Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevie Synex

Foxes Flag for Afghanistan

post-13719-0-28937400-1358358191_thumb.j

Evening All!

My Mother-in-Law was recently invited into Radio Leicester to talk about her efforts of providing parcels to the guys and gals currently out on duty in Afghanistan. Over the last couple of years she has sent out in excess of 2000 parcels, usually in the form of shoe boxes, to our troops on the frontline packed with goodies that remind them of home.

After her interview, which took place just before Christmas, she asked someone at Radio Leicester if there was any chance of a signed programme from the club as she had a specific person in mind who she wanted to send some LCFC memorabilia. The lass in question used to play for the Ladies team at the club and is currently out at Camp Bastion working as a dog handler.

The Mother-in-Law was pointed in the direction of somebody at RL, I suspect Stringer, who told her to leave it with him. Couple of weeks pass by and she receives nothing and then low and behold she gets a signed flag from all the lads arrive in the post today.

Just wanted to say what a fantastic effort from everybody at Leicester City for signing the flag and posting off to her - and as a patriot and massive LCFC fan myself, I wanted to share this with those of you who will get a warm feeling knowing that our colours are being flown out in Afghanistan and supporting our brave troops as well.

Well done Leicester City Football Club!

post-13719-0-28937400-1358358191_thumb.j

Evening All!

My Mother-in-Law was recently invited into Radio Leicester to talk about her efforts of providing parcels to the guys and gals currently out on duty in Afghanistan. Over the last couple of years she has sent out in excess of 2000 parcels, usually in the form of shoe boxes, to our troops on the frontline packed with goodies that remind them of home.

After her interview, which took place just before Christmas, she asked someone at Radio Leicester if there was any chance of a signed programme from the club as she had a specific person in mind who she wanted to send some LCFC memorabilia. The lass in question used to play for the Ladies team at the club and is currently out at Camp Bastion working as a dog handler.

The Mother-in-Law was pointed in the direction of somebody at RL, I suspect Stringer, who told her to leave it with him. Couple of weeks pass by and she receives nothing and then low and behold she gets a signed flag from all the lads arrive in the post today.

Just wanted to say what a fantastic effort from everybody at Leicester City for signing the flag and posting off to her - and as a patriot and massive LCFC fan myself, I wanted to share this with those of you who will get a warm feeling knowing that our colours are being flown out in Afghanistan and supporting our brave troops as well.

Well done Leicester City Football Club!

The Taliban will see that and start singing "you used to be English, you`re not anymore" (only kidding :D )

Lovely stuff, mate, well done to the mother-in-law god bless her and hope she keeps it up :thumbup:

The first time I ran the London Marathon I rang up City, tigers and County asking for anything I could use for an auction at a race night I was organising. The lady at City was great and sent us richard stearmans signed remembrance day shirt with the poppy on which we auctioned for £180. tigers said we don't really do things like that but sent harry ellis signed book and the county sent a family ticket for any pro 40 match.

In all, with sponsors, we raised (three of us) over £5500 for Loros.

LCFC are usually pretty good with stuff like this. When I was fundraising for the London Marathon last year I emailed loads of Leicester companies for items for a charity raffle: All of the sports teams, restaurants, cinemas, shops, even Everyman racing at mallory park. The ONLY one to get back to me with a free stadium tour for 4 was lcfc.

Archived