Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chazwaz

Chris Wood now on OS

Good news certainly a better striker than Waghorn and Vardy, so will be an automatic selection alongside Nugent.

Get another central midfielder and we are sorted.

That's not a given, is he the same sort of player as vardy or waghorn? Np Might feel in some games he is better off with waghorn or vardy playing a deeper role. Rather than have 2 up top and a big gap between midfield and strikers.

Haven't seen anything of him and his career goals to games ratio is only average. But if he can continue his Millwall form to us then no doubt he'll be an asset.

Bye bye Futacs?

8 in 22 starts

9 in 13 starts

3 in 12 starts

11 in 18 starts

Personally I think that's a bit above average for a Lad who has only just turned 21 to be fair. Especially as the majority were for teams in this league.

They were all for teams in 6 month periods. Constantly moving to new teams on loan and other parts of the country as well.

With time settled in one place you'd hope for an even better return.

We'll see, looking forward to seeing him play... Presuming he does!!!!

8 in 22 starts

9 in 13 starts

3 in 12 starts

11 in 18 starts

Personally I think that's a bit above average for a Lad who has only just turned 21 to be fair. Especially as the majority were for teams in this league.

They were all for teams in 6 month periods. Constantly moving to new teams on loan and other parts of the country as well.

With time settled in one place you'd hope for an even better return.

We'll see, looking forward to seeing him play... Presuming he does!!!!

It's way above average for a 21 year old ...... compare to Waggy's stats for the contrast!!!!!

Well the photo suggests that he's been around the club. That might be just for the contracting - although surely that'd be a the Stadium not the training ground? I don't know.

But maybe he's allowed to train with us between now and then. In which case he could start the Huddersfield game.

Another plus of this signing is that it is indicative of the owners not being itchy and close to sacking NP.

Well the photo suggests that he's been around the club. That might be just for the contracting - although surely that'd be a the Stadium not the training ground? I don't know.

But maybe he's allowed to train with us between now and then. In which case he could start the Huddersfield game.

Another plus of this signing is that it is indicative of the owners not being itchy and close to sacking NP.

Hope this is the case.

Hopefully the owners have looked at the progress we have made so far this season, and have taken into account the reduction of the wage bill and age of the squad.

Can anyone remember Susan Whelan claiming the owners wanted the club to become 'self-sufficient'? Maybe their first plan was the have a big spend for one season and use the finances from promotion to the premier league to self-sustain our club. As that didnt work maybe they are fully behind NP and clearly seeing he is helping the club self-sustain itself, and therefore are allowing him to spend more money.

Bringing in marshall, drinky, de laet, james, knocky, and now wood shows we are progressing as a club with quality young players full of potential and current ability.

I only hope nigel signs more players with the ability he has signed so far. People may have mixed opinions on the likes of whitbread and vardy. But one was a free transfer who has really not been that bad compared to players over the past few years, he has certainly been better than mills for example. Then there is vardy who was no doubt a risk, i think NP would agree aswell if he could, it is just unfortunate for us that NP wasnt here the season before to sign Le fondre.

The owners cannot get rid of him, when he was here the first time he was the one which lifted our expectations to what they are now, as a result of us getting in the play-offs. We got to watch the likes of davies, cleverly, spearing and hobbs in a city shirt, all great players who have showed their ability in the top flight (except hobbs who will be there one day).

And as much as they won't admit it, it was NP who has to be partly praised for why hull are where they are now. The rebuilding job he did there was undoubtedly similar to what he did here after our relegation, and also what he is trying to do here now. We need to give NP the chance to finally finish a job he as started.

8 in 22 starts

9 in 13 starts

3 in 12 starts

11 in 18 starts

or

9 in 31

11 in 29

3 in 19

11 in 19

Still good figures though considering he's being loaned out so regularly.

I'll wait and see before deciding that he's the answer and it proves the manager to be the new messiah.

I'm assuming we're getting more than just Wood and Baptiste.

Archived