shit, Sherlock.

If you look at our blips the season we finished 5th and they were much worse than our blips so far.

Drawing 2-2 with Barnsley and losing 1-0 away at Millwall is not losing 3-0 at home to Bristol City and losing 5-1 away at Forest.

The season still has time for a worse blip but it is never plain sailing. Every season we have been promoted there has been a time where it looked like we had no chance.

Take out the 5 wins on the bounce earlier in the season and look at the other 16 games we have only manage 22 pts at 1.37 per game.

The last 12 games have been D W L L D D W W L W D L we haven’t managed to be more consistent this year, what we have managed to do is put one good run of form together. Overall we are around the 1.67 pts per game mark which is why we are sliding the table.

Last year we finished with 66 & 1.43 pts per game, if we are going to mount a serious challenge we are going to have to a couple of runs together in the second part of the season.

I think we will make the play offs but will struggle to be in the mix for the top 2!

The last 12 games have been D W L L D D W W L W D L we haven’t managed to be more consistent this year, what we have managed to do is put one good run of form together. Overall we are around the 1.67 pts per game mark which is why we are sliding the table.

This is the most worrying for me. If this continues we will end up nowhere near the top 6.

Threads like this show how wrong people can be. Myself included.

I thought the Championship this season was going to be very strong, in terms of Blackburn, Wolves and Bolton in particular.

Actually, it's completely the opposite. No teams are obviously very strong. Even Cardiff, I think, are just a pretty average side.

Any team in the top half, should they string together a run of straight victories, could challenge. It's actually that tight.

This is the most worrying for me. If this continues we will end up nowhere near the top 6.

To be be fair we had a blip with the 4 games without a win if we can at least show the form we have in the last 6 games we should be ok as that would see around the 77 pt mark.

Take out the 5 wins on the bounce earlier in the season and look at the other 16 games we have only manage 22 pts at 1.37 per game.

Last year we finished with 66 & 1.43 pts per game, if we are going to mount a serious challenge we are going to have to a couple of runs together in the second part of the season.

I think we will make the play offs but will struggle to be in the mix for the top 2!

Why would we take out 5 wins on the bounce? Did it not happen?

Take out the other 16 games and only look at the 5 wins on the bounce and we average 3 pts per game. From my stats I'd say we'll be promoted by February.

Take out the other 16 games and only look at the 5 wins on the bounce and we average 3 pts per game. From my stats I'd say we'll be promoted by February.

Me too, but point stands we haven't be consistent enough as yet this year to mount a challenge for the top 2!

Archived