Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Is Schmeichel happy?

Did anyone hear Alan Youngs comments about Kasper this morning on Radio Leicester? He said something about he was worried about someone coming in for him this week. The other players were all happy to be here but Kasper was a different story. Was it taken out of context and so sounded worse than he meant?

Alan Young hardly has his finger on the pulse. Every interview I've heard with Kasper he says how much he's enjoying his time at Leicester, even when he's not prompted. He has said he'd do anything to play for Manchester United in any capacity, but apart from that I think he's happy here for the time being. Ignore the RL shit stirrers, must be a slow news day.

Did anyone hear Alan Youngs comments about Kasper this morning on Radio Leicester? He said something about he was worried about someone coming in for him this week. The other players were all happy to be here but Kasper was a different story. Was it taken out of context and so sounded worse than he meant?

I don't think he said Kasper wasn't happy to be here, just that he was more likely to go of all the players, I think mainly due to him saying in the past that his football home is Man U. If they came calling he would be off like a shot, but can you blame him for that.

What he (AlanYoung) was more worried about was Pearson going if some one came calling, think he mentioned Villa and Newcastle

Why would he go? He's no.1 here, fans love him, part of a team in form - if he does he's going to go to a lower Premiership team, like Villa, Wigan, Reading etc - where he'll be thrown in the deep end into a team with no morale, and potentially back where he is now when one of them gets relegated. You can tell by his interview that he isn't stupid - he won't go.

It will be interesting to see what happens regarding Kasper at the end of this season as he only has another year to run on his deal and it'll be a similar situation to when he was at Leeds, where he made no assurances he'd sign a new deal.

He'll be happy until a better offer (club/money) turns up. i wouldn't expect anything less from any young ambitious professional, loyalty is no longer expected or rewarded or dare I say it admired these days by those running organisations..

Considering how few shots we concede you could put me in goal and I'd keep some clean sheets.

Agree Babs, although I think he has to get some credit for the way he manages the back four and his positioning. Some people on here (not you, or on this thread actually) underrate the impact of a good marshal at the back, which is one of the reasons we concede so few shots.

Comfortably a Prem keeper, good and young and popular-let's hope he does stick around...

He'll be happy until a better offer (club/money) turns up. i wouldn't expect anything less from any young ambitious professional, loyalty is no longer expected or rewarded or dare I say it admired these days by those running organisations..

It's a tricky one-from our point of view, I love it when players show loyalty, but there is a point where you wonder what some players might have achieved had they taken a risk and moved on. If you're a mercurial folk hero type (Le Tissier springs to mind), it makes sense to stay (cf Berbatov, who never really made it at Man U, even the season he top scored). I do always wonder how much better a player Gerrard would have been if he'd taken Madrid up on their offer a few years back, and I suspect Rooney would be the same. As an England fan, I think our best players benefitted from time abroad...

For Kasper's sake, I hope he stays with us long enough to establish himself, and if a genuinely bigger club comes in offering 1st team football you can't really blame the lad.

I think he's happy here for now, at least I hope so

If our owners really want to progress and they've stressed over and over that their aim is the Premier League, my guess is they'd offer Schmeichel whatever anyone else would unless someone comes in with absolute silly money... which is probably unlikely

Rumors like this will happen simply because Kasper is totally different from the majority of other footballers.

He simply sees football as a job, and doesn't partake in the stereotypical lifestyle. Instead of going out with other players, he prefers to go home and spend time with his family. Look at last week for instance when he was at old trafford with his dad.

When at Man united his dad was the same. Neither like to combine their footballing lives with their social lives, and like to keep the two as distant as possible. That is just the character which they both have, it's a rarity in the modern game.

He's missed about two games since he joined, and finally looks settled after moving about regularly in his career.

I'm sure he's happy at Leicester.

They said on the Boro commentary he's not missed any league games, the only game he's missed have been in the cup, and the only minutes of league action he has missed was after getting sent off.

I'm more worried about Pearson going to a prem team.

He'll be at one next season. So unless a big team comes in for him (and I doubt that) there isn't a problem.

They said on the Boro commentary he's not missed any league games, the only game he's missed have been in the cup, and the only minutes of league action he has missed was after getting sent off.

Yeah, he missed a couple of League Cup games last season.

Just a quick question - If Man United were to sell Lindegaard and went after Schmeichel as a replacement (i.e. a back-up keeper) what would be the feeling about that? Fair play for a lad who wants to play for his team, or Judas? I think it's extremely unlikely though, as United look pretty settled with Lindegaard and de Gea.

Archived