Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
uragomper

2 more players needed.

It is obvious now that we need probably 2 players if we are to make a push for automatic promotion.

My thoughts are not just from the millwall game for weeks i have been thinking this even when we hammer teams! i generally think we are a very talented side but there is something missing,maybe a midfielder a real hard tough tackling type, and a forward who can score goals for fun someone like Murray or Austin.

Waghorn is very talented but i think probably a season away from being prolific,Vardy it's obvious he needs more coaching and experience.

In conclusion if we don't sign 2 maybe 3 players to help this talented bunch we may have to wait until they develop a little more.

But can the owners and us fans have the patiences to wait?

I'm not sure we need Chris Wood.

Was having this conversation with my mates in the pub yesterday.

IF we get in another striker, we need somebody who is going to definitely command that first team spot, along with Nugent.

We don't need to sign another striker who, in a few weeks after Christmas, we will be asking whether we should play Wood, or Waggy or Vardy or big Futacs.

No... What we need to do is to sign that 2nd Striker who we KNOW (assuming he's fit) that he will play, week-in, week-out.

This might not be Chris Wood.

I thought we needed two extra player a few weeks back, now I think we need 4 if we want to have a run at a top two place.

A striker is the biggest priority.

We need a central midfielder in my opinion now also.

Add to that a centre half and a wide man.

I'm not sure we need Chris Wood.

Was having this conversation with my mates in the pub yesterday.

IF we get in another striker, we need somebody who is going to definitely command that first team spot, along with Nugent.

We don't need to sign another striker who, in a few weeks after Christmas, we will be asking whether we should play Wood, or Waggy or Vardy or big Futacs.

No... What we need to do is to sign that 2nd Striker who we KNOW (assuming he's fit) that he will play, week-in, week-out.

This might not be Chris Wood.

Agree with this completely.

Ever since I have been a city fan, we have always needed 2 more players !

Haha!! How very true!!

Agree with this completely and think it also applies to the center mid that we need. Any January signings need to be experienced, come straight into the team and have a fairly instant impact similar to Morgan last season. This almost certainly means dispensing with the 'young and hungry player' mantra that so many are obsessed with. If we seriously want to go for the automatic spots which are really there for the taking we cant afford to wait several months for another Man utd reserve to gain experience and bed in.

Ever since I have been a city fan, we have always needed 2 more players !

Too true. Signing players isn't the answer to everything, we have strong squad which isn't being fully utilised. We can't expect to win every week with the same players. Hopefully Marshall and James will start to get more of a run, personally i'd like to see Wellens have some involvement just for his experience. THe management need to react to this dip in form. Come on the blue boys!

I heard that the club Heskey signed for is going bust and he will be looking for a club again.

Heskey has height if we need to be more direct, he is fantastic at playing on the point and laying passes off to attacking midfielders, he is as experienced as you get and he would want to play for the club. He might score goals at this level too.

Of course, this all assumes he is still fit after his busman's holiday in Australia.

1 left back

1 central midfielder

1 striker

Gallagher, Danns, Beckford, Wellens and maybe Futacs should be sold.

I don't think we need another centre back either, I would be happy enough to see Michael Keane stay on until the end of the season maybe, but I think there is no need for Lingard, so when his loan spell finishes I doubt Pearson will extend his loan again, he probably extended it now because we would lack serious depth, come January we of course can sign new players, and with that in mind we can get in better quality than Jesse Lingard.

1 left back

1 central midfielder

1 striker

Gallagher, Danns, Beckford, Wellens and maybe Futacs should be sold.

I don't think we need another centre back either, I would be happy enough to see Michael Keane stay on until the end of the season maybe, but I think there is no need for Lingard, so when his loan spell finishes I doubt Pearson will extend his loan again, he probably extended it now because we would lack serious depth, come January we of course can sign new players, and with that in mind we can get in better quality than Jesse Lingard.

A winger as well in addition to the type of players you have mentioned.

Too true. Signing players isn't the answer to everything, we have strong squad which isn't being fully utilised. We can't expect to win every week with the same players. Hopefully Marshall and James will start to get more of a run, personally i'd like to see Wellens have some involvement just for his experience. THe management need to react to this dip in form. Come on the blue boys!

I don`t see James as being any different to King and Drinkwater though.

In fact, although we`ve not seen a great deal of him so far, from what we have seen, he is not looked as good as King or Drinkwater, in my opinion..

What we need is a midfielder who can scrap away, when the game gets ugly.

I don`t see James being that man.

As for Wellens, while i can see where your coming from, in terms of adding some experience to the team, i just think that Wellens would slow down the way we play, and we have always looked better this season playing at a high tempo.

A winger as well in addition to the type of players you have mentioned.

Tbh I think Marshall, Knockaert and Dyer are good enough options, if we get a new left-back, central midfielder and a striker, plus a winger as you say, some good players won't feature on the bench, wouldn't be surprised if we made signings in all those areas, James, Marshall/Dyer, Vardy and Schlupp won't feature on the bench week in week out.

I don`t see James as being any different to King and Drinkwater though.

In fact, although we`ve not seen a great deal of him so far, from what we have seen, he is not looked as good as King or Drinkwater, in my opinion..

What we need is a midfielder who can scrap away, when the game gets ugly.

I don`t see James being that man.

As for Wellens, while i can see where your coming from, in terms of adding some experience to the team, i just think that Wellens would slow down the way we play, and we have always looked better this season playing at a high tempo.

James is no different to those players as you say, at home I have liked the look of Matty James, he works hard and does the unspectacular things very well, he actually does get stuck in, he is a great passer and has a great understanding especially with Drinkwater. My problem with James is his form away from home, in all the away games he has featured in he has been pretty poor.

We have another midfielder in Danns. He will come back in January and Pearson may just give him another chance. I do however think its the end for Beckford, Gallagher and Wellens.

Danns isn't good enough, Drinkwater, King and James have been good enough this season; however I still think we need a new central midfielder, but Danns isn't the answer. He is similar to Drinkwater, but probably with a bit more toughness and energy, but he still gets knocked off the ball quite often and his passing isn't good enough.

We need Midfielder that hasn't mastered the art of disappearing.....

We need someone who just sits there, and breaks up attacks, and is a calm defensive influence. Someone of the Trotter, Olofinjana, Dikgacoi mould would be perfect.

Brad Friedel could be available. He would be a great signing alongside at least 1 strong midfielder. A lot has been made of our central midfielders, but I feel that the wide players are a bit lightweight and we could do with at least one stronger wide player in the team at any one time.

Brad Friedel could be available. He would be a great signing alongside at least 1 strong midfielder. A lot has been made of our central midfielders, but I feel that the wide players are a bit lightweight and we could do with at least one stronger wide player in the team at any one time.

Why do we need Freidel? Another journey man on big wages, haven't the last few seasons taught you anything.

Archived