Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

How Many Players Do We Need

Who would you want us to get at left-back, because that's a problem we have been struggling with this season, but I can't see who we can get in that position.

I can only really name three, Jack Robinson yet he may be too young, Ian Harte has hardly played for Reading yet he is too old like Konchesky, or Danny Grainger who I have been impressed with at Hearts, but is it worth taking a punt on another SPL player?

Also why do you think we need another winger, surely Ben Marshall will be more out of favour then, do we really want that to happen?

LB is a tough one for me there aren't many good up and coming LB's about I quite like Aaron Cresswell from Ipswich but if you asked me to pick between him and Schlupp, I'd rather get Schlupp regularly playing at LB as I think he would become a very, very good player in that position. I reckon it will be another Steve Walsh special where he picks a player that is under the radar.

As for a winger Dyer's 30 now and his key attribute that makes him dangerous is his pace, once that goes he's finished as a player. We've only got 3 wingers and they are very inconsistent. Plus I really think both Knockaert and Marshall are better players in a central position rather than out wide.

We need a target man to get on the end of the crosses we put into the box to pair Nugent because neither Waghorn or Vardy are consistent enough.

We also need (as i've said in my own previous thread) a tough tackling midfielder to add some strength to the side and help break down sides that play stubbornly.

Konchesky was dire today and Schlupp should be given a run in the side as LB again as opposed to bringing in a new LB.

LB is a tough one for me there aren't many good up and coming LB's about I quite like Aaron Cresswell from Ipswich but if you asked me to pick between him and Schlupp, I'd rather get Schlupp regularly playing at LB as I think he would become a very, very good player in that position. I reckon it will be another Steve Walsh special where he picks a player that is under the radar.

As for a winger Dyer's 30 now and his key attribute that makes him dangerous is his pace, once that goes he's finished as a player. We've only got 3 wingers and they are very inconsistent. Plus I really think both Knockaert and Marshall are better players in a central position rather than out wide.

It is a tough one isn't it, left-back is a funny position. I would really like Pearson to monitor and Walsh to scout Grainger of Hearts, the guy's left foot is lethal, loves to get forward, has a cracking shot on him, and is good at set pieces, but I am never sure when it comes to SPL players, how good would he be defensively in a league like the Championship. Aaron Cresswell is a good shout, a good young up and coming player who was voted player or fans player of the year at Ipswich last season.

Wingers though, I can see the point of them being inconsistent, but if we get another one, one of Dyer or Marshall will most likely get pushed out of the side altogether, and not be even on the bench some weeks.

Perhaps it is not players we need, but a plan b, as I've seen other members notably pick up on. The players are fine and have actually shown more love and hunger to play for Leicester than some other no-marks in previous seasons. The players we have are hungry and much more enthusiastic and driven, which I suppose comes from the majority of players being young as well as coming from teams who have that winning mentality instilled in to them from an even younger age.

We don't know how to handle teams who decide to play more physical and bruising than us. We play football more towards the beautiful end of the scale; and are extremely far from the battling, bustling, bruising scale. And in this league, that, as we have seen in past weeks and matches, is a very very big problem which needs to be sorted out fairly quickly if we want to get our act together and keep ourselves in contention.

Three players and not an LB - Schlupp can play there. I'd go for Alex Baptiste (who I really have this sneeky feeling could be coming here), Liam Trotter and then someone reckons Frazier Campbell on Bentleys Roof - they'd all do me !!

I'd certainly have him there ahead of Konch now ..... we have lost our way since he was dropped. He's not injured is he??

CB - Baptiste from Blackpool.

LB - I don't have a clue.

CM - Trotter, N'Daw, Pratley etc

Striker - Darius Henderson, Chris Wood. Etc

Our strength is footballing - Crisp, fast passing - when we can do it, no one can live with us... we need to sign players to make sure we can do it on a more consistent basis and not get drawn down to the level of Millwall, Leeds etc who will 'out-spoil' us everyday of the week.

I've seen nothing in a single one of these "Who we must sign" threads that will allow us to play better to our strength, most of the signings mentioned in this thread would have fitted NP's first tenure-ship, when he played a way to suit the players at his disposal and budget available, but they'd change the way we now play for the worst - and massively so

Leicester City to Hoofers United in the blink of a mid-season transfer window.

Then the exact same people will be creating threads about us lumping the ball up to big players like Henderson & Wood.

Total joke. as this forum goes from cluelessness to whole new levels of clulessness.

Schlupp should be our first choice LB - breaking with pace, linking up with even more pace in the form of Dyer, it's no surprise our biggest attacking threat according to the stats (left wing) has been nullified with Konchesky's return to the first team - I'm hopeful NP is only playing him so he can sell him in January. We'll always struggle to win games with him in the team, he will be caught for pace in every single game, potentially leading to a goal a game against and he offers less than nothin in attack with his hoofing as soon as he gets near the halfway line.

Whitbread isn't a patch on Morgan, if SSL is going to be out for a while we need a new 1st team CB and as soon as possible in the window, if we leave it until deadline day we'll be too far adrift for a new arrival to have any point.

Midfield is a difficult one, I think we need to utilise it more, rotating James through the mid-2 to keep everyone fresh, Drinky looked tired in the last half hour yesterday... when our games get spoiled by the likes of Leeds we go long and miss the midfield out, we did this when we got desperate yesterday and everything that was good about our game when we had Cardiff on the rack disappeared because we didn't use the midfield we had. If we are to sign to someone in the mid, we definitely need it to be a dynamic player in the mould of Drinkwater, but an improvement will be hard to come by, because a) Drinky is good so an improvement would be costly so unless we can get the likes of Beckford, Danns & Konchesky off the books we probably wouldn't have room under FFP ceiling.

Forward line. Again very difficult to actually improve on what we have and not just be filling the squad out with another championship forward.

Vardy is key to our good performances, his dynamism, hardwork makes stuff happen. He links with the midfield well allowing us to attack in numbers, he links with widemen well bringing them into the game and the team is a lot better with him on the pitch than we are when he's not. His performances deserve more goals but he's just not getting the rub with another great header hitting the bar yesterday. Waghorn at his best was a great replacement for Vardy he pulled defences all over the place but again could get the rub in front of goal and the post is like a magnet to his shooting.

Options open to us are to persist with them, it's impossible for that to continue, surely? We need to stop resorting to a long game by either being reduced to it by the Leeds of this world, or through desperation when a goal doesn't come in the first 15mins... Play our almost 'total football' through to the end

Sign someone, but the people mentioned are laughable and would ruin the way the other 10 players play

Change our system, play either a 4411 with someone like Knockaert or Marshall to play through balls to a front man, generally Nugent

RDL - Morgan - CB - Schlupp

Marshall - King - Drinky - Dyer

Knockaert

Nugent

or obviously make more of our dominance of possession in the final third and play a 4231

King - Drinkwater

Marshall - Knockaert - Dyer

Nugent

People really need to step away from most of the cloggers mentioned, combatitive midfielders and big men up front... it's like stepping back in time, unless we go the whole hog and do it to success like Stoke. I didn't see Swansea, Reading, QPR, Southampton or anyone else who got promoted by playing football throw it all out the window, they just improved on what they were already doing well, they signed players who enabled them to play the better parts of their game, even better.

Our strength is footballing - Crisp, fast passing - when we can do it, no one can live with us... we need to sign players to make sure we can do it on a more consistent basis and not get drawn down to the level of Millwall, Leeds etc who will 'out-spoil' us everyday of the week.

I've seen nothing in a single one of these "Who we must sign" threads that will allow us to play better to our strength, most of the signings mentioned in this thread would have fitted NP's first tenure-ship, when he played a way to suit the players at his disposal and budget available, but they'd change the way we now play for the worst - and massively so

Leicester City to Hoofers United in the blink of a mid-season transfer window.

Then the exact same people will be creating threads about us lumping the ball up to big players like Henderson & Wood.

Total joke. as this forum goes from cluelessness to whole new levels of clulessness.

Schlupp should be our first choice LB - breaking with pace, linking up with even more pace in the form of Dyer, it's no surprise our biggest attacking threat according to the stats (left wing) has been nullified with Konchesky's return to the first team - I'm hopeful NP is only playing him so he can sell him in January. We'll always struggle to win games with him in the team, he will be caught for pace in every single game, potentially leading to a goal a game against and he offers less than nothin in attack with his hoofing as soon as he gets near the halfway line.

Whitbread isn't a patch on Morgan, if SSL is going to be out for a while we need a new 1st team CB and as soon as possible in the window, if we leave it until deadline day we'll be too far adrift for a new arrival to have any point.

Midfield is a difficult one, I think we need to utilise it more, rotating James through the mid-2 to keep everyone fresh, Drinky looked tired in the last half hour yesterday... when our games get spoiled by the likes of Leeds we go long and miss the midfield out, we did this when we got desperate yesterday and everything that was good about our game when we had Cardiff on the rack disappeared because we didn't use the midfield we had. If we are to sign to someone in the mid, we definitely need it to be a dynamic player in the mould of Drinkwater, but an improvement will be hard to come by, because a) Drinky is good so an improvement would be costly so unless we can get the likes of Beckford, Danns & Konchesky off the books we probably wouldn't have room under FFP ceiling.

Forward line. Again very difficult to actually improve on what we have and not just be filling the squad out with another championship forward.

Vardy is key to our good performances, his dynamism, hardwork makes stuff happen. He links with the midfield well allowing us to attack in numbers, he links with widemen well bringing them into the game and the team is a lot better with him on the pitch than we are when he's not. His performances deserve more goals but he's just not getting the rub with another great header hitting the bar yesterday. Waghorn at his best was a great replacement for Vardy he pulled defences all over the place but again could get the rub in front of goal and the post is like a magnet to his shooting.

Options open to us are to persist with them, it's impossible for that to continue, surely? We need to stop resorting to a long game by either being reduced to it by the Leeds of this world, or through desperation when a goal doesn't come in the first 15mins... Play our almost 'total football' through to the end

Sign someone, but the people mentioned are laughable and would ruin the way the other 10 players play

Change our system, play either a 4411 with someone like Knockaert or Marshall to play through balls to a front man, generally Nugent

Marshall - King - Drinky - Dyer

Knockaert

Nugent

or obviously make more of our dominance of possession in the final third and play a 4231

King - Drinkwater

Marshall - Knockaert - Dyer

Nugent

People really need to step away from most of the cloggers mentioned, combatitive midfielders and big men up front... it's like stepping back in time, unless we go the whole hog and do it to success like Stoke. I didn't see Swansea, Reading, QPR, Southampton or anyone else who got promoted by playing football throw it all out the window, they just improved on what they were already doing well, they signed players who enabled them to play the better parts of their game, even better.

That's like a fookin essay...

I stopped reading after the first 100 words.

cc_star you need to realize that NP is a 4-4-2 man hence we aint going to play this free flowing football the likes of Knockaert and Marshall will relish because he is too f**king predictable imo, you only have too look at the results and performances recently too see that.

2 first teamers

Whitbread is a 50p head with aimless lofted headers & hoofer with aimless lofted passes, he make weak deicions total liability, Morgan needs a partner and we need it in January.

Nugent+Vardy function really well together, both are a great benefit to the team too linking up well, but something is wrong in front of goal - we took another side to the cleaners for the bulk of yet another match & didn't win because we didn't score when we were creating chances. So that needs looking at too.

Other than that I'd **** Konchesky off quicker than you can say "hoof" yet another shocker, too slow at the back & going forwards he hoofs it as soon as he reaches the halfway line. Shclupp MUST start

Whitbread & Konchesky aimless hoofs don't fit in with our team, the midfield and left is all about pace, the right is all about one-touch but when the ball just come flying over them aimlessly to no one who isn't going to win a header we just concede possession and invite an opposition counter-attack.

So for me, two players to be better able to look at the top 2.

Fairly sound post - if you bring in too many players you unbalance the team. Given the ridiculous prices of player in the Jan window (and the fact no one's going to let their form players go mid-season) I'd prefer a couple of good loanees in the Tom Cleverly/Mark Davies mould, to see us through to the end of the season and then make our purchases then when we know the lay of the land.

The left back position is a weakness. Then we have a need for 2 goal scorers. By far the greater need is a goal scorer. There have been excellent changes to the team none more than Danny Drinkwater, Anthony Knochaert and Richie De Laet. Wes Morgan is such a better central defender than any for a long time. The instinct to pass along the back now needs packing in. Also, to always look for a player running in front of the player on the ball would be good ! Ben Marshall can achieve alot at Leicester. Let's give him a place.

There will be no major changes. This side is a work in progress.I have seen some of the most promising,precision passing at tempo from a City side this season than for a long time.The side does need improving.Shot conversion is clearly one area,at least one striker seems likely.

My other concern is depth of squad.NP has shown no inclination to use Wellens(since his injury)or Danns,yet loaned Lingard.

St Ledger's injury appears to be long term,That explained the other Man. U loanee. Both loans expire on 2nd Jan ,so I expect a CB and another midfielder.

Apparently we create more chances than any other Club in the division so for me the problem is up front putting these chances away.

How long have we been saying we need a player who can score 25/30 goals a season and take the chances as second nature?

You can have all the possession you like, create all the chances you like bt if you haven't got someone with the ability to score on a regular basis it all counts for nought.

Fact is, we're good enough, we were top for 9 games, that doesn't just happen! We lack a bit of strength, fight and resilience, we need a big, strong CDM to shield our defence but to also break up passing moves from the better sides we play. We have the best defensive record in the league, we were at one time this season one of only 2 teams to have not lost at home, we have had the second longest winning streak of any team in our league. Very few things need to be addressed IMO..

Archived