Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jackubu

Against Modern Football

Ala N Block and The Fosse Boys??

Not necessarily so strong an identity as the Fosse Boys. They had an agenda from the off which turns people off. Palace and the Holmesdale end managed it starting from a small group of "Ultra" but that's quite a heavy manifesto that those lot have and not one that I would wholly support. I'd prefer something a bit looser and inclusive from the off with just enough organisation that anybody interested knows where to head to in the ground to join in.

Not necessarily so strong an identity as the Fosse Boys. They had an agenda from the off which turns people off. Palace and the Holmesdale end managed it starting from a small group of "Ultra" but that's quite a heavy manifesto that those lot have and not one that I would wholly support. I'd prefer something a bit looser and inclusive from the off with just enough organisation that anybody interested knows where to head to in the ground to join in.

Goo dluck with anything that may help the atmo...Just dont get into the mindset you can and will change the whole ethos of what people goto football for nowadays.

the populus of folk going now differs alot to those 20 years ago....if 80k at Manure cant create an atmosphere it says something about modern football...Good Luck :thumbup:

Goo dluck with anything that may help the atmo...Just dont get into the mindset you can and will change the whole ethos of what people goto football for nowadays.

the populus of folk going now differs alot to those 20 years ago....if 80k at Manure cant create an atmosphere it says something about modern football...Good Luck :thumbup:

Cheers :)

Can I just make it clear that there is NO INTENTION to boycott a match or to have any form of protest. This group intends to SUPPORT the playrs loudly for as much of the game as possible.

If anyne wants to mount a protest against the club then off you go we won't be joining you.

Our intentions are to create a group who are passionate about supporting our team and if successful in the future work WITH the club to effect change if possible.

Clearly a small group of fans can't have enough influence to reduce ticket prices but, if successful, we could align ith other fan groups and organisations to bring about pressure to change.

If you want to come and join us please do so but all we will be doing is singing and supporting our club initially, nothing else. We have to grow as a group and slowly discuss and decide what our objectives are, keeping them reasonable and achievable.

lol so it's the Fosse Boys not calling themselves the Fosse Boys.

Definitely not boycotts! That was an idea from an earlier poster but not the OP nor the group.

I'm not a founder of the facebook page so I speak for myself but right now I would join any group that wants to go to a match and enjoy singing our hearts out in support of the team with a mixture of old school and new chants. An example would be the burton game. For well documented reasons I cannot do that in L/K1 with likeminded folk because there is no space in that part of the ground. These cup games provide an opportunity to test the water and see what support there is for another singing section in the ground. It's a big stadium, so having singers in L1/K1, N1, the Kop and anything that happens in G1 would accommodate us all easily.

To achieve a small consistent singing group would be a great goal initially, coupled with some flags etc. Beyond that IMO there is a lot wrong with "modern" football but that is a much longer term debate and won't be fixed anytime soon so let's not get too heavy with published "agendas" etc too quickly, that's a recipe for achieving nothing IMO as the numbers involved are tiny. Small simple steps is the way forward, so let's have a crack at improving the atmosphere first.

Oh, a camouflaged ultra group, founded by ex-Fosse Boys :whistle:...

321304_370111009753604_1442346408_n.jpg

That flag for Huddersfield replay game... I'm pretty sure, Barclay and Thais will love it :ph34r:

We will be there to support our team.

Most of us go to most games and love the team. However almost every fan can agree that the way football is run is terrible.

Obviously this is something which will take time but we need the support. Meanwhile lets get together jump and sing and support out team better than most of the ground already fail to do.

Which point in history do you want to turn the clock back to? Do you want to get rid of 3 points for a win, no back passes to the goalkeeper, looser offside laws. Do you want fighting on the terraces, dingy fire hazard stands?

Can we go back to the old leather footballs?

Definitely not boycotts! That was an idea from an earlier poster but not the OP nor the group.

I'm not a founder of the facebook page so I speak for myself but right now I would join any group that wants to go to a match and enjoy singing our hearts out in support of the team with a mixture of old school and new chants. An example would be the burton game. For well documented reasons I cannot do that in L/K1 with likeminded folk because there is no space in that part of the ground. These cup games provide an opportunity to test the water and see what support there is for another singing section in the ground. It's a big stadium, so having singers in L1/K1, N1, the Kop and anything that happens in G1 would accommodate us all easily.

To achieve a small consistent singing group would be a great goal initially, coupled with some flags etc. Beyond that IMO there is a lot wrong with "modern" football but that is a much longer term debate and won't be fixed anytime soon so let's not get too heavy with published "agendas" etc too quickly, that's a recipe for achieving nothing IMO as the numbers involved are tiny. Small simple steps is the way forward, so let's have a crack at improving the atmosphere first.

Ok then your name is misleading and it appears to be more a protest group than a fans group, but your goals are that of a fans group, branding is everything.

Pretty vague objectives in the original post. For these things to work the communication and (as per Shrapnel above) the branding have to be absolutely spot on. That's where the Fosse Boys failed, their PR was atrocious.

When you say "vent your views" what does that mean? When and how are you going to vent your views if you also plan on supporting the team for 90 minutes? I honestly don't think change will come from action on the terraces, as nice as that would be. It's come so far that it needs intervention on a much wider scale. You're also fighting apathy, most people just don't care enough.

I wish you luck and I hope I'm wrong but I'm not sure what sort of change you're expecting to influence based on what you've said so far.

OH GREAT SO LEICESTER HAVE THE BEST CHANCE OF GAIN PROMOTION IS YEARS & WHAT DO A SMALL PATHETIC AMOUNT OF OUR FANS WANT TO TO PROTEST. WE DON'T NEED FANS LIKE THAT AT OUR GAMES IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THE PRICE OF TICKETS DON'T BUY THEM SIMPLE.

AS FOR DOING IT AT THE HUDDERSFIELD GAME. :giggle: ITS THE CHEAPEST GAME OF THE SEASON & YOU WANT TO PROTEST AT THE COST OF TICKETS TALK ABOUT CONTRADICTING YOURSELFS.

OH GREAT SO LEICESTER HAVE THE BEST CHANCE OF GAIN PROMOTION IS YEARS & WHAT DO A SMALL PATHETIC AMOUNT OF OUR FANS WANT TO TO PROTEST. WE DON'T NEED FANS LIKE THAT AT OUR GAMES IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THE PRICE OF TICKETS DON'T BUY THEM SIMPLE.

AS FOR DOING IT AT THE HUDDERSFIELD GAME. :giggle: ITS THE CHEAPEST GAME OF THE SEASON & YOU WANT TO PROTEST AT THE COST OF TICKETS TALK ABOUT CONTRADICTING YOURSELFS.

They want to protest against the off the field issues, like ticket prices. They're hardly not the sort of fans we need at our games - unless they're going to end up being the negative bastards who complain at everything on the pitch, like a number of people in SK1 I've seen over the years. As for the idea of if you don't like it, don't go - that for me sums up the root of the problems in Britain in general - too much apathy. We let ourselves be ****ed by pretty much everyone going, from football clubs to government, grumble about it but never actually do anything.

Surely it'd be more about the ease with which the huddersfield game could be arranged - ST's don't cover this so all seats are open to all takers - easier to get together in a group rather than being dotted round the ground?

No need to use upper case fonts (shouting) to make your point please..

I really do wish people would stop getting on their high horse about the Fosse Boys.

It was tried, it failed for a number of reasons, some still go to games and some don't. I had a lot of fun that season and made some decent friends through it; but there does seem to be a certain degree of disdain towards the group even two years after it folded.

If some of the people involved in this are ex Fosse Boys, and I'm genuinely not sure how many of them are, then let's hope lessons have been learned from the past and we can move forward.

I'm sure that the basic aims of both groups, to improve the atmosphere at the KP, would be applauded by any right-minded Leicester City fan. Let's get behind this, not queue up to point and laugh or pick fault.

I really do wish people would stop getting on their high horse about the Fosse Boys.

It was tried, it failed for a number of reasons, some still go to games and some don't. I had a lot of fun that season and made some decent friends through it; but there does seem to be a certain degree of disdain towards the group even two years after it folded.

If some of the people involved in this are ex Fosse Boys, and I'm genuinely not sure how many of them are, then let's hope lessons have been learned from the past and we can move forward.

I'm sure that the basic aims of both groups, to improve the atmosphere at the KP, would be applauded by any right-minded Leicester City fan. Let's get behind this, not queue up to point and laugh or pick fault.

:chant:

Let's get behind this, not queue up to point and laugh or pick fault.

Get behind what though? It's really not that clear. The OP gave the impression it was to get together in the ground and "vent our views" about modern football which sounds like a protest. Then a post later on said it was just about singing and supporting the team. I said earlier it was about communication and until someone actually clarifies what this is all about you'll struggle to get wide spread support. Nice to see some of the Facebook group members slating people on here who are simply asking genuine questions or offering advice though...

This is a new group being set up on a Facebook page and at present purely trying to arrange a game to sing and support our team.

Initially there will be ideas from new members that will have to be considered and lessons learnt from previous group need to be heeded. If I am to be involved in the group I will not be taking an advisory role as I did in the Fosse Boys as the group needs clear direction.

If people give us a chance we can develop some clear ideas and objectives and will communicate these to as many people as possible.

I will repeat we are not going to protest, we are just going to sing and throw a bit of confetti. It will take time to develop and establish and without numbers it will fail.

All I ask is you give the group a chance.

With some organisation if, say 10000 people agreed to boycott a particular game and notified the club in a open letter they would lose say £200'000ish in ticket sales revenue alone, I believe that this would have far more of an effect than leaflets and chanting!

10,000 people boycotted the boro match and the owners didn't seem that bothered! I know they didn't lose out on ticket sales but they lost out on merchandise and it didn't look good on telly

Absolutely right. Some folks seem to be frothing at the mouth to use their intellectual muscle so they can put down a bunch of young lads (and to their credit a few older heads too) who just want to get together as a group and sing at football.

These lads obviously feel strongly about the way the game in general is going, but I've no doubt their commitment to supporting the team on the pitch is nothing short of total. Really hope this gets off the ground.

10,000 people boycotted the boro match and the owners didn't seem that bothered! I know they didn't lose out on ticket sales but they lost out on merchandise and it didn't look good on telly

They hardly boycotted did they. If the tickets for the replay are a tenner or so and the ground is filled, that will say far more than any boycott.

Protest against FFP, from what I can understand of it it will only benefit the bigger clubs in terms of reaching the premiership and staying there. If the authorities had any balls they could introduce wage capping (tiered depending on league) and set a transfer ceiling which would allow more clubs to compete with the big boys in the transfer market, levelling the playing field. Scrap agents with all transfer dealings being overseen by representatives (maybe ex players) acting on behalf of players and salaried by the fa/eufa.

The big four wont like it and will probably set up their euro league but the domestic game will survive and be better for it.

Just my thoughts on the matter. :D

Archived