Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

Shane Lowry could have made it a perfect start for me, when I heard it was supposed to blow a gale I had £5 e/w on him to be first round leader at 100/1. Still got the place money but he really should have shot 65 or lower, he must of missed 4-5 birdie putts inside 12 feet.

What on earth happened to Jason Day? I really hope it's now not going to be like last year and Spieth just pulls clear every day, this was set up to be a humdinger and I'm worried it'll be a repeat of last year.

It's all about the putting at Augusta. And fvck me can Speith putt. If he's more than 3 clear by close of play I fear it could be all over. I like the kid but it would be boring as fvck if he wins again. Way overdue a Brit winning so hopefully this year.

Finally a bit of a wildcard is Bryson DeChambeau, I may have mentioned him before but this lad is going to be world number one in the future in my opinion. He's currently number 1 amateur and has spent months plotting his success at Augusta next week, he is obsessed in winning it as an amateur and I honestly wouldn't put it past him to go close. He's played several tour events last year and this year and looked very good in spells but this week I for some reason have a feeling. Most certainly take him in the first round leader market and also top 20, top 10, top 5 and outright just in case. I'm loaded up to the hilt on him to the tune of about £9000-10,000 if he wins. He was 650/1 on betfair last week, which has now been halved. He can be found at 250/1 with paddy power paying 7 places which is superb as most places have him at 200/1 5 places.

Great call, he's looking good so far Ric. Been well impressed with the lad. Hope he hangs in there and makes you a few quid fella.

I'm massively looking forward to next week,

My main fancies are Rickie Fowler who definitely has some value at 20/1 that I got a couple of weeks ago, Louis Oosthuizen, Charl Schwarzel and Hideki Matsuyama all at 40/1.

He's now 1 under - made a great birdieputt at 12 and a sold birdie at 13. Are they showing this in the US / UK? Great coverage here on free to air TV (6.20am now). This place would go golf crazy if Hideki could finally win Japan's first major.

By the way, great to see some other majors nuts on this forum.

• Like 1

Bryson played the most disastrous 18th hole imaginable! He's got a good sense of humour from what I could hear from the mic.

Just heard him interviewed for the first time. Wise beyond his young years with a touch of arrogance. Sounded a bit cocky and slightly weird to me but good luck to him...

Just heard him interviewed for the first time. Wise beyond his young years with a touch of arrogance. Sounded a bit cocky and slightly weird to me but good luck to him...

The marshall was taking him through branches, a service area and behind portacabin to find the area for his drop, which was on a path near the 8th fairway! All you could hear him saying to the Marshall in the most sarcastic voice ever was "This is great! That would be perfect! Everythings completely rosey!" Edited by Collymore

Oh Bryson!!!!! Still in it but 30 mins ago he was looking like he was going to smash the shit out of everyone.

Great shout Ric. Looks like that 18th will ruin my outright but what a tip! Looks like its going to be another windy one today so I still have some hope.

I was tracking him on the masters app and he was out driving Spieth and Casey by about 30 yards from every tee.

The only improvement I can see is his approach shots on to the greens could be more accurate, especially because he's normally that much closer. He looks a solid putter and is only going to get better.

Definitely one for the future.

Do you know much about that Chris Wood? He looks tidy on the greens...

Edited by Collymore

Great shout Ric. Looks like that 18th will ruin my outright but what a tip! Looks like its going to be another windy one today so I still have some hope.

I was tracking him on the masters app and he was out driving Spieth and Casey by about 30 yards from every tee.

The only improvement I can see is his approach shots on to the greens could be more accurate, especially because he's normally that much closer. He looks a solid putter and is only going to get better.

Definitely one for the future.

Do you know much about that Chris Wood? He looks tidy on the greens...

Yeah he's a solid player on the European Tour, he's usually better served on more technical tracks but could well go close this week as he's got the magic touch on the green.

When I was a kid watching the Masters, my old man used to say it was nothing more than a "putting contest". I used to think he was talking bollux, but he's kinda got a point really. It seems to me the one major where putting is by far and away the biggest factor in determining the winner.

Well Well Well. Spieth is looking far from assured going into tomorrow. It's a good job his flat stick is working wonders because he is nowhere near his best from tee to green. Both Dustin Johnson and Jason Day have the power and ability to catch fire tomorrow and turn up the heat on Spieth, with players like Willett and Matsuyama well in the mix too.

Can't believe I got better than even money on Speith before play today.

He's just miles too good.

Fair play to you. I've stayed up and watched the the last round of the Masters every year for the last 30 odd years but tonight I can't be arsed. Speith is a genius on the greens but I can't warm to him like I do the Europeans. He's unstoppable. Amazing display.