Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeArmston1994

Bring back Beckford and Danns

I love historical revisionism.

Not at all. You can go through my posts from last season if you like, I've always thought he was average at best and a complete liabilty at worst. Even during the period last season where many claim he was our best player, he was still giving the ball away left, right and centre, misplacing passes, giving away needless free kicks and this 'amazing' run culminated with him getting sent off and suspended for most of the remainder of the season.

But hey, let's not let the facts get in the way of your witty little comments.

Not at all. You can go through my posts from last season if you like, I've always thought he was average at best and a complete liabilty at worst. Even during the period last season where many claim he was our best player, he was still giving the ball away left, right and centre, misplacing passes, giving away needless free kicks and this 'amazing' run culminated with him getting sent off and suspended for most of the remainder of the season.

But hey, let's not let the facts get in the way of your witty little comments.

Danns was comfortably our best player for a long period untill he got that red, and was the only one of our midfield (or even strikers) to actually bother showing up. Our down turn in form afterwards seemed to coincide with his booking. But of course, because he got a red then he must be crap, but because only crap players get cards. :rolleyes:

Danns was comfortably our best player for a long period untill he got that red, and was the only one of our midfield (or even strikers) to actually bother showing up. Our down turn in form afterwards seemed to coincide with his booking. But of course, because he got a red then he must be crap, but because only crap players get cards. :rolleyes:

Did you miss the bit about always losing the ball, giving away needless free kicks and misplacing passes all the time? Funny how this period of him being our 'best player' coincided with us having a midfield ravaged by injuries and full of rubbish to the point where we had to play Sol Bamba in there.

I would bring Beckford and loan him out to a bottom half club if Huddersfield dont want to buy him. And as for Danns in the last three games he could of added some steel to the midfield which we've been missing I dont really want to see him leave but I dont think he'll play for us again.

To all the people saying Danns will add 'bite' or 'steel' to our midfield - can you please stop talking such vague cliches and explain exactly what he would bring to the team in terms of his game. Because I can't see it at the minute and I've never seen it in his time here.

He brings Energy, hustle and bustle and a bit of drive all of which I think we do miss. But as you point our he has several large flaws in his game. The amount of times he would hustle people and win the ball only to pass it straight back to the oppo was infuriating.

I would bring Beckford and loan him out to a bottom half club if Huddersfield dont want to buy him. And as for Danns in the last three games he could of added some steel to the midfield which we've been missing I dont really want to see him leave but I dont think he'll play for us again.

Huddersfield are a bottom half club.

Archived