Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chazwaz

Chris Wood now on OS

That's the kind of striker the Nuge is though .... he does tend to be a peak and trough striker and the only way to get him to his purple patch is play him through the baron spells.

We definitely need strength in depth and 4-5 strikers that can really add to the side .... but Nuge would be 1st choice for me.

Agree completely. Teams rarely drop their top striker, especially when his goals tally significantly outweighs that of the next striker at the club. Nugent would be in my team every week. I'm hoping him and Wood can really kick us on.

Who's to even say Nugent is a guaranteed starter? Ok, he's scored 11 goals this season but his performances have been inconsistent, he looked worryingly off form at the beginning of the season and also seems to have gone off the boil last 3/4 matches. Let's not also forget that 7 of his goals came in 3 matches. We could do with a bit of competition and 4 strikers is an ideal number as it's the strikerforce is also the easiest position to rotate. Futacs will be leaving I reckon.

Is it a coincidence that Nuge has just come out sayng how well he's done this last year in his goalscoring, and how he intends to push on to get a good tally by the end of the season? Could be he sees his position as an automatic starter under threat now.

Liam Trotter@LiamTrotter6

Oh there u are mate, I'll be there shortly #lcfc

Imagine the tears if that comes true. lol lol

Trotter would be a good signing just for the pure entertainment value.

Agree completely. Teams rarely drop their top striker, especially when his goals tally significantly outweighs that of the next striker at the club. Nugent would be in my team every week. I'm hoping him and Wood can really kick us on.

Touche Col, thought might be Nuge & Vards but he needs more time and experience..... as impact sub now me thinks!

I must admit, I really want the story to break - whether we sign him or not - just to have a giggle at their forums.

I think he'd be an alright signing but I'm not convinced he'd make the difference between promotion or not. Could take or leave, really, but it'd certainly be hilarious to watch Millwall's little corner of the internet implode.

I must admit, I really want the story to break - whether we sign him or not - just to have a giggle at their forums.

I think he'd be an alright signing but I'm not convinced he'd make the difference between promotion or not. Could take or leave, really, but it'd certainly be hilarious to watch Millwall's little corner of the internet implode.

I think we'd have to get this picture out if it happened.

PearsonTroll.png

That's the kind of striker the Nuge is though .... he does tend to be a peak and trough striker and the only way to get him to his purple patch is play him through the baron spells.

We definitely need strength in depth and 4-5 strikers that can really add to the side .... but Nuge would be 1st choice for me.

I do agree but feel that there's nothing wrong with trying different starting combination when things aren't working or clicking at a certain stage. I for one certainly wouldn't use Nugent as a lone striker though and against Hull I would have gone with Waghorn up top.

Interesting comment in Neil Warnock's weekly column in the Independent: "It looks like I've missed out on Chris Wood - I just can't compete financially with Leicester City...". Clearly a lot of interest in signing Wood, so it's good to see LCFC have won his signature. Surprising Warnock says he doesn't have the money available to him, given Leeds have just been taken over with a view by their new owners, who reportedly paid £52million in cash for the club, saying "We want to take Leeds back where they belong."

Interesting comment in Neil Warnock's weekly column in the Independent: "It looks like I've missed out on Chris Wood - I just can't compete financially with Leicester City...". Clearly a lot of interest in signing Wood, so it's good to see LCFC have won his signature. Surprising Warnock says he doesn't have the money available to him, given Leeds have just been taken over with a view by their new owners, who reportedly paid £52million in cash for the club, saying "We want to take Leeds back where they belong."

It's a lame attempt by Warnock to try not get shafted in the January window by pretending they haven't got any money.

this signing has actually made my year! have always wanted us to sign Wood.

He's got a lot more to offer than what his build suggests. hes very mobile, has great feet and knows where the goal is. strong and the best part is hes only 21!

happy days!!!! :thumbup:

heres the next kiwi rising star we should look at

He's got a lot more to offer than what his build suggests. hes very mobile, has great feet and knows where the goal is. strong and the best part is hes only 21!

Being a Aussie and watching the A League a lot (improved a lot in the last year or so with Emilie Heskey and Del Peiro here) I was going to post a recommedation for Marcos Rojas as a future star. He is a very good prospect for at least a Championship team if not a premier League team. He will be a star. Shame he is a Kiwi not an Aussie!!

Had him in my fifa career , he was brilliant :P

And I have to say fans look brilliant there which is a shame.

Reading through Wood's tweets, he sounds like a really nice young man who wants to prove himself and succeed - just the sort that Pearson goes for.

Imagine a Nugent-Wood partnership in full flow!!

Really hope they click. They should do. They have similar attitudes to the game.

Yet at QPR you could sign Joey Barton on £80k a week.

Poor old Neil.

Archived