Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

Jason Day on fire again, has to be a hot favourite for Augusta.

The Masters could be one of the best ever this year I reckon. Day on fire, Scott looking good, Rory and Speith will be up there. DJ, Fowler, Bubba could all be a factor. Louie Oost in form, Swartzel recently won. Jeez, you could pick a winner from any of them. No idea where to put my money on this one!!

The Masters could be one of the best ever this year I reckon. Day on fire, Scott looking good, Rory and Speith will be up there. DJ, Fowler, Bubba could all be a factor. Louie Oost in form, Swartzel recently won. Jeez, you could pick a winner from any of them. No idea where to put my money on this one!!

I backed Scott after his first and before his second win about 3-4 weeks ago now. Somehow, I managed to do the same thing with Oosthuizen, who I backed on the Friday and won on the European Tour on the Sunday. Their price has come in since I did, so I'm hoping one of them wins!

I think Day will win, he's in great form (6 wins/13 starts is Tiger like) and he's come close at Augusta before. I can't see McIlroy winning, compared to Day and Spieth his putting isn't strong enough. Bubba has a chance, he's another in good form. I honestly don't know if DJ will ever win a major, he's such a bottle job.

But like you say, promises to be an absolute cracker and its the return of fantasy golf!

I'm massively looking forward to next week, I always do but this year should be unbelievable. To think this time last year Jason Day and Rickie Fowler were seen as over hyped and Spieth hadn't started is relentless streak in the majors. As mentioned then there's Bubba who is in rude form, Scott who has won twice and finished runner up twice in the last 2 months with the shorter flat stick. Charl Schwarzel comes off the back of only his 2nd PGA Tour win and has won here ebfore In fact the one player who isn't quite firing on all cylinders is McIlroy but that might work in his favour as the limelight will be off him somewhat. It's all fascinating.

I've already got so many bets on it's ridiculous, mainly from investing a fair bit of Cheltenham winnings throughout the week.

Put it this way I've so far back 13 players, but many of them are longshots staking a few quid on the nose on betfair at ridiculous odds in the hope that either one lands or I can lay them off come the business end and make a few quid that way. For about £30 staked on longshots I could potentially win several thousand from seasoned players like Jimmy Walker, Billy Horschel, Harris English, Justin Thomas, Brooks Koepka, Andy Sullivan, Russell Henley, JB Holmes, Martin Kaymer.

My main fancies are Rickie Fowler who definitely has some value at 20/1 that I got a couple of weeks ago, Louis Oosthuizen, Charl Schwarzel and Hideki Matsuyama all at 40/1.

Finally a bit of a wildcard is Bryson DeChambeau, I may have mentioned him before but this lad is going to be world number one in the future in my opinion. He's currently number 1 amateur and has spent months plotting his success at Augusta next week, he is obsessed in winning it as an amateur and I honestly wouldn't put it past him to go close. He's played several tour events last year and this year and looked very good in spells but this week I for some reason have a feeling. Most certainly take him in the first round leader market and also top 20, top 10, top 5 and outright just in case. I'm loaded up to the hilt on him to the tune of about £9000-10,000 if he wins. He was 650/1 on betfair last week, which has now been halved. He can be found at 250/1 with paddy power paying 7 places which is superb as most places have him at 200/1 5 places.

Just popped in to say how about those Aussies. Been a great season for us so far fair to say my obsession with Jase Day is becoming Un healthy great player to watch when he is on.

Can't wait for the Masters think we all know who I'm going for. If not an Aussie I want Gracey to win

I'm massively looking forward to next week, I always do but this year should be unbelievable. To think this time last year Jason Day and Rickie Fowler were seen as over hyped and Spieth hadn't started is relentless streak in the majors. As mentioned then there's Bubba who is in rude form, Scott who has won twice and finished runner up twice in the last 2 months with the shorter flat stick. Charl Schwarzel comes off the back of only his 2nd PGA Tour win and has won here ebfore In fact the one player who isn't quite firing on all cylinders is McIlroy but that might work in his favour as the limelight will be off him somewhat. It's all fascinating.

I've already got so many bets on it's ridiculous, mainly from investing a fair bit of Cheltenham winnings throughout the week.

Put it this way I've so far back 13 players, but many of them are longshots staking a few quid on the nose on betfair at ridiculous odds in the hope that either one lands or I can lay them off come the business end and make a few quid that way. For about £30 staked on longshots I could potentially win several thousand from seasoned players like Jimmy Walker, Billy Horschel, Harris English, Justin Thomas, Brooks Koepka, Andy Sullivan, Russell Henley, JB Holmes, Martin Kaymer.

My main fancies are Rickie Fowler who definitely has some value at 20/1 that I got a couple of weeks ago, Louis Oosthuizen, Charl Schwarzel and Hideki Matsuyama all at 40/1.

Finally a bit of a wildcard is Bryson DeChambeau, I may have mentioned him before but this lad is going to be world number one in the future in my opinion. He's currently number 1 amateur and has spent months plotting his success at Augusta next week, he is obsessed in winning it as an amateur and I honestly wouldn't put it past him to go close. He's played several tour events last year and this year and looked very good in spells but this week I for some reason have a feeling. Most certainly take him in the first round leader market and also top 20, top 10, top 5 and outright just in case. I'm loaded up to the hilt on him to the tune of about £9000-10,000 if he wins. He was 650/1 on betfair last week, which has now been halved. He can be found at 250/1 with paddy power paying 7 places which is superb as most places have him at 200/1 5 places.

Interesting thoughts there RF.

I don't want to dampen your outsiders bet, but doesn't JB Holmes have a shoulder injury? Think he withdrew this week with it, but don't quote me on that, could be wrong.

Generally speaking you have to play Augusta a few times before you win, unless you're Jordan Spieth who has a quite ridiculous record of 2nd and a Victory. I like Matsuyama, I think he's a real talent but his putting is grim and short game is key at Augusta.

I don't know whether to back him, but Mickelson is really coming back this season and he's won plenty of times round Augusta.

Personally, I think previous winners are likely to go close again (Bubba, Scott, Mickelson, Spieth). But can't see past Jason Day, if he plays how he has been, he will walk it.

Edited by HowardsBulletHeader

Enjoying the Masters par 3 competition now. NINE holes in one already! Including two on the same hole in the same group and one by 80 year old Gary Player. Great stuff..

I'm massively looking forward to next week, I always do but this year should be unbelievable. To think this time last year Jason Day and Rickie Fowler were seen as over hyped and Spieth hadn't started is relentless streak in the majors. As mentioned then there's Bubba who is in rude form, Scott who has won twice and finished runner up twice in the last 2 months with the shorter flat stick. Charl Schwarzel comes off the back of only his 2nd PGA Tour win and has won here ebfore In fact the one player who isn't quite firing on all cylinders is McIlroy but that might work in his favour as the limelight will be off him somewhat. It's all fascinating.

£5 on Bryson to win outright. Got 360/1 on the exchange. His clubs are all the same length and its just head angle that changes the distance. The blokes an expert in physics apparently. Edited by Collymore

Speith ripping it up again. I hope it doesn't turn into a boring procession like last year. By the way, sorry but I just can't take Monty seriously on Sky. What a complete and utter helmet.

J Day giving him a run for his money. Shame about his 3 stab just then.

Speaking of which did anyone see Ernie? Ouch...

Missed Ernie, has he still got the yips?

Hope someone finishes well today, another stroll for Speith will be boring as fvck again..

I'm not a violent person, but every fibre of my being wants to kick Colin Montgommery square in the nuts. I'm not sure I can put up with another three days of his total utter bollux.

He 7 putted the first green from 3 feet.

J Day has completely collapsed in 3 holes, unbelievable.

Wow, just seen that Ernie disaster. Not sure I've ever seen anything like that from a top pro in all my years. That's something I'd do in the Sunday morning swindle lol