Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

As rarely as I watch golf lately, this is too much fun to miss.  And too interesting.

One guy feels no nerves blasting a consistent 330 down the middle, but turns into a blind gorilla trying to sink short putts. 

The other can’t make proper contact on an approach, but is an unkillable android Terminator anywhere near the greens.

• Like 1

On 04/08/2021 at 16:59, Wymsey said:

I've got a golf-related question that's somewhat hindered my performances in the sport here and there.

When I hit the ball, it often, annoyingly, goes to the right (despite closing in the end of the iron inwards and adjusting my feet direction to try and avoid this from occurring).

Has anyone else been experiencing such 'problems' whilst playing?

Thanks.

More information needed on this one, but when you hit a golf ball, what basically happens is the ball will take off where the club face was pointed, and then curve AWAY from the path the club took.

If your ball starts to the right of the target, and just goes straight to the right, then the clubface was aimed right of the target at impact, and your swing path was square to your clubface. So you ended up with a ball going straight to the right.

If the ball CURVED to the right, then the clubface is open relative to your path.

So use the ball as the coach to diagnose the swing

• Thanks 1

Stricker ready to confirm his SIX wildcard picks later. Six picks is bollux IMO - way too many. Europe have it about right with three and it should be the same for both teams.

These already qualified for the US:

DJ

Collin

Byson

Brooks

JT

Cantlay

My guess at the six picks:

Jordan

Finau

Xander

English

Kisner

Reed 

For me this would be a helluva team and I can only see one result at Whistling Straights - a comprehensive US win

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Stricker ready to confirm his SIX wildcard picks later. Six picks is bollux IMO - way too many. Europe have it about right with three and it should be the same for both teams.

These already qualified for the US:

DJ

Collin

Byson

Brooks

JT

Cantlay

My guess at the six picks:

Jordan

Finau

Xander

English

Kisner

Reed 

For me this would be a helluva team and I can only see one result at Whistling Straights - a comprehensive US win

Spieth, Finau, Schauffele & English are the obvious picks.

Going by reports, many seem to think he’ll pick Daniel Berger. 

Kisner, Reed, Burns & Na are all in with a shout too imo.

58 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Berger is a tenacious little bastard and I could see him easily rising to the challenge. Na is playing well and Burns is quality - although I’m not convinced about him mentally.

For me it’s Reed and Kisner but Reeds been ill so might get overlooked.

Either way, it’s going to be a really US strong team.

3 hours ago, kingfox said:

Yeah, he's gone with Berger.

A bit surprised he went with Scheffler over Kisner tbh. 

Crazy they've got six rookies really when they're all such accomplished PGA players.

Over to you Padraig...

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Yeah, he's gone with Berger.

A bit surprised he went with Scheffler over Kisner tbh. 

Crazy they've got six rookies really when they're all such accomplished PGA players.

Over to you Padraig...

Scheffler’s been solid but win/form wise, I’m surprised he hasn’t gone for one of Kisner, Burns, Na, they should all feel hard done by.

All down to this week for quite a few European’s, picks wise going by what Harrington has said, it seems he might turn to experience.

4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Scheffler’s been solid but win/form wise, I’m surprised he hasn’t gone for one of Kisner, Burns, Na, they should all feel hard done by.

All down to this week for quite a few European’s, picks wise going by what Harrington has said, it seems he might turn to experience.

Could end up with Dad's Army with Sergio, Rose, Casey, Poults and Westy all over 40. 

Tbh, I'd rather he went with experience over there. The crowd will be proper hostile.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, goody2028 said:

£4k per shot lol 

02829FB4-8377-4944-848E-42F901C4B6E2.jpeg

Crazy sums of money and you could probably double it to include his off course sponsorships and endorsements.

Fair play to him. He must be living the dream the lucky bastard.

Lowry is fvcking this right up. If he's not careful he'll have to rely on a captain's pick for the RC.

That would probably mean any three of Lowry, Rose, Garcia and Poulter. 

Don't envy Padraig having to make that call.

In full agreement with those three picks

Lowry - Unfortunate to miss out automatically, plus I couldn’t see Padraig going against his Irish mate

Garcia - Been playing well recently

Poulter - Mr Ryder Cup

Rose has had too much of a poor season, so not surprised he was the one to miss out.