Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

Opening ceremony for the RC tonight and it feels like Xmas Eve. Three days of solid watching coming up for me and I can't wait.

However much I try and justify a European win, I just can't see it happening this time.

My prediction is 16-12 to the US with Spieth their top points scorer and Rahm for Europe.

What say you lot?

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Opening ceremony for the RC tonight and it feels like Xmas Eve. Three days of solid watching coming up for me and I can't wait.

However much I try and justify a European win, I just can't see it happening this time.

My prediction is 16-12 to the US with Spieth their top points scorer and Rahm for Europe.

What say you lot?

I’ve got a good feeling about Fleetwood this week. Whilst it’s not totally the same, WS has some similar characteristics to the courses in West Lancs which suit him.

Im with you though I’d be amazed if Europe pull something out the hat here. 

• Like 1

Yeah can’t wait for this, although not sure how much I’m going to see what time does it tee off tomorrow? 

Can’t see us (Europe) getting anything but I can’t fault any of his picks, America are just ridiculous right now aren’t they. Excited to see Poulter wind up the yanks though I must admit 

3 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Yeah can’t wait for this, although not sure how much I’m going to see what time does it tee off tomorrow? 

Can’t see us (Europe) getting anything but I can’t fault any of his picks, America are just ridiculous right now aren’t they. Excited to see Poulter wind up the yanks though I must admit 

1pm our time :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

On paper you thoroughly expect a comfortable USA win, the strength of their team is just ridiculous.

I hope the experience on the European side can lead to a competitive competition, that’s the only advantage for Europe but it could easily prove crucial.

Interesting watching the opening ceremony. The European players all smiles, having a laugh, really enjoying themselves - where the US team (and Stricker) looking like they've got the weight of the world on their shoulders.

There's been a huge difference in the press conferences too. The Euro players taking the piss, self deprecating, laughing with the press etc. - where the US players just don't look like they want to be there to me.

And the Euro players have played the home crowd beautifully so far. If we can get off to a good start and get the momentum going early, we might just have a chance. 

• Like 1

Stricker balling his eyes out. "We're a US Ryder Cup family".

I'm not buying it mate, your team look like they're at a funeral.

Harrington spoke well and surprised me and our players have got that look in their eyes.

I'm changing my tune a bit. We really might do this you know...

• Like 1

I like those foursomes match up's. 

I'm going 2.5 to 1.5 Europe after the morning session.

Fvck sake I'm so excited I don't think I'll sleep lol

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 1

Looking forward to it too...earlier start of 8.30 for my Sat golf so shud be finished and home in time to watch the start.

Agree the body language of team Europe far more relaxed than the Yanks but have to be honest I found the whole opening ceremony pretty crass and poor.....Most of the crowd seemed to be walking aimlessly around the place while the competes did nothing but shout into their mics trying to be funny  ( Solheim Cup was the same) . 

Anyway go team Europe 🇪🇺

8 hours ago, Izzy said:

Interesting watching the opening ceremony. The European players all smiles, having a laugh, really enjoying themselves - where the US team (and Stricker) looking like they've got the weight of the world on their shoulders.

'twas ever thus.

How many times has the US team looked unstoppable.....on paper. They just can't get themselves to buy into the team thing lol

Despite that, like you, I think they are rightful favourites this time though. With the European Ryder cup teams, we've all learned not to write them off though.

Let's hope it's another epic.

Yeah really looking forward to it.  Annoying sporting weekend, going to be doing a lot of catching up!!

Tigers tonight

Chelsea vs Man City

Down the Burnley game tomorrow

But it is one of the sporting events of the year.

Some absolutely great sporting memories over the years, even recently, Medinah, Last time out in France Tommy and Molinari in bed with the trophy & the Golf was ok too.

Lets put them under the gun and see if their pips squeak!!!  We are the big underdogs BUT Emma Raducanu just won the US Open, we won the League!! 

C/mon U Blues!!!!

14 hours ago, Izzy said:

65 degrees and cloudy but half the US team wearing shades to hide their nerves.

Not cool :cool:

Whilst you’ve locked your wife and kids out of the room, and will be in cowering-behind-the-couch mode during singles on Sunday afternoon. :rolleyes:

At least that noon (EDT) start time will leave you the couple of hours to watch our match.

“Our” referring to City ... not this post-divorce, Formerly Union Cup (FuCup) team … funny how y’all rushed to ditch that EU flag -- except when you need their guys to beat the USA lol

Well, you can’t have your cake and eat it.  Brexit means Brexit.  It’s time to add the English to the US side, and let the damned Scots decide once and for all which team they want to be on.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Whilst you’ve locked your wife and kids out of the room, and will be in cowering-behind-the-couch mode during singles on Sunday afternoon. :rolleyes:

At least that noon (EDT) start time will leave you the couple of hours to watch our match.

“Our” referring to City ... not this post-divorce, Formerly Union Cup (FuCup) team … funny how y’all rushed to ditch that EU flag -- except when you need their guys to beat the USA lol

Well, you can’t have your cake and eat it.  Brexit means Brexit.  It’s time to add the English to the US side, and let the damned Scots decide once and for all which team they want to be on.

In all seriousness, I'd be O.K if it went back to GB&I vs USA. 

The idea of inviting European players in to even it up has gone too far the other way, and the only way to make it fair again and allow the US to win a few is to ditch the Euro players.

Seeing as 50% of the current team are English anyway, I reckon a solely GB&I team would give the US a close match. 

You're right. Brexit means Brexit :D

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

In all seriousness, I'd be O.K if it went back to GB&I vs USA. 

The idea of inviting European players in to even it up has gone too far the other way, and the only way to make it fair again and allow the US to win a few is to ditch the Euro players.

Seeing as 50% of the current team are English anyway, I reckon a solely GB&I team would give the US a close match. 

You're right. Brexit means Brexit :D

Bloody hell ... this after a 16 - 12 to the USA prediction ...

Anyway, damned good of us to pick one of the few seaside links in the country just to make the FuCups feel at home. 

58 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Europe need something special (already) to make something of this. Great atmosphere out there imagine if we actually had some Europeans there as well

Still early days. That morning foursomes was basically them winning just one more game than us.

Europe has won 4 out of the last 6 Ryder Cups when down after day one. 

Edited by The Bear

2 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

We’re getting humped.

Big time. The wind's gone right out of my sails. I know we've come back from big deficits in the past but I'll be surprised this time.

Casey, Poults, Westy all looking their age and Rory bang out of form.  

US team looking young, fresh and dominant. You never know, but I sense we could be in for a battering.