Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

Will hopefully get back into my golf this summer, will be tough will definitely have rustiness to shake off after not playing or a year or so. Will start going driving range again, to get back my swing back into shape, playing one handed is a difficult task but I can't wait to get back out on the course to be honest.

Will hopefully get back into my golf this summer, will be tough will definitely have rustiness to shake off after not playing or a year or so. Will start going driving range again, to get back my swing back into shape, playing one handed is a difficult task but I can't wait to get back out on the course to be honest.

I couldnt  help but notice the one handed part, do you have a disability? Its seriously impressive those that golf  with disability, i take my hat off to them

I couldnt help but notice the one handed part, do you have a disability? Its seriously impressive those that golf with disability, i take my hat off to them

Yes mate, I suffer from cerebral palsy, I self taught for 6 months to 1 year, just hitting the ball and chipping and putting then started with proper lessons.

• Like 1

Yes mate, I suffer from cerebral palsy, I self taught for 6 months to 1 year, just hitting the ball and chipping and putting then started with proper lessons.

Thats a fantastic effort, and its fantastic that despite the disability, you can be part of this amazing sport.

Ive seen footage from the world disabled golf championships  and its inspirational.

I also believe Paul Broadhurst's father (Paul Broadhurst was an extremely successful European Tour player, now playing the senior tour) lost one of his arms in an accident, but still plays golf, which is extraordinary.

• Like 1

Thats a fantastic effort, and its fantastic that despite the disability, you can be part of this amazing sport.

Ive seen footage from the world disabled golf championships and its inspirational.

I also believe Paul Broadhurst's father (Paul Broadhurst was an extremely successful European Tour player, now playing the senior tour) lost one of his arms in an accident, but still plays golf, which is extraordinary.

Can be very frustrating at times but I just dig down deep and get on with it. I just can't wait to get back out on the course again.

• Like 2

With The Memorial and Nordea Masters starting tomorrow I've had a couple of e/w doubles. Dustin Johnson 20/1 and Henrik Stenson 13/2. Johnson could do well at The Memorial would be happy with a place. Expecting Stenson to be there or thereabouts with it being in his home country.

I've also had Speith 7/1 and Karlberg 28/1 in a double. Expecting Speith to do well here and push on from his win at the Dean and Deluca Invitational last weekend. I'm expecting Karlberg to do well after his late surge at the BMW last weekend. I've had Day 6/1 and Hatton 25/1 in a e/w double also. Day been excellent all season so far expecting to be up the top of the leaderboard. Can see Hatton do well if he can sink a few more birdies this week. They're my picks this week what does everyone else think?

With The Memorial and Nordea Masters starting tomorrow I've had a couple of e/w doubles. Dustin Johnson 20/1 and Henrik Stenson 13/2. Johnson could do well at The Memorial would be happy with a place. Expecting Stenson to be there or thereabouts with it being in his home country.

I've also had Speith 7/1 and Karlberg 28/1 in a double. Expecting Speith to do well here and push on from his win at the Dean and Deluca Invitational last weekend. I'm expecting Karlberg to do well after his late surge at the BMW last weekend. I've had Day 6/1 and Hatton 25/1 in a e/w double also. Day been excellent all season so far expecting to be up the top of the leaderboard. Can see Hatton do well if he can sink a few more birdies this week. They're my picks this week what does everyone else think?

Can't really argue with your selections there. However, I find it incredibly difficult to bet on a winning golfer as a single so getting a double, even an e/w double, I'd imagine is quite a feat.

I'm a huge Hideki Matsuyama fan, I think he's a superb talent and guaranteed a major at some point. He's only played the memorial twice, a win and then a 5th place in his title defence, it seems to be a course that suits him and he hasn't finished lower than 11th in his last 4 stroke play events, so he'd be my pick this week. Obviously Day is quite frankly ridiculous at the moment and could win every week, but I've gone HM on the basis of betting value, history and form.

Edited by HowardsBulletHeader

I would agree with Howards' in the sense that in a golf tournament, the quality of the field is so good,literally anyone could win. Only have to look at this season with winners like Smylie Kaufmann in his 3rd so so event winning, James Hahn winning after a big run of missed cuts, so an outright winner is very hard to pick.

I do like the picks of Stenson and Dustin Johnson though.

• 2 weeks later...

Played the Marquess at Woburn today. It chewed me up and spat me out afterwards  lol  But what a course. Immaculate, undulating, long, picturesque, intimidating and great fun to play. 

Looking forward to the US Open tomorrow but not a Scooby Doo who to put my money on!  :rolleyes:

Who is everybody backing tomorrow on the final 18?

Would love Westwood to finally do it, but let's be honest he tends to bottle it come final sunday. Sergio proper in the mix so I'll tip him to just pip DJ.

Jason Day is machine like at the minute, even when he seems out of it, he just has a way of always being in with a shout even when not fully on it.

Played the Marquess at Woburn today. It chewed me up and spat me out afterwards lol But what a course. Immaculate, undulating, long, picturesque, intimidating and great fun to play.

Looking forward to the US Open tomorrow but not a Scooby Doo who to put my money on! :rolleyes:

I can honestly say they are the best par 5's I have played anywhere on the planet , it's an amazing course in 25 years time it will be a world leader as it matures and beds in properly

Wonderful place from the minuet you arrive till you leave.

We Should start an FT golf society lol

• Like 1

I'm getting a bit tired of Lee Westwoods predictable last round blow ups in a major. Every time I think 'this is his time', he proceeds to fvck it up. No doubting his talent so it can only be a mental thing. After 72 major appearances it can't just be bad luck. Bloody Forest fan has cost be a small fortune betting on him over the years. Serial bottler I'm afraid.

P.S. Come on Lowry you big fat, smoking, beer drinking, non gym going dude

I'm getting a bit tired of Lee Westwoods predictable last round blow ups in a major. Every time I think 'this is his time', he proceeds to fvck it up. No doubting his talent so it can only be a mental thing. After 72 major appearances it can't just be bad luck. Bloody Forest fan has cost be a small fortune betting on him over the years. Serial bottler I'm afraid.

P.S. Come on Lowry you big fat, smoking, beer drinking, non gym going dude

Being a fatty is costing Shane here !!! He looks sweaty and tired and humping the weight around all day is getting to him !

Head is gone

So GMAC is now the latest player to say he won't play in the Rio Olympics. It's getting a bit embarrassing now and just serves to prove that golf shouldn't be anywhere near the Olympics. And if it should be included, it should be for the Walker Cup Amateur type guys. Complete crock of shit really...

So GMAC is now the latest player to say he won't play in the Rio Olympics. It's getting a bit embarrassing now and just serves to prove that golf shouldn't be anywhere near the Olympics. And if it should be included, it should be for the Walker Cup Amateur type guys. Complete crock of shit really...

I disagree with this a bit, you can't knock a guy for withdrawing over a virus that could have long term health impacts.

If a tour player contracts that virus, they're out for an extended period of time and if they've played since the Olympics they could pass it on and you're then damaging the tour(s). For the sake of one Olympic Games, particularly if I was one of the best (Day, Spieth, McIlroy, DJ, Rose, Watson, Scott etc.) I'd withdraw and back myself to make another one.

I disagree with this a bit, you can't knock a guy for withdrawing over a virus that could have long term health impacts.

If a tour player contracts that virus, they're out for an extended period of time and if they've played since the Olympics they could pass it on and you're then damaging the tour(s). For the sake of one Olympic Games, particularly if I was one of the best (Day, Spieth, McIlroy, DJ, Rose, Watson, Scott etc.) I'd withdraw and back myself to make another one.

And as if by magic, Day withdraws.

I think this Zika virus is a convenient excuse for the worlds top players to miss the Olympics - sorry. We all know they've got a busy schedule around that time and the cynic in me says they don't get paid for competing in the Olympics so why bother with all the travel and hassle. Do you think professional golfers really see them selves as Olympians? I don't, and I don't think professionals should be anywhere near it. Golf, boxing, tennis or otherwise. I wonder if it was amateur golfers representing their country in the Olympics instead, how many would have pulled out because of this virus? My guess = none of em. 

I agree with you that the zica virus is a convenient excuse but the real reason could be more sinister.

WADA have long been critical of the tours lack of a credible drug testing programme.

The recent body shape changes in some of the top players is quite startling and yes, it may be from

hours spent in the gym but there may have been some "assistance".

Edited by notnow john