Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeArmston1994

Bring back Beckford and Danns

Has Danns and Jermaine joined forces and created a Foxes Talk account?

I bet a few players probably read this forum regularly to be honest.

Bring Danns back, not bothered about Beckford and his bad attitude, Danns surely must be an improvement on our midfield at present. And if not why cant he be on the bench.

How do you know he'd want to be on the bench?

And you talk about historical revisionism?

Ok - in which case, who WAS our best player from Feb onwards? Nugent was off form for a long period, Kasper was never the same since the Chelsea game in march, our defense was not solid at all, and was shipping a fair amount of goals. King, Wellens Drinkwater etc. were a bit meh. In that period Danns was probably our best player, something that most people agreed with at the time. It's only since his bad start this season that people have started saying he's shit. Yet it's even more ridiculous coming from you, after you went on your Waghorn crusade and attacked anyone who spoke poorly of Waghorns form - criticising people for forgetting about the good stuff that he had done previously.

No, I don't think Danns is better than King or Drinkwater. But I think he is at about the same level as them, and he offers us something different. He probably wont be called back because Pearson clearly doesn't favour him, but to dismiss him as shit is absolutely ridculous.

Beckford isn't good enough to even get back on our bench. Danns could come in as a more defensive partner for Driny but I hope we can pick up a new defensive midfielder in Jan instead.

Beckford isn't good enough to even get back on our bench. Danns could come in as a more defensive partner for Driny but I hope we can pick up a new defensive midfielder in Jan instead.

We don't need anyone defensive.

We concede the fewest shots on goal in the whole division

We've conceded the fewest goals in the division

The absolute last thing we need is a defensive midfielder

But if we had a defensive midfielder, surely the goal we conceded on saturday would have been pesented because Bellamy was left unmarked and if we had a more defensive minded midfielder he would have seen him and marked him...

Wasting your breath cc, 'everyone' knows we need a defensive midfielder, Foxes Talk has spoken....

Out of it's arse as usual..

But if we had a defensive midfielder, surely the goal we conceded on saturday would have been pesented because Bellamy was left unmarked and if we had a more defensive minded midfielder he would have seen him and marked him...

The goal was scored from well inside our box by an ex premier league striker who everyone knows to be a real threat.

Where the fook were our centre backs?

Wouldn't you be tempted by the tank that is Tim Sparv?

A solitary goal aside the state prove there is nothing wrong with defensive side to our game and its not down to the keeper or anything because we concede the fewest shots, not just goals.

Replace one of our mids with a DM and we lose everything that is good, and what for? because we conceded a rare goal... would we really want to limit everything else about our game because of this rare (compared to every single other team) occurrence?

A solitary goal aside the state prove there is nothing wrong with defensive side to our game and its not down to the keeper or anything because we concede the fewest shots, not just goals.

Replace one of our mids with a DM and we lose everything that is good, and what for? because we conceded a rare goal... would we really want to limit everything else about our game because of this rare (compared to every single other team) occurrence?

Spot on!

I would add that we are prone to individual errors at the back, due I think to a lack of organisation and teamwork but this is far from our biggest issue.

The lack of anyone in front of King and Drinkwater is the issue, there is no one to tidy up when we clear our box and no one available to receive the ball when we play out of defence.

It has become worse in recent weeks as NFP has tried to make us more solid but has in fact just made us more rigid. The yawning space in front of King and Drinkwater and behind our strikers is just waiting for Knockaert or Marshall to get possession and orchestrate our attacks, we have seen that both of them CAN do it but they seem forbidden from doing so.

Our defensive fixations require them to stay wide and cover their full backs so our central pairing have to chase 80yds to support our strikers, then 80 yds back to cover the back 4, no wonder they look knackered.

Football is a game of opinions . . . mine is simply that Beckford and Danns are two of the best players at our Club. Its very sad that Pearson has not been able to manage them in such a way as to get the best out of them. If this was the case, both would be virtually automatic first choices every week.

Signing the likes of Vardy during the summer was nonsense. Likewise, King's performances have simply not merited him being in the starting line up most of this season; one poor performance from Danns against Burton and it appeared to give Pearson the perfect excuse to purposely isolate him from the 1st team squad but in the case of King . . . . . .

I also agree with previous posts in that the Nugent/Beckford partnership started to really work last season. Our best attacking performances this season have been with Nugent having Knockeart behind him (this is not utilised enough for me). If Pearson needs to sign another striker (or 2) during January, it says everything about his decision-making in the transfer market during the summer. Pearson will definately stay until at least the end of this season. However, in theory, if a new Manager was to arrive at our club right now, you would pretty much guarantee that they would recall both Beckford & Danns from their loans.

Sometimes this forum frustrates me. I'm a patient man but sometimes I can't help it...

If people are STILL wanting to see Jermaine fookin Beckford back at this football club after the season he had last term and the wages he is allegedly being paid... I just despair... I really do...

Flabbergasted doesn't quite cut it...

I don't think I've ever seen a player (except perhaps Akinbiyi) where the quality hasn't met the expectation as much as it has with Beckford.

And yet some still want him back?

HOWEVER, I don't think this of Danns. Given our current run of form, I see no reason why Danns couldn't be used as a sub option when King is beginning run out of energy. The Danns thing continues to worry me slightly in terms of the Pearson, stubbornness and 'his players' argument.

Football is a game of opinions . . . mine is simply that Beckford and Danns are two of the best players at our Club. Its very sad that Pearson has not been able to manage them in such a way as to get the best out of them. If this was the case, both would be virtually automatic first choices every week.

Signing the likes of Vardy during the summer was nonsense. Likewise, King's performances have simply not merited him being in the starting line up most of this season; one poor performance from Danns against Burton and it appeared to give Pearson the perfect excuse to purposely isolate him from the 1st team squad but in the case of King . . . . . .

I also agree with previous posts in that the Nugent/Beckford partnership started to really work last season. Our best attacking performances this season have been with Nugent having Knockeart behind him (this is not utilised enough for me). If Pearson needs to sign another striker (or 2) during January, it says everything about his decision-making in the transfer market during the summer. Pearson will definately stay until at least the end of this season. However, in theory, if a new Manager was to arrive at our club right now, you would pretty much guarantee that they would recall both Beckford & Danns from their loans.

If you think King has been poor this season and Beckford deserves another shot then I might finally have found a poster with the exact opposite views to me

Beckford scored 8 goals for us before 3rd March. Vardy has got 5.

What colour is the sky on your planet?

Really, How many league and cup games were they in. Would love to know how many league points we got from those games?.... Silence follows.

Archived