Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

On 15/05/2021 at 21:06, Izzy said:

More emotion on an emotional day. Richard Bland wins his first European title in 478 starts at the age of 48. Absolutely thrilled for him :appl:

And now leading the US Open.

Tekka boo old chap. Dreamland stuff :appl:

On 17/06/2021 at 12:44, goody2028 said:

Gone for Viktor Hovland this week EW. Really fancy him to have a good weekend at 22/1. Reckon Rahm will be up there as well. 

My betting curse strikes again. Withdrawn due to sand in his eye lol 

• Haha 1

All set up for a potential cracking final round tonight.

Shame that Richard Bland has more than likely put himself out of it, going in the water on 18 summed up his third round.

As the leaderboard stands, I’m hoping for a McIlroy or Oosthuizen victory, Louis deserves another major.

• Like 1

Think I want Louis or Rahm to win cos none of the other cvnts know how to shout 'FORE!' when the spray it into the crowd.

Ignorant, spoilt brats.

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

It's Open week and I'm buzzing for it. Had a great chat with my old uncle today who has been a member at Felixstowe Ferry GC in Suffolk for over 30 years (it's the 6th oldest course in England and a classic links if you ever get chance to play it!)

Anyway, my uncle tells me they've got this young pro there called Sam Forgan who was trying to qualify for the Open (he's "a good lad who hits it a fvckin mile" according to my uncle :D) So Sam gets through regional qualifying to final qualifying where there's only 3 spots up for grabs. Well he only goes and does it and as a bonus, the Open camera's are following him as part of a 'Road to the Open' series on You Tube.

Sam rocks up at Royal St Georges for his first practice round today and is paired with Tommy Fleetwood. Tomorrow he's playing with Tony Finau and then on Wednesday he's playing with BDC and Phil Mickelson!

Absolute dreamland stuff for the lad. Look out for his name this week :thumbup:

• Like 2

Just like with Wimbledon, not having The Open last year sucked.

Like with the US Open, I’ll have to favour Rahm & Schauffele this week out of the favourites.

Potential outsiders, I’ll go with Branden Grace & Lucas Herbert.

39 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Isn't this a wide open links course? 

I can see the big hitters doing well as they won't be hitting rough as much. 

Some of the fairways are quite wide but because they're so undulating at RSG, you can hit one down the middle and still end up in the rough. That along with quite a few blind tee shots are some of the reasons it's quite unpopular with the players and probably the worst course on the Open rota.

A lot of the fairways narrow out as they approach the green so if the bombers take driver, they can quite easily end up in the haye and fvcked. Even BDC is talking about taking irons off some of the tees.

You need to be able to keep it down on the deck and under the wind at RSG so good iron play and creative shot making is required.

I think the South Africans and UK players could do well this week.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Some of the fairways are quite wide but because they're so undulating at RSG, you can hit one down the middle and still end up in the rough. That along with quite a few blind tee shots are some of the reasons it's quite unpopular with the players and probably the worst course on the Open rota.

A lot of the fairways narrow out as they approach the green so if the bombers take driver, they can quite easily end up in the haye and fvcked. Even BDC is talking about taking irons off some of the tees.

You need to be able to keep it down on the deck and under the wind at RSG so good iron play and creative shot making is required.

I think the South Africans and UK players could do well this week.

Thanks. Makes sense. 

On 12/07/2021 at 21:21, Izzy said:

Sam rocks up at Royal St Georges for his first practice round today and is paired with Tommy Fleetwood. Tomorrow he's playing with Tony Finau and then on Wednesday he's playing with BDC and Phil Mickelson!

I don’t know if they still do it now, but the tee-sheet for the practice rounds at the open used to be left completely blank, so players could just fill it out at whatever time they wanted to go out. You’d get loads of the less experienced pros hanging around outside the club house, waiting for Tiger to walk in so they could follow him in and see when he was going out so they could put themselves in his practise group lol 

Was watching a bit of that group today. Phil looks really relaxed, having a bit of fun with Bryson. Wouldn’t count either of those out! I like Rahm this week though I think. Had a good week at The Scottish too. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Manini said:

I don’t know if they still do it now, but the tee-sheet for the practice rounds at the open used to be left completely blank, so players could just fill it out at whatever time they wanted to go out. You’d get loads of the less experienced pros hanging around outside the club house, waiting for Tiger to walk in so they could follow him in and see when he was going out so they could put themselves in his practise group lol 

Was watching a bit of that group today. Phil looks really relaxed, having a bit of fun with Bryson. Wouldn’t count either of those out! I like Rahm this week though I think. Had a good week at The Scottish too. 

I think that's still how they do it but it looks like Sam Forgan got booted out of the original 4 ball with Phil and Bryson today to make room for Rahm and DJ (unless they played two separate rounds front nine and back 9). According to the Open app he played with Jordan Spieth and Jimmy Walker instead today - still not a bad group! I thought about putting a few quid on him to make the cut but he's only 7/2 which seems a bit stingy! He's off tomorrow at 12.42 and in a three ball with Padraig Harrington so the dream goes on for him....

I like the look of Rahm too and he's really grown on me as a bloke. Seems like a top man and totally at ease with life and his game. I'd love to see someone like Casey or Westy win it but just hope it's a good tournament and it's great to have the fans back.

Can't wait!!