Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

How Many Players Do We Need

After today, we have too many players who are a liability in the side, and are currently not up to scratch.

Konchesky has been poor this season, Whitbread keeps on being a liability and Vardy doesn't seem good enough for this league yet. Also I don't think our back up is good enough, other teams have much better players to bring off the bench than us. Bringing on the likes of Vardy, Lingard, Futacs off from the bench doesn't really strike me with confidence.

I think some players need replacing after today, we need better quality because the likes of Konchesky and Whitbread are seriously lacking.

I'm not on about selling them, I don't want names on who we could bring in like other threads.

After today and recent losses, where do we need to change, what positions do we need to improve in?

We're fifth we don't need to improve anywhere.

If we would only be happy with automatic promotion, which wasn't the indication I got at the start of the season from most fans, then we might be aided by two or three additions, but we don't need anyone.

If we would only be happy with automatic promotion, which wasn't the indication I got at the start of the season from most fans, then we might be aided by two or three additions, but we don't need anyone.

So you would bring no players in. Really even with the depth as it is, and the way some players are performing recently.

So you would bring no players in. Really even with the depth as it is, and the way some players are performing recently.

I didn't say that, I said we didn't need to bring anyone in, because I would be content with us finishing fifth. If Pearson thinks players are available who will benefit us not just in the short term but in the long term as well, then I'll be happy with that, but it's ridiculous to paint this picture of us being absolutely dreadful and needing to replace several players when we're 5th in the Championship, a position we haven't reached for years.

I think we need two, possibly three. I'd say we need another centre-back, especially as Ledge is out for a while. I'd be delighted if we got Baptiste from Blackpool. I think him and Morgan would be a really good pairing.

Then I think it's obvious to say that we need a striker. Vardy for me, has been a bit of a scapegoat. I've said before I think it was wrong to put him straight into the firing line. I'd have eased him gently, not made him a starter straight away. To me, he has looked a little lacking, but it was a massive step up and he's still learning. I don't really have any suggestions on who to bring in. Would Chris Woods be the answer? Not too sure and I wouldn't be fussed either way on him really.

As for the third, ideally I'd like a ball winning midfielder. Someone who puts themselves about and adds some steel. I don't necessarily think we need one, but I think one would really improve and strengthen us.

Well we do. Even Pearson has admitted it else he wouldn't be looking to bring players in.

I didn't say that, I said we didn't need to bring anyone in, because I would be content with us finishing fifth. If Pearson thinks players are available who will benefit us not just in the short term but in the long term as well, then I'll be happy with that, but it's ridiculous to paint this picture of us being absolutely dreadful and needing to replace several players when we're 5th in the Championship, a position we haven't reached for years.

We reached the play-offs in 2009/2010, two years ago isn't years to me.

I am not saying were absolutely dreadful, as you can see in my post itself. I just think some players are not up to scratch at the moment, and we need better in those positions.

Are you really confident with Whitbread in the team every week, we have lost 5-6 games with him in the team.

While Konchesky isn't the player he was last season, is he Mark?

2 first teamers

Whitbread is a 50p head with aimless lofted headers & hoofer with aimless lofted passes, he make weak deicions total liability, Morgan needs a partner and we need it in January.

Nugent+Vardy function really well together, both are a great benefit to the team too linking up well, but something is wrong in front of goal - we took another side to the cleaners for the bulk of yet another match & didn't win because we didn't score when we were creating chances. So that needs looking at too.

Other than that I'd **** Konchesky off quicker than you can say "hoof" yet another shocker, too slow at the back & going forwards he hoofs it as soon as he reaches the halfway line. Shclupp MUST start

Whitbread & Konchesky aimless hoofs don't fit in with our team, the midfield and left is all about pace, the right is all about one-touch but when the ball just come flying over them aimlessly to no one who isn't going to win a header we just concede possession and invite an opposition counter-attack.

So for me, two players to be better able to look at the top 2.

After watching today. We need a right back to push rdl as he is average at best but will still get in the side everyweek.

A left back. Thats as bad as i have seen konchesky play. Seems really out of form or maybe hes past it.

A real man mountain in midfield. We are to light weight.

An a goal poacher. We need to take some of the numerous chances we are making. Then it might not matter so much when we concede. If we are already 3 up.

Does anyone else actually know what the word 'need' means?

I'm starting to doubt it.

Well, we need a left full back. Konchesky isn't good enough and we have nobody to challenge him for his position, apart from one of our strikers, Schlupp.

A LB, a strong CM, and a striker to play alongside Nugent. Perhaps another CB too but the other positions would be the priorities for me.

We need players to make a proper challenge for the automatic places and to sustain our play-off challenge. We're stuttering at the moment.

I think we could achieve automatic promotion if we signed 5 new players 1 of each at centre back, left back, centre mid, winger and a striker. BUT we won't sign 5 and I think playoffs is a solid, realistic goal for us this season. I think we will strengthen with a striker, centre back and possibly a winger.

CB - If you look at when our form dipped it was 10 weeks ago after Sean St Ledger got injured. Wes and Ledge were massive at the back for us and were building a very, very good partnership for this league. As has already been said Whitbread is an absolute ****ing liability and honestly would like it if he left the club (but he won't). Moore is a prospect but young and is good squad depth at rb and cb. We need someone like Baptiste who is not only defensively sound but is also comfortable with the ball.

LB - I feel like age is finally catching up with Konchesky, he's been a consummate pro while at the club and is somewhat of a fans favourite but its clear at his age that his performances are on the decline and his lack of pace is beginning to show. He's not bombing forward like last season and I think Pearson will address this in the summer.

CM - I've been quite vocal about how our current midfield is quite lightweight. We are dying out for an athletic, strong, combative, defensive minded central midfielder. A player along the lines of Tongo Doumbia from Wolves, Frimpong, Trotter etc. There are games in this league where teams will try and bully you (Leeds, Millwall, Cardiff to name a few) and this is when we are crying out for a player to stamp his authority in the middle and dominate and allow the more creative midfielder (Drinkwater, King, Lingard) to attack.

Winger - We need another winger to compliment Knockaert, Marshall and Dyer. I would like to see someone come in like Matt Phillips, Bakary Sako or Albert Adomah.

Striker - We need a poacher plain and simple. Someone who only needs 1 or 2 chances in a game to convert a goal. I have no idea who but a younger player in the mould of Kevin Phillips would be perfect. Names that spring to mind are Fraizer Campbell, Simon Cox, Billy Sharp, Adam Le Fondre.

I think we could achieve automatic promotion if we signed 5 new players 1 of each at centre back, left back, centre mid, winger and a striker. BUT we won't sign 5 and I think playoffs is a solid, realistic goal for us this season. I think we will strengthen with a striker, centre back and possibly a winger.

LB - I feel like age is finally catching up with Konchesky, he's been a consummate pro while at the club and is somewhat of a fans favourite but its clear at his age that his performances are on the decline and his lack of pace is beginning to show. He's not bombing forward like last season and I think Pearson will address this in the summer.

Who would you want us to get at left-back, because that's a problem we have been struggling with this season, but I can't see who we can get in that position.

I can only really name three, Jack Robinson yet he may be too young, Ian Harte has hardly played for Reading yet he is too old like Konchesky, or Danny Grainger who I have been impressed with at Hearts, but is it worth taking a punt on another SPL player?

Also why do you think we need another winger, surely Ben Marshall will be more out of favour then, do we really want that to happen?

Archived