Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

swap any championship player?

so with a starting 11 of

schmichael

de laet

morgan

st ledger

koncheskey

marshall

drinkwater

king

knockaert

nugent

wood

my personal 11 but obviously others would have a different side possibly including james, dyer, whitbread etc. as the title suggests would you swap any other player in the championship for one of ours? a couple of stand out names are saha and austin but i wouldnt have them or anybody else position for position than we already have.

so with a starting 11 of

schmichael

de laet

morgan

st ledger

koncheskey

marshall

drinkwater

king

knockaert

nugent

wood

my personal 11 but obviously others would have a different side possibly including james, dyer, whitbread etc. as the title suggests would you swap any other player in the championship for one of ours? a couple of stand out names are saha and austin but i wouldnt have them or anybody else position for position than we already have.

OUT: Drinkwater

IN: Whittingham

If you're asking how many of our players would be in a 'Best Championship Team' selection I'd probably only say Morgan and possibly Wood. But I think we've got a very strong team who obviously enjoy playing together and without seeing any other team week in and week out it's difficult to say. If you asked a lot of people (who weren't Reading fans) a couple of years ago they'd have said that Matt Mills was one of the best defenders in the Championship, something like this is just going to be based on who the media tell us are good and frankly rather than ending up with a Championship dream team which isn't far off what we had under Sven, I'd make no changes.

But as I say it seems a bit pointless when none of us see any of these players, other than our own, every week.

Probably would take Bellamy for our left hand side.

Have to say Zaha is pretty overrated IMO! He isn't much (if any) better than knocky. And on his day Marshall is at the same level as Zaha on his day

Agreed. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. The talk of £10million for him is ridiculous.

If you're asking how many of our players would be in a 'Best Championship Team' selection I'd probably only say Morgan and possibly Wood. But I think we've got a very strong team who obviously enjoy playing together and without seeing any other team week in and week out it's difficult to say. If you asked a lot of people (who weren't Reading fans) a couple of years ago they'd have said that Matt Mills was one of the best defenders in the Championship, something like this is just going to be based on who the media tell us are good and frankly rather than ending up with a Championship dream team which isn't far off what we had under Sven, I'd make no changes.

But as I say it seems a bit pointless when none of us see any of these players, other than our own, every week.

Sensible this.

From what I've seen I'd be amazed if anyone but Morgan makes the Championship XI, Strikers would be Murray and Austin without giving it any thought. Our midfield works well as a unit but be suprised if anyone of them would be considered the best in the Championship, maybe Knockaert if he had a succesful end to the season.

I apperciate how much people love Kasper but he's not the best keeper in the Championship.

If we had hands down the best XI in the league we'd be walking it especially considering the pile of shit that currently sits top of the table.

Not if I'd swap anyone

There's better keepers than Schmeichel, better left backs than Konchesky & so on

Bellamy is a hell of a player, Tom Ince will be too

But our players work together well and our team on its day is the best in the league, the players are generally still to come into their prime too, so will get better unlike many players who some might think are better presently.

Agreed. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. The talk of £10million for him is ridiculous.

All young English players seem to be overpriced look at Jordan Henderson when he went to Liverpool massively overpriced ;)

Have to say Zaha is pretty overrated IMO! He isn't much (if any) better than knocky. And on his day Marshall is at the same level as Zaha on his day

Marshall's day is about twice a season. Zaha is young and English so obviously he is going to be creamed over. He is a very good player at this level though. Marshall is nothing special.

This is why people look abroad for players these days. As soon as an English player looks half decent the press build them up to ridiculous levels.

If Knockaert was English you'd see similar price tags bandied around.

You said his 'day' was twice a season. That's all I have a problem with, because based on the year we've had him, that's clearly bullshit.

Ok sorry Nige

but how is he as good on his day as zaha is?

The players who I think are the leagues best in their position are...

Schmeichel

De Laet (Is there anyone better)

Morgan

Knockaert

I'd fill in the gaps like this; (I.e. If I was City manager and I was given the money and the assurance that they'd sign for me)

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Hudson Parr

Knockaert Whittingham Jedinak Ince

Beccio Austin

Three Cardiff players for me:

Marshall/dyer..... Whittingham

Kasper....Marshall

Whitbread.... Hudson

I think they'd be my only changes.

Whitbread wouldnt be playing if ssl was fit or pearson showed a bit of faith in moore.

As for hudson why all of a sudden is he rated so highly. Didn't struggle to cope with howard a few years back and score for us? Or is i confused?

Archived