Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 00:04, lcfcben76 said:

Anyone know when the olympics gold starts, know few big names are competing but still looking forward to it

Tomorrow. The course looks relatively easy with wide fairways and no rough. Supposedly the bunkers are the main obstacle but I doubt that will trouble the players too much. My only real bet in this is Scott Hend to be first round leader at 80/1 and a small nibble at Matteo Mannassero to get a medal. I think Rickie Fowler will win it but at 16/1 I can't be arsed with that.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Tomorrow. The course looks relatively easy with wide fairways and no rough. Supposedly the bunkers are the main obstacle but I doubt that will trouble the players too much. My only real bet in this is Scott Hend to be first round leader at 80/1 and a small nibble at Matteo Mannassero to get a medal. I think Rickie Fowler will win it but at 16/1 I can't be arsed with that.

Should be interesting, personally don't mind golf being at the olympics and I can't wait in truth

I feel I should be more excited about golf at the Olympics - but I'm not. The fact most of the best players have pulled out has devalued it a bit for me. Will still take a passing interest but not that arsed unless GB win the gold...

22 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I take it all back about golf at the Olympics. Well done Justin Rose, brilliant stuff. Bet the others who bottled it wish they'd turned up now! 

It was a great final round just what the sport needed to strengthen the case for it continuing has an Olympic sport in the future.

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Rory lips out for the Fed Ex cup and $11.5m so the play off continues. Tense stuff and DJ must be kicking himself after possibly throwing it away after another final round collapse. DJ will probably give Moore a mill bonus if he wins the play off so he wins the Fed x. Drama 

Who knows, we seem to be being written off yet we've won two majors this year, Rose won the Olympics and McIlroy is on fire. I'm certainly not fearing the worst but surely the Americans can't keep being as bad as they have been?

I quite like the look of our team, I think Stenson and Sullivan will be our top players. I'd love to see them as a pairing.

I think it's more evenly matched this year, there's a few rookies in each team which is good and there's some form players on both teams. Dustin Johnson and McIlroy are the best in the world right now and it'll be interesting to see if Jordan Spieth can regain his authority. I can't wait for it.

4 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Anyone think we'll retain the Ryder cup?  Seems a distinct lack of confidence in the Euro team.  I fear the worst.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Who knows, we seem to be being written off yet we've won two majors this year, Rose won the Olympics and McIlroy is on fire. I'm certainly not fearing the worst but surely the Americans can't keep being as bad as they have been?

I quite like the look of our team, I think Stenson and Sullivan will be our top players. I'd love to see them as a pairing.

I think it's more evenly matched this year, there's a few rookies in each team which is good and there's some form players on both teams. Dustin Johnson and McIlroy are the best in the world right now and it'll be interesting to see if Jordan Spieth can regain his authority. I can't wait for it.

I reckon we may see another Kiawa Island/Brookline in terms of result and atmosphere. The yanks are baying for blood and just can't afford to lose on home soil again. There'll be a big 'Lets do it for Arnie' attitude, and I can imagine Bubba and Poulter having a slanging match in their VC buggies lol

Wouldn't surprise me if Europe are ahead going into the singles again, but the yanks end up winning by a slim margin. I'm slightly fearful for the likes of Wood and Fitzpartick in such a hostile environment, but hope they prove me wrong. Either way, it's going to be an amazing display of golf as it always is.

Watching events like the ryder cup, it makes me miss my playing days a lot.

And RIP to Arnold Palmer. The fearless swashbuckling style endeared him to the millions that made up Arnie's Army