Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

Superb. How much did you spend up in Scotland? You've played some top drawer courses there, must have stung you a few quid? On a side note, anyone going Woburn in October for the British Masters?

Not too bad, two of the courses we played (Glen and Eyemouth) both took 2-FORE-1 vouchers which helped us cost wise. Otherwise it was anything between £40-£55 a round per person. When you do that it does help with costs, as you say it can get a bit pricey.

Just booked on to my annual trip away with the lads, 26 of us going to play the Sandilands (Sutton on Sea) course for two days, this is my 4th year going, only time I play Golf outside of the Charnwood area, bloody love the challenge of strong sea winds and it's a links course as well.

Really need to start playing more.

Just booked on to my annual trip away with the lads, 26 of us going to play the Sandilands (Sutton on Sea) course for two days, this is my 4th year going, only time I play Golf outside of the Charnwood area, bloody love the challenge of strong sea winds and it's a links course as well.

Really need to start playing more.

Do you normally play Charnwood Forest? Love that track, I won the junior open there many, many years ago.

Jason Day is really playing some ridiculous golf right now.

I loved the quote from him after the suspension in play yesterday "I walked through the locker room and I've got guys asking me if I'm playing off the ladies tees. I really don't know how to describe it, it feels like a practice round, even if you hit a bad shot you know it's going to be ok."

WOW.

What do you think of this Solhiem Cup controversy then? What a fvck up by all concerned. Like RC Brookline in '99, it's done the game no favours at all..

Unfortunately I have to side with the Americans. If the Europeans didn't intend to concede the putt then they shouldn't be walking off the green ready for the next hole.

That said, the rules were followed properly so difficult to argue with the overall outcome.

You have to think it's a bit of karma though after the way the Americans treated Annika all those years ago.

Unfortunately I have to side with the Americans. If the Europeans didn't intend to concede the putt then they shouldn't be walking off the green ready for the next hole.

That said, the rules were followed properly so difficult to argue with the overall outcome.

You have to think it's a bit of karma though after the way the Americans treated Annika all those years ago.

Yep, here's a quote from 2 of the American players in 2000:  

"Under the rules of golf, it's just a question of fact," Trammell added. "Did you play out of turn? There are no extenuating circumstances."

"We have only the greatest respect for the rules of the game," [team captain] Bradley said. "And we followed the rules as written. I took the decision out of Kelly's hands."

You want to play to the whistle?  Then play to the fvcking whistle and stop crying imo.

After nailing that first major he now looks unstoppable.

We've seen some ridiculous golf from Spieth, Fowler and now Day this year. McIlroy has almost been left behind this year, which might not be a bad thing as it'll help focus his mind again on becoming top boy. Jason Day is just relentless and finally we're seeing some genuine competition between the young stars.

• 4 weeks later...

The European Tour have just announced that next Years British Masters hosted by Luke Donald will be held at the Grove. Marvellous, just 30 mins from me and a great course. Crowds will be huge there I reckon.

Ansy Sullivan wins for the 3rd time in a year, what a season. I really hope he can push on and become the best English golfer on tour, he's probably got a bit of a battle with Danny Willet and Matt Fitzpatrick but he is so talented. I've played golf against Andy a few times when I was a junior and even back then i'd never seen anything like it before, flawless golf.

• 4 weeks later...

The final event of the season on the European Tour this week in Dubai. I fancy McIlroy to win this week but won't be touching him, Justin Rose is in very good form as is Stenson. Andy Sullivan and Lahiri both at 80/1 catch the eye.

I've had BH An (Ben they call him), a few times recently. He's in good form, T3 last week like Stenson. He's due a win.

Wouldn't back against Henrik though, he's dynamite at this time of year.

The final event of the season on the European Tour this week in Dubai. I fancy McIlroy to win this week but won't be touching him, Justin Rose is in very good form as is Stenson. Andy Sullivan and Lahiri both at 80/1 catch the eye.

I've had BH An (Ben they call him), a few times recently. He's in good form, T3 last week like Stenson. He's due a win.

Wouldn't back against Henrik though, he's dynamite at this time of year.

I wouldn't discount Danny Willett or Shane Lowry either. 

Ansy Sullivan wins for the 3rd time in a year, what a season. I really hope he can push on and become the best English golfer on tour, he's probably got a bit of a battle with Danny Willet and Matt Fitzpatrick but he is so talented. I've played golf against Andy a few times when I was a junior and even back then i'd never seen anything like it before, flawless golf.

He was brilliant today. Would love to see him go on and win it with the Suli army following him around. Must have been a real treat for you to play with him Ric.

• 3 months later...

Time to bump this thread seeing as the golf season is now well upon us. Watching the end of the Cadilac WGC and its all to play for with all the big guns up on the leaderboard. Augusta around the corner and a Ryder Cup year as well. Love Leicester and love my golf!