Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Benefits of arriving early....

Get something to drink - go to the pub, drink at home for free, bring your own.

Watch televised match downstairs - People do have Sky, watch football focus or yet again stay at the pub

I stay on here until the lines ups are announced, give my view then leave for the football at about 2.25-2.30, then get there for 2.45 or 2.50.

Easy!

So why are you so upset about this offer then, if you weren't going to be there at that time anyway?

Get something to drink - go to the pub, drink at home for free, bring your own.

Watch televised match downstairs - People do have Sky, watch football focus or yet again stay at the pub

I stay on here until the lines ups are announced, give my view then leave for the football at about 2.25-2.30, then get there for 2.45 or 2.50.

Easy!

I have Sky Sports at home and I could bring my own drinks (As I've said earlier the pub isn't an option for me, I'm not old enough to drink and no one I go with would particularly want to). But to say it's sad to arrive at that time when all you're doing is posting on Foxes Talk and doing exactly the same thing as me at a different location is a bit over the top isn't it?

I'll just refer back to my initial post on the first page, some people can't set off at that time. What Mark said, I agreed with, and I can relate to that. We arn't all the same, and I personally would rather be at the ground instead of sitting on here until half past two.

Yes people leave at different times to others, but for people living far away, they don't have to turn up at 1.30-2.00 every week. I just can't see the point in turning up 1 hour and 30 mins early for a football game, there is literally no point.

So why are you so upset about this offer then, if you weren't going to be there at that time anyway?

I just think it's pointless, if you want a hot drink bring your own, will taste much better, and will be warmer in a flask. Also how is a soft drink going to warm people up. Plus these 2,000 free drinks makes people look poor.

Yes people leave at different times to others, but for people living far away, they don't have to turn up at 1.30-2.00 every week. I just can't see the point in turning up 1 hour and 30 mins early for a football game, there is literally no point.

It doesn't sound like you've ever done it.

This is 'Danny Drinkwater is shit' all over again.

I have Sky Sports at home and I could bring my own drinks (As I've said earlier the pub isn't an option for me, I'm not old enough to drink and no one I go with would particularly want to). But to say it's sad to arrive at that time when all you're doing is posting on Foxes Talk and doing exactly the same thing as me at a different location is a bit over the top isn't it?

I don't post on Foxes Talk, I do other things as well. Get ready and watch the football on Sky. Only put a few comments on here before match day, will give 1 or 2 views on the match thread then go to the match. Also in weather like this, I don't know how people can sit/stand around for 1 hour 30 mins, pointless at this time of year.

I just think it's pointless, if you want a hot drink bring your own, will taste much better, and will be warmer in a flask. Also how is a soft drink going to warm people up. Plus these 2,000 free drinks makes people look poor.

Why if it's free? It's an offer you wouldn't normally get so take it up.

2,000 free drinks makes people look poor? They aren't nicking it from the canteen, it's an offer set by the club.

Why if it's free? It's an offer you wouldn't normally get so take it up.

2,000 free drinks makes people look poor? They aren't nicking it from the canteen, it's an offer set by the club.

Could put on these free drinks for better use.

Anyway this ridiculous now, so I am shutting up.

Plus these 2,000 free drinks makes people look poor.

How so?

Unless you're really, really paranoid about looking poor you wouldn't think that. I don't see what your problem is, are you genuinley going to look for people taking up the free drink they've been offered and think 'wow, how poor must that guy be to accept a free drink they've been offered by the football club', now that is sad.

Could put on these free drinks for better use.

Anyway this ridiculous now, so I am shutting up.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Only Foxestalk could turn a club giving 2000 free drinks away into a massive drama with conspiracy and ulterior motives. Jesus people. Lighten up its christmas!

Kingfox, I don't seem to disagree with you that much, but I don't know what you're argument is. The club have offered us something decent for once, can't argue with it, especially considering the prices. If you're not in the ground then ok, but people will be and can take advantage of the offer.

lol oh right, now I understand, completely agree with your points.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Only Foxestalk could turn a club giving 2000 free drinks away into a massive drama with conspiracy and ulterior motives. Jesus people. Lighten up its christmas!

Doesn't feel like Christmas though Larry, this weather is depressing.

Kingfox, I don't seem to disagree with you that much, but I don't know what you're argument is. The club have offered us something decent for once, can't argue with it, especially considering the prices. If you're not in the ground then ok, but people will be and can take advantage of the offer.

No problem, it's more of a thing turning up at 1.30-2.00 which I seem pointless, plus it's better if people brought their own drinks, who would want to drink the shit they have at football grounds, after the bottom of the cup doesn't look very nice.

i survived the end of the world and now this. What a day! :):P

You might fall down your stairs later, so don't count your chickens just yet ;)

lol oh right, now I understand, completely agree with your points.

You never agree with anything I say, so I couldn't give a shit what you think tbh.

You never agree with anything I say, so I couldn't give a shit what you think tbh.

I've got nothing against you, I just disagree with a lot of your points and the way you put them across. Also how you seem to feel anyone that disagrees with you is wrong.

No problem, it's more of a thing turning up at 1.30-2.00 which I seem pointless, plus it's better if people brought their own drinks, who would want to drink the shit they have at football grounds, after the bottom of the cup doesn't look very nice.

I'll probably get there early and I'll be having a tango. I'd be bringing in a Fanta instead of a similar free drink. It's a couple of thousand free drinks, I don't know why you've decided to turn this into a giant ****ing argument.

Doesn't feel like Christmas though Larry, this weather is depressing.

You might fall down your stairs later, so don't count your chickens just yet ;)

haha but you're hoping I don't. Right?

I'll probably get there early and I'll be having a tango. I'd be bringing in a Fanta instead of a similar free drink. It's a couple of thousand free drinks, I don't know why you've decided to turn this into a giant ****ing argument.

You said before that you have nothing better to do half the time. So what better way to spend a Friday night than arguing with your love/hate friend on Foxes Talk.

I've got nothing against you, I just disagree with a lot of your points and the way you put them across. Also how you seem to feel anyone that disagrees with you is wrong.

It's called opinions like Bert says.

You said before that you have nothing better to do half the time. So what better way to spend a Friday night than arguing with your love/hate friend on Foxes Talk.

Don't flatter yourself.

haha but you're hoping I don't. Right?

Totally; however you never know what may happen.

Might fall down the stairs, slip in the bath/shower, get attacked by Bernie who just happens to knock on your door tonight for a free drink.

I'm amazed, literally amazed at how long and daft this thread has become.

:crylaugh: And I'm p*ssing myself at the thought of people kicking off at the poor s*ds in the kiosks when they say sorry tabs gone after about 10 pints sold. Somehow feel it won't be the clever marketing ploy they think it is

:beer:

Archived