Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
uragomper

2 more players needed.

It is obvious now that we need probably 2 players if we are to make a push for automatic promotion.

My thoughts are not just from the millwall game for weeks i have been thinking this even when we hammer teams! i generally think we are a very talented side but there is something missing,maybe a midfielder a real hard tough tackling type, and a forward who can score goals for fun someone like Murray or Austin.

Waghorn is very talented but i think probably a season away from being prolific,Vardy it's obvious he needs more coaching and experience.

In conclusion if we don't sign 2 maybe 3 players to help this talented bunch we may have to wait until they develop a little more.

But can the owners and us fans have the patiences to wait?

It's been blindingly obvious all season. When we were top I was saying that we needed 2-3 players.

We need someone we can stick in the middle of that god damn field that not only has a massive pair of bollucks, but has the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom....of a man

Get Josh Low back ASAP

If people think we need a new keeper we really do have problems!

I think we need a new keeper.

I don't know how much of a threat to Schmeichel's position Logan is and it wouldn't hurt him to have to play at his best to keep his place. Also, it would be good if he could be rested at times.

I don't know who we could get who would be not far away from Schmeichel and willing to sit on the bench in the Championship most games though.

I think we need a new keeper.

I don't know how much of a threat to Schmeichel's position Logan is and it wouldn't hurt him to have to play at his best to keep his place. Also, it would be good if he could be rested at times.

I don't know who we could get who would be not far away from Schmeichel and willing to sit on the bench in the Championship most games though.

I suppose you would need a rest, having to stand around in a small rectangle for 90 minutes a week. the physical toll on the body must be incredible. don't get me started on the psychological strain of having to concentrate for a full 90 minutes as well every single week.

We don't let many goals in, we create a load of chances, our problem is we just arn't deadly enough in front of goal. We need another striker of Nugents quality or better, our other strikers just arn't good enough. I'd go for Austin, sounds like he's available (my guess £8m ish January price). No doubt Danns and Beckford will off loaded, so not much to find.

We don't let many goals in, we create a load of chances, our problem is we just arn't deadly enough in front of goal. We need another striker of Nugents quality or better, our other strikers just arn't good enough. I'd go for Austin, sounds like he's available (my guess £8m ish January price). No doubt Danns and Beckford will off loaded, so not much to find.

+1

We'll be lucky to get a combined 1.5million for Danns and Beckford.

So only another 6.5million to find?

+1

+2 we need players to come in in Jan and make a massive impact not underwhelming squad players like Keane and Linguard

Are you lot on crack?! I can tell you now, we won't be going out and spending £8 MILLION POUNDS on a Championship striker in January, If we did, I would be absolutely disgusted. £8 million should buy you half a quality team in the Championship - we're not ****ing mental like Blackburn. They paid £8 million for Rhodes and he's scored 11 goals - that works out to around just over £725,000 a goal. Ludicrous. Instead of going out spunking cash on the top scorer in the Champiosnhip, we need to find a quality striker who will score goals but will come at the right price. Look at the top three scorers in the Championship - Austin, Ince and Murray; Austin joined for an undisclosed fee (rumoured to be around £1.5 million, Ince joined after Blackpool paid a nominal compensation fee (probably les than a million) and Murray came to Palace on a free transfer. My point is, we don't need to spend a fortune, or play catch up - there are players out there who can score goals in this league that won't break the bank, we just need to find them.

In any case, why on earth would Charlie Austin want to come here at the minute? Clubs at the lower end of the prem will be sniffing around in January for sure.

There is no doubt that we need a striker to take some of the pressure off nugent, yes connor wickham sounds interesting, we need a cm, someone strong who can get stuck in there knock people off the ball, and lb, not yet, but we will need cover for konchesky

Are you lot on crack?! I can tell you now, we won't be going out and spending £8 MILLION POUNDS on a Championship striker in January, If we did, I would be absolutely disgusted. £8 million should buy you half a quality team in the Championship - we're not ****ing mental like Blackburn. They paid £8 million for Rhodes and he's scored 11 goals - that works out to around just over £725,000 a goal. Ludicrous. Instead of going out spunking cash on the top scorer in the Champiosnhip, we need to find a quality striker who will score goals but will come at the right price. Look at the top three scorers in the Championship - Austin, Ince and Murray; Austin joined for an undisclosed fee (rumoured to be around £1.5 million, Ince joined after Blackpool paid a nominal compensation fee (probably les than a million) and Murray came to Palace on a free transfer. My point is, we don't need to spend a fortune, or play catch up - there are players out there who can score goals in this league that won't break the bank, we just need to find them.

In any case, why on earth would Charlie Austin want to come here at the minute? Clubs at the lower end of the prem will be sniffing around in January for sure.

Make you're mind up!, one minute £8m's too much for a Championship player, then you say he's too good for us and will be signed by a Premier team.

The whole Striker thing, for me, is quite clear.

Nugent is our main striker. He has consistently scored enough goals to realistically play in any Championship team.

Then, there's Waggy, Futacs, Vardy and some of the kids.....

Waggy looks to be the best of these, and looks to be able to develop a partnership with Nugent.

The question to ask, I think, is this.... Does it make financial sense to spend money NOW on getting in another proven striker? If 8 million is the figure banded about to get Austin, you could argue that that would be money well spent in terms of promotion.

However, look at Blackburn... They spent a Kings ransom on Rhodes who, to be fair, has scored goals. But they are a MILE away from looking like a side who will get promoted. So you could strongly argue that's been a lot of money down the pan.

What I think is this. Shoot me down in flames if you so wish. I suggest that we DON'T get another striker in. For me, the problem is and has been for a long time, with the midfield. We don't have a strong enough midfield, week-in, week-out to control games and to provide those up top with sufficient ammo to score goals consistently. Nugent is an enigma... He makes and takes his own goals.

I feel we need to strengthen the midfield, in terms of both steel and creativity. Do this, and I think the goals will come with the personnel we already have up front.

I can't help thinking we will go out and sign another striker who joins the club and immediately has a dry spell because the lack of good service, service in the form of an assist for a goal, won't be there often enough.

To simply sign another striker, and not to strengthen the midfield will, for me anyway, be like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. Metaphorically speaking.

Who's saying we should spend £8 mill on Austin.

Flaming ridiculous, wouldn't go anywhere near that price, plus he will probably be off to the Premier League.

Be realistic guys.

Being realistic £8 million is about right for Austin. Southampton purchased Jay Rodriguez for £6 million.

However the price was stupid when you look at Ibra going for £17 million?

Archived