Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

But we'll still win the Ryder Cup!

;)

I don’t think we will this time. 

If I was a betting man I’d lump on the US at home. They’ll have an outstanding team and I think we’ll struggle to match up as it stands. 

P.S. I’m not convinced with Harrington as captain either. He could talk the hind legs of a donkey and I fear he’ll massively over complicate things 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Your speech was going so well until you called it the ‘British’ open. 

Yeah, I winced at that.

I wouldn't even have noticed if it weren't for several years on here learning where all the "hot buttons" are on the English.

...  about 3500 air miles due west of the Greenwich meridian  :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Yeah, I winced at that.

I wouldn't even have noticed if it weren't for several years on here learning where all the "hot buttons" are on the English.

...  about 3500 air miles due west of the Greenwich meridian  :rolleyes:

To be fair, we can be equally as guilty of calling the PGA championship the 'US' PGA :rolleyes:

I think Morikawa just got a bit lost in the moment and called himself the 'Player of the Championship' instead of the 'Champion golfer of the year' in his speech.

He's still young I guess and to win The Open on his first appearance is remarkable really.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a golf-related question that's somewhat hindered my performances in the sport here and there.

When I hit the ball, it often, annoyingly, goes to the right (despite closing in the end of the iron inwards and adjusting my feet direction to try and avoid this from occurring).

Has anyone else been experiencing such 'problems' whilst playing?

Thanks.

36 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

I've got a golf-related question that's somewhat hindered my performances in the sport here and there.

When I hit the ball, it often, annoyingly, goes to the right (despite closing in the end of the iron inwards and adjusting my feet direction to try and avoid this from occurring).

Has anyone else been experiencing such 'problems' whilst playing?

Thanks.

Sounds like it could be your ‘swing plane’ mate. The ball often goes right if you swing ‘out to in’ which means you cut across the ball making it go right.

Try taking the club back more on the inside or ‘around’ you which should help the face be more square at impact. Have a look at Rick Shiels or Me and My Golf on YouTube and search for slice/push and there’ll be some instructional videos on there.

Failing all that, spend £40 with your local pro for a lesson and they’ll sort you out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is it a straight block right, or a slice right? 

The former means the face is sitting open at impact, the latter means your swing path is "out-to-in" generating lots of sidespin to the right despite the position of your club-face.

Either way it needs addressing by a coach. Or if you can get on a launch monitor and find out which one it is, you can look for swing tweaks/fixes and drills on YouTube Google and try and fix it yourself.

A lesson is probably the best way to go though ultimately. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks.

The swing aspect was a thought in the back of my mind.

I've been told that I'm quite 'erratic' in my swing at times, the moment I'm about to follow through the ball.

Wil l have a look at the YouTube recommendation, for sure.

Wasn't sure about getting a professional to look at my positioning and swing, especially personally haven't had such guidance/lessons before.

Can see it being a game I'll get into (admittedly don't play quite regularly), once I sussed out the problem, as it's a decent game -  especially in good weather like today and a nice meal and pint at the end of it. :)

Edited by Wymsey

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, kingfox said:

What a delightful golfer Cam Smith is, just missed out on a 59.

He’s a very talented boy. Just a shame his mullet and bum fluff tash let him down a bit really.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, kingfox said:

Two likeable players in Tony & Cam, but good to see Big Tony finally win again.

Proper shank from Cam in that play-off, no doubt @Izzy will blame his mullet ;) 

I just figure with $30m in the bank he could afford a decent hair cut!

Really pleased for Finau though. Been a long time coming and he always comes across as a decent fella. 

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Really pleased for Finau though. Been a long time coming and he always comes across as a decent fella. 

He said he won’t have it cut because it’s a good luck charm, after last night though, I think he has to reassess that option lol 

Now Big Tony is over that hurdle, it’s over to Oosthuizen now to stop finishing tournaments in second place lol 

12 hours ago, Izzy said:

With $30m in the bank he probably needs a decent haircut less than most of us 

The scoring this week has been nuts.

I'm more interested in the players form leading into the Ryder Cup tbh, and the American's are looking very, very strong right now.