Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeArmston1994

Bring back Beckford and Danns

Times time, Drinkwater isnt strong enough in midfield and doesnt offer enough fight where as Danns will. Over the course of the season it has showed that Drinkwater cannot deal with midfielders who want to scrap all game long and this is where Danns will come into his element.

As for Beckford, we need him back because he can put the ball into the back of the net unlike Vardy! He may not run his bollocks off but he will get goals. Look at last season, When him and Nugent played together and actually gelled together they were dangerous but Pearson has his bloody favourites and needs to pull his head out of the clouds and realise Vardy needs to go on loan to a league 1 team to get expirence and bring Beckford back.

lol

Beckford has 0.23 goals per game this season, a notch less than Vardy. He does nothing for team performance unlike Vardy who makes a real difference. Vardy also has four assists whilst Beckford has a solitary assist.

There's no comparison, we have the better player & he's showing all the attributes that things could click for him better in front of goal too.

Danns? Possibly a worthy squad player, but when we're at our best he wouldn't be able to play that way, his passing is weak. And he's not really tough tackling either, he gives a lot of fouls away which means a lot of free kicks peppering our area. We're certainly much better without Danns in the 1st team, which is tough on the lad as he works hard

Having them both on the bench might liven up the guys on the pitch a bit though and you never know, they might hit the form they were supposed to be capable of when signed, whereas some of the lads like Drinks and Marshall don't seem to have anywhere else left to go this season - football managers have to take a chance rather than stay entrenched in their beliefs sometimes......it aint working at the moment so whats he got to lose???

Times time, Drinkwater isnt strong enough in midfield and doesnt offer enough fight where as Danns will. Over the course of the season it has showed that Drinkwater cannot deal with midfielders who want to scrap all game long and this is where Danns will come into his element.

As for Beckford, we need him back because he can put the ball into the back of the net unlike Vardy! He may not run his bollocks off but he will get goals. Look at last season, When him and Nugent played together and actually gelled together they were dangerous but Pearson has his bloody favourites and needs to pull his head out of the clouds and realise Vardy needs to go on loan to a league 1 team to get expirence and bring Beckford back.

And you think the negative impact on team spirit that would bring would help the squad? How much better have we been without JB than we were with him, plus the stats show that JV, whilst far from the finished article, brings more to the table than JB. I think you're naive if you dismiss team spirit in favour of supposed individual talent.

Don't see why everyone keeps suggesting that Danns is any stronger than Drinkwater and King. No doubt about it, Danns will try and scrap away, but I don't recall him being any stronger than Drinkwater or King.

And not the old 'Pearson plays his favourites' line. What do you expect him to do, not play the players that he signed?

Hate the fact that Beckford and Danns get a couple of goals for Huddersfield and Bristol City respectively, and people start suggesting we 'need' them. 'Its the DJ Campbell thing all over again' :yawn:

This forum is a joke. Shall we get Mills and Pantsil back too? How about Howard I wonder where he is nowadays.

We have an excellent squad full of quality players. They need time. They're human beings who by design will make mistakes. They will snap out of it and we'll start picking up points again.

I'm sick of talking about Beckford.

Ah, the famed favourites again.

Wellens is a favourite, Gallagher is a favourite, Weale was a favourite, Howard was a favourite. Where are all these players now? Gone or out of the picture.

The problem for me is the starting line up is starting to look quite predictable and it is starting to struggle.

While we seem to have options from the bench to liven it up, we don't actually use them. Are Schlupp, Futacs, James, et al up to the job of starting a game or coming on to change one?

If they are not, we have some experienced players already on the books or on loan who might make a difference. I am not concerned by the name of the individual, only whether they would make us more likely to win football matches.

If these players on the fringe are moved on and we buy able replacements then that is good too.

I just want to win games and I think we should use anything at our disposal to do that.

Neither of them did particularly well here, but it's no co-incidence that they're both doing relatively well at Huddersfield and Bristol City, respectively.They're good players. It's pretty simple, if they want to leave then let them. If not, then see if they've got anything more to offer after a consistent run of games at the same level.

Danns is bang average, certainly no better than Drinkwater or King. His passing, tackling, ball retention and general awareness are all terrible. The thing he's got going for him is that he's quite an energetic player, but that's about it. The only reason people think he's a physical player who can 'mix it up' is that he launches into clumsy challenges all the time which give away needless free kicks and get him numerous cards. The only times he's played for us this season he's looked god awful. Hardly setting the Championship alight at Bristol either. I'd rather have King and Drinkwater starting and have James on the bench, so IMO there's no place for him here.

Beckford doesn't want to be here. Even if you disregard the fact that Vardy - supposedly shit and out of his depth - has scored more goals than him this season, why would we want a player at the club who doesn't want to play for Leicester City? I'm sure that would do wonders for team spirit and morale.

Yes, we're in a bit of bad form at the minute but this squad has had us in the playoffs more or less for the entire season. Could we do with a bit of fresh blood? Probably, but Neil Danns and Jermaine Beckford are not the answer and the sooner we get them off of our books, the better.

Danns is bang average, certainly no better than Drinkwater or King. His passing, tackling, ball retention and general awareness are all terrible. The thing he's got going for him is that he's quite an energetic player, but that's about it. The only reason people think he's a physical player who can 'mix it up' is that he launches into clumsy challenges all the time which give away needless free kicks and get him numerous cards. The only times he's played for us this season he's looked god awful. Hardly setting the Championship alight at Bristol either. I'd rather have King and Drinkwater starting and have James on the bench, so IMO there's no place for him here.

Beckford doesn't want to be here. Even if you disregard the fact that Vardy - supposedly shit and out of his depth - has scored more goals than him this season, why would we want a player at the club who doesn't want to play for Leicester City? I'm sure that would do wonders for team spirit and morale.

Yes, we're in a bit of bad form at the minute but this squad has had us in the playoffs more or less for the entire season. Could we do with a bit of fresh blood? Probably, but Neil Danns and Jermaine Beckford are not the answer and the sooner we get them off of our books, the better.

Not much point replying, the original post is total bullshit... typifies this forum after a defeat

As for Beckford, we need him back because he can put the ball into the back of the net unlike Vardy!

Not true, as Babylon said earlier... it took Beckford until 4th March to score as many goals as Vardy already has and even in this season they've got the same goals per game ratio but what Vardy has lacked in goals he makes up for in team performances and assists.

Then he says Nugent & Beckford played well together... nothing could be further from the truth they played like total stangers, unlike any combination of Nugent/Vardy/Waghorn where any two from those three play like partners.

At the halfway stage of the season Nugent is just over halfway to scoring 20 goals... that would be the first time since Gary Lineker that that has happened...

with that in mind over all those years with NO forward scoring that many are we really EXPECTING two to do it in a single season? People's expectations seem to be removed from our reality and this is part of the reason frustration levels aren't proportional for our playoff position.

Danns does well at Bristol? So, we've seen him here and we saw a midfield that at the time was largely overran... as opposed to the midfield we have now - one that has assisted the team to concede the fewest shots on target in the whole division, (that's a fact which I know the idiots won't like because it completely disproves their point about a combative midfielder needed), he's the last thing we need and if he does well there, perhaps he's found his level... I remember him doing well at Palace when they were flirting with relegation too.

I love historical revisionism.

Archived