Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

On 12/07/2021 at 16:21, Izzy said:

It's Open week and I'm buzzing for it. Had a great chat with my old uncle today who has been a member at Felixstowe Ferry GC in Suffolk for over 30 years (it's the 6th oldest course in England and a classic links if you ever get chance to play it!)

Anyway, my uncle tells me they've got this young pro there called Sam Forgan who was trying to qualify for the Open (he's "a good lad who hits it a fvckin mile" according to my uncle :D) So Sam gets through regional qualifying to final qualifying where there's only 3 spots up for grabs. Well he only goes and does it and as a bonus, the Open camera's are following him as part of a 'Road to the Open' series on You Tube.

Sam rocks up at Royal St Georges for his first practice round today and is paired with Tommy Fleetwood. Tomorrow he's playing with Tony Finau and then on Wednesday he's playing with BDC and Phil Mickelson!

Absolute dreamland stuff for the lad. Look out for his name this week :thumbup:

Well ... at least he'll be able to say he finished ahead of Phil ...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Well ... at least he'll be able to say he finished ahead of Phil ...

Yeah, a bit gutted for him that he had a few doubles today and ended up with a 77. Like you sat though, he can always say he did better than Phil and what an amazing experience it must have been.

P.S. I know it's too early to say but wouldn't be surprised if this ends up a three way shoot out between Louis, Collin and Jordan. Great stuff so far...

On 16/07/2021 at 17:06, Izzy said:

P.S. I know it's too early to say but wouldn't be surprised if this ends up a three way shoot out between Louis, Collin and Jordan. Great stuff so far...

Still this

Didn’t expect that from Spieth on 17 & 18, still pretty much a three horse race though.

Conners & Scheffler have a slight chance but unlikely.

Would be happy to see Morikawa or Spieth win, but my heart is fully with Oosthuizen tomorrow, if he ends up finishing 2nd again then:facepalm:

Spieth for me. Morikawa is a hell of a player but he's openly admitted he knows nothing about golf history and he's not a student of the game like Spieth. 

Louis seems a nice bloke but he's a bit too chill for me. More bothered about his farms and tractors than being a major champion.

Spieth gets the Open. He knows its the biggest championship in the world and he's desperate for another claret jug. 

If Spieth wins, I can see him being the modern day Tom Watson who falls in love with the Open and could win it 5 times. Really hope he does it today.