Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jackubu

Against Modern Football

This is a small campaign to get clubs realizing how much the fans hate football in its current situation. We love the beautiful game but we hate the way its run. We're supporters not customers.

Before people say the campaign wont work smaller campaigns started in other countries and they have paid off. Obviously Germany is the perfect model with all clubs having at least a 51% fan ownership. There may be differences in fan bases but the logic worked.

Our campaign started over 2 weeks ago and already has over 190 people on the Facebook page just for LCFC. We are organising events starting with Huddersfield at home in the cup. We are all gathering in G1 to share our views in the loudest way possible. Everyone is welcome to join us so we can vent our views.

Heres our page

http://www.facebook.com/groups/323092401135027/326563004121300/?notif_t=group_activity

Heres the event

http://www.facebook.com/events/254381748027877

Agree with the current state of modern football being all about £££$$$$ and alot wasted on excesses BUT what you planning to do about it???

Just gathering in G1 and shouting?

Pointless!!

Making a 'protest' by purchasing a tIcket anyway??

Why not boycott and picket outside???

A couple of matches with a mass boycott will reduce the prices very quickly I'd imagine

I'm sorry, but 20/30 people in a crowd of 21k + won't make any difference.

Pointless!!

A couple of matches with a mass boycott will reduce the prices very quickly I'd imagine

No it won't. Even if they wanted to (hint; they wouldn't) they'd have to change their whole pricing structure mid-season and then reimburse season ticket holders to reflect the decrease in price. Do you have any idea how ridiculously complicated that would be?

All they'd do is chuck out another Pie & Pint offer and the punters would lap it up.

The Bundesliga is a very good league, but it's not on the same level as the PL in terms of financial revenue, Sky's stranglehold on the game means it would be very difficult to follow the German model, as clubs are constantly just chasing the money in this league.

There is good news though, if you love football but hate the state of the game, you can start your own club, like AFC Wimbledon or FC United of Manchester, completely fan owned and independent, low ticket prices, terracing... that's the dream. You'll never change the PL or the division immediately below.

Pointless!!

MASS boycott is the key bit there - it'd take an overwhelming majority to even be noticed. As it is, you're talking about 20-30 people boycotting, 1 in every thousand people at a match deciding to boycott would do nothing. Let's take £25 as the ticket price for simplicities sake - a loss of £25 in every £25,000 is incredibly insignificant - you're talking 0.1% of ticket revenue disappearing...

Complicated or not, the club will be forced to change the pricing if people simply stop going.

We don't need leaflets to tell us football is a rip off, neither do the owners.

People will still go week in, week out and the owners will continue to do what they want.

Do you really think we'd get a mass boycott of even one match? Even to the tune of about 5-10k? I highly doubt it. And even if about 10k did boycott one match, are they going to do it until the owners lower prices? Because one game wouldn't achieve that. If anything, lower attendances will have a negative effect on ticket prices; the owners will want to get as much revenue on the gates as possible. If attendances are lower, prices will probably increase to compensate for lower footfall. That's not pessimism, that's realism.

And they definitely wouldn't change the prices mid season, no doubt in my mind about that whatsoever.

Boycotting the club, any club, will just damage the club and not really achieve anything, the problems with modern football cannot be fixed by focussing on one club, what you need is a visible campaign, similar to the green and gold scarves of Man United (not that that worked, but for a while everyone was aware of it), and it needs to be a cross club campaign, and as the cause of the decline of modern football is Sky (arguable) all Sky games should be targeted and protests such as loud chanting with lots of profanity (lets start with if you are watching on TV you're a cvnt) and a visible protest such as turning your back on the pitch until kick off.

Any protest that will solely harm our club, financially or otherwise will achieve nothing, our club is not the cause of modern football it is just merely a result and any changes made by us will just put us at a disadvantage in the ultra competitive world of modern football.

Appreciate the reasons behind this, but the boys on the field need all the support they can get at the moment, and for once they actually deserve it.

And they'd still be getting it - the plan is to go into the ground and in essence just make it known we're there and have a voice that isn't going to be silenced that easily. There's still the supporting of the team.

You'll find it hard to get a mass boycott with so many ST holders as % of the average home attendance.

As much as Sky may have provided the means for the current state of football, notably excessive wages they are not to blame as such. They have given the clubs sufficient money to make entrance fees a 'token' and to finance ground improvements. Clubs have instead opted for paying players excessive wages in the selfish pursuit of success at the expense of their fans.

Of course fans are also to blame for their constant demands for the same success and the best players at any cost even in some cases the demise or potential demise of the club they support.

Can I just make it clear that there is NO INTENTION to boycott a match or to have any form of protest. This group intends to SUPPORT the playrs loudly for as much of the game as possible.

If anyne wants to mount a protest against the club then off you go we won't be joining you.

Our intentions are to create a group who are passionate about supporting our team and if successful in the future work WITH the club to effect change if possible.

Clearly a small group of fans can't have enough influence to reduce ticket prices but, if successful, we could align ith other fan groups and organisations to bring about pressure to change.

If you want to come and join us please do so but all we will be doing is singing and supporting our club initially, nothing else. We have to grow as a group and slowly discuss and decide what our objectives are, keeping them reasonable and achievable.

@ The OP:

What exactly are you goals? What do you want to happen to football?

Any protest without clear and well defined goals is just people shouting in the dark.

Definitely not boycotts! That was an idea from an earlier poster but not the OP nor the group.

I'm not a founder of the facebook page so I speak for myself but right now I would join any group that wants to go to a match and enjoy singing our hearts out in support of the team with a mixture of old school and new chants. An example would be the burton game. For well documented reasons I cannot do that in L/K1 with likeminded folk because there is no space in that part of the ground. These cup games provide an opportunity to test the water and see what support there is for another singing section in the ground. It's a big stadium, so having singers in L1/K1, N1, the Kop and anything that happens in G1 would accommodate us all easily.

To achieve a small consistent singing group would be a great goal initially, coupled with some flags etc. Beyond that IMO there is a lot wrong with "modern" football but that is a much longer term debate and won't be fixed anytime soon so let's not get too heavy with published "agendas" etc too quickly, that's a recipe for achieving nothing IMO as the numbers involved are tiny. Small simple steps is the way forward, so let's have a crack at improving the atmosphere first.

Definitely not boycotts! That was an idea from an earlier poster but not the OP nor the group.

I'm not a founder of the facebook page so I speak for myself but right now I would join any group that wants to go to a match and enjoy singing our hearts out in support of the team with a mixture of old school and new chants. An example would be the burton game. For well documented reasons I cannot do that in L/K1 with likeminded folk because there is no space in that part of the ground. These cup games provide an opportunity to test the water and see what support there is for another singing section in the ground. It's a big stadium, so having singers in L1/K1, N1, the Kop and anything that happens in G1 would accommodate us all easily.

To achieve a small consistent singing group would be a great goal initially, coupled with some flags etc. Beyond that IMO there is a lot wrong with "modern" football but that is a much longer term debate and won't be fixed anytime soon so let's not get too heavy with published "agendas" etc too quickly, that's a recipe for achieving nothing IMO as the numbers involved are tiny. Small simple steps is the way forward, so let's have a crack at improving the atmosphere first.

Ala N Block and The Fosse Boys??

Archived