Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Accident waiting to happen ala Bradford Hillsborough

Anyone hear Durham on Talksport just call you lot who went 'stupid'?

Was he actually in the away end where they were letting people through one entrance only, whereas on previous visits all seemed open?

If he wasn't I won't take his opinion too seriously.

No I wouldn't take Durham seriuosly either, he's a bit of a nobber.

He just said to Gough something like 'Do you know how stupid Leicester fans are?' and went on to say how it was all your fault for the crowd kerfuffle lol

Of course it's our fault we are all thick thugs by default.

For the last time you bellends. Im not complaining about standing. My complaint was that you couldn't get in !! I missed half hour because there was no space and was the same for a good amount of fans. Why the **** shouldnt i complain ? It was dangerous though and ****ing stupid in the first half. That stand needs knocking down. Tommy G i agree with for once alot of immature twats there yesterday.

You want the stand knocking down because you missed 30 minutes?

How about a more level headed solution like getting better stewards then?

I sympathise, it's not acceptable for you to miss 30 minutes of a match you paid for because of poor stewarding. But let's not overreact.

I barely saw anything of the opposite half at Chelsea last season but I'm not asking for Stamford Bridge to be knocked down!

I think all the answers here are pretty obvious.

The end wasn't oversold, but was badly stewarded and that needs to be sorted out, if only to make sure people can enter the ground before kick off.

If it's managed properly there's nothing unsafe about terracing.

People should know what to expect from terraces and shouldn't take young children in there and then complain.

This 'incident' has no bearing on the safe-standing issue.

I am absolutely disgusted and horrified by this revelation to be honest, and feel some people should be ashamed.

I can't believe some people still listen to Talksport.

lol I literally just tuned in 5 minutes before he said it. Not listened for at least a year before that.

He didn't mention the stewarding on Saturday or anything else, just said Leicester fans are stupid and Norwich fans aren't!

lol I literally just tuned in 5 minutes before he said it. Not listened for at least a year before that.

He didn't mention the stewarding on Saturday or anything else, just said Leicester fans are stupid and Norwich fans aren't!

Peterborough fans don't like us much, and this encourages the dim to slate us for Saturday.

A nobody on a nothing station isn't really worth paying much attention to if we're honest.

I barely saw anything of the opposite half at Chelsea last season but I'm not asking for Stamford Bridge to be knocked down!

That to me says you were level 1 towards the back. Hideous layout that was and to think home fans usually sit in most of those seats.

Surely when the new shed end was built they could see the flaw before it got out of the ground. I was on about the last row before the upper tier obstructed the view.

That to me says you were level 1 towards the back. Hideous layout that was and to think home fans usually sit in most of those seats.

Surely when the new shed end was built they could see the flaw before it got out of the ground. I was on about the last row before the upper tier obstructed the view.

Yep that's where I was :thumbup: I couldn't believe it, it's not something you expect from Champions League winners. It's a shame because it's a quality stadium apart from that.

I won't be going again just in case the same thing happens.

Wanted fans opinions before i pen a letter of complaint to peterborough council's health & safety department regarding the so called capacity of that ramshackle stand they call Moyes End. It was obvious they had oversold tickets and it was a miracle nobody got hurt or injured? Asking fans to move forward in order more could get in was a recipie for disaster. I saw numerous kids and parents looking worried with all the pushing and shoving going on people falling over and when the smoke flare went off I had visions of Bradford all over again. Peterborough should be ashamed, that stand never holds the so called capacity they say it does. Thank god no one as far as I am aware was badly injured but it is just a matter of time?

This isn' t sour grapes either cos we lost Peterborough especially at London Rd are our bogey team On the way to the ground walked past a bookies in the window sign said boro to beat Leicester 2 1 tenner wins you 130 quid, couldn't resist knowing our record their so placed the bet.

I don't know how Peterborough get away with safety standards within grounds cos this is the worst ground I have been too. It hasn't changed at all since I went as a lad in the sixties! It should be pulled down and rebuilt.

Yes it should be pulled down and a new one built like us , then the posh fans will know what it's like to hear a pin drop.

I complained to Chelsea about that. I was on the very back row of the lower shed. Everyone had to bunch up two rows down abd even then you couldn't see much. Their response was inevitable, if all fans sat as supposed to then everyone would see. I told them they should advise of possible (definite) restricted views when selling these seats, something they said they'd bear in mind (ie ignore)

Posh fan here,

I see some Leicester are already talking sense on here, but there was plenty of room at the sides for Leicester fans, the club itself has confirmed that it wasnt over sold. I think the only problem on Saturday was shite stewarding and many fans just wanting to be in the middle!

We've had three seasons in the Championship now, with many visits from yourselves and many other massive followings, who have had no problems at all! Some people seem to have forgotten what it was like on a Terrace after a few years away! Its cramped, and its busy! The overreaction on here is priceless, writing a letter of complaint? Oh get a grip, if there was any danger to the fans the club and stewards would have acted.

Im glad the majority of you enjoyed the terrace, but that hopefully will be the last time you stand on it!

Acted??? The stewards should of been the ones directing fans into space and delegating the issue so an annoucement wasn't even needed....

They were that poor, I doubt they would have even acted if fans had began to get trampled/injured in any format - it would have been the fans who would have initiated the safety of others.

Acted? The thing that was strange was when some Leicester fans starting fighting near me, the stewards realised what was happening, told the Police, and then the stewards, along with two Police officers, just stood staring, while people were getting pushed around due to fighting between same fans.

Acted? The thing that was strange was when some Leicester fans starting fighting near me, the stewards realised what was happening, told the Police, and then the stewards, along with two Police officers, just stood staring, while people were getting pushed around due to fighting between same fans.

Was this to the left hand side of the goal?

I was directly behind this and it was completely pathetic.

Was this to the left hand side of the goal?

I was directly behind this and it was completely pathetic.

Left hand side of the goal if you're looking at it from the pitch, yes. I cannot recall something like that happening before when I've been so close.

Left hand side of the goal if you're looking at it from the pitch, yes. I cannot recall something like that happening before when I've been so close.

I was in front of it, your description of events is not complete, one geezer kicked off with a group, some pushing and words were exchanged, the geezer was ejected. Not defending the overall stewarding but they did act on that incident.

Archived