Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Accident waiting to happen ala Bradford Hillsborough

The five star rating for the Moyes End is currently suspended.

This is due to the refurbishment work taking place to install rubber matting and the building of the new kiosks where the following safety equipment will be issued to all away fans,........

Pampers (one size fits all),

Arm bands,(choice of colours)

Life jackets (minus the whistle)

Hard hats (with foam chin straps)

Wind up torch (just in case)

One colouring book with crayons (to keep)

and last but not least..

One box of tissues. :whistle:

lol

For the last time you bellends. Im not complaining about standing. My complaint was that you couldn't get in !! I missed half hour because there was no space and was the same for a good amount of fans. Why the **** shouldnt i complain ? It was dangerous though and ****ing stupid in the first half. That stand needs knocking down. Tommy G i agree with for once alot of immature twats there yesterday.

So in that post you have said you are not complaining about standing yet gone on to say the stand is dangerous and should be knocked down. Bit of a contradiction seeing as that is what standing terraces are like.

I agree the stewards didn't really help the matter but I don't think it felt like it was over sold at all. Just at its capacity. People get upset about things so easily.

On the subject of packed away ends, anyone remember southend, 91 under Brian little? Won 2-1 and scored twice in last 5 mins, if anyone thought yesterday was a little crazy then southend was off the chain

I was there,the day started shit....coppers pulled the bus over and numerous others in a layby for about 2 hours before finally letting us go just before the kick off..

The game was nothing special until like you said the last 5 minutes..everybody went mental when we equalized and then to get the winner a few minutes later was what makes football special...i can remember Walshie scoring,did Tommy Wright get the winner?

So in that post you have said you are not complaining about standing yet gone on to say the stand is dangerous and should be knocked down. Bit of a contradiction seeing as that is what standing terraces are like.

I agree the stewards didn't really help the matter but I don't think it felt like it was over sold at all. Just at its capacity. People get upset about things so easily.

If it wasnt over sold then why the **** did i and about 500 people missed nearly all the first half !! If you missed 30 mins you wouldnt be happy would you ? How many grounds you been too thats had terraces before ? Im up for standing but not missing 30 mins of a game.

If it wasnt over sold then why the **** did i and about 500 people missed nearly all the first half !! If you missed 30 mins you wouldnt be happy would you ? How many grounds you been too thats had terraces before ? Im up for standing but not missing 30 mins of a game.

Because people stand in the way of entrances. As said before, sometimes the stewards make sure people stay off the hatched areas to leave clear gangways, it wasn't the case on Saturday.

Peterborough are saying the away end was undersold by 600.

With reference to Hillsboro, there were no fences, and no pens trapping fans, so the only relevance might be the inability of the club to police the crowd, with ineffectual stewarding/policing. ie not blocking the central isle at the back of the stand and funneling fans into the wings to fill the sides of the terrace, (obviously something that could have stopped the Leppings Lane disaster).

By all accounts the stewards did admit to overcrowding at the time, so it seems they weren't exactly in full control.

I think Peterborough have had alot of trouble in the past with for example their turnstiles, the ground is pretty dilapidated and in limbo, as the club don't want to update a ground they do not own and may possibly move away from in the near future.

I'm not sure who gives the ground a safety licence, but as the council owns the ground, if they are in charge of inspections they are hardly going to rule themselves bad landlords are they?

I can't believe this has gone to 6 pages. Wow.

How gay and pampered have football fans become over the last 15 years?

You should have stood on the terraces where your feet didn't touch the floor for 5 minutes at a time as it was that crowded.

I can't believe this has gone to 6 pages. Wow.

How gay and pampered have football fans become over the last 15 years?

You should have stood on the terraces where your feet didn't touch the floor for 5 minutes at a time as it was that crowded.

The biggest concern for me is why parents who can remember those days would take their kids onto a terrace they knew would be packed.

Other than that, I felt uncomfortable at times rather than unsafe. At others, the packed terrace actually kept me pretty warm unlike freezing my nads off in a cold seat.

From my experience it was full, but I was directly behind the goal behind the last barrier before the back and seemed to be plenty of room and at the start of the second half about 8 or 9 blokes came and stood with ease in the space and it still wasn't packed.

Yes the goal celebration was mental but IMO the only problem was the Peterborough stewards trying to get everyone to use the far entrance, near the minimal facilities available. any problems seem to be due to bad stewarding.

I would never have taken a child into that terrace, seating in the right hand stand was more appropriate. I didn't find it particularly unsafe, although I do agree that it was a strange request to ask people to move forward. I thought seating was a statutory requirement in champ?

I would never have taken a child into that terrace, seating in the right hand stand was more appropriate. I didn't find it particularly unsafe, although I do agree that it was a strange request to ask people to move forward. I thought seating was a statutory requirement in champ?

Only once they've been in the division 3/4 seasons- i cant remember which. Assuming they stay up this season they will have to put seats in. They are interested in the rail seating concept. Who knows they may put them in meaning if they did go down they could still have terracing in league 1 albeit a 100% safe version or if they stayed up they can lock the seats down

They have to stay up for 2 consecutive seasons, they never do!!! then in the 3rd they would have to make it all seater, sure they just go down on purpose to avoid the cost, and the reduction in capacity.

I go posh every year for the terracing and although I didn' think it was dangerous, I have to say, it's the busiest I've seen it when standing directly behind the goal. So it was either oversold or everyone in there was stood in one place, ie the middle.

What is a joke is the facilities, toilets are a joke, although i'd rather not have to avoid a river of pi$$ i can understand why people do it. The stewards are laughable really, they just let everyone do what they want.

I'd have more concern about the police letting so many of us on the train on the way home, literally could not move.

They have to stay up for 2 consecutive seasons, they never do!!! then in the 3rd they would have to make it all seater, sure they just go down on purpose to avoid the cost, and the reduction in capacity.

I go posh every year for the terracing and although I didn' think it was dangerous, I have to say, it's the busiest I've seen it when standing directly behind the goal. So it was either oversold or everyone in there was stood in one place, ie the middle.

What is a joke is the facilities, toilets are a joke, although i'd rather not have to avoid a river of pi$$ i can understand why people do it. The stewards are laughable really, they just let everyone do what they want.

I'd have more concern about the police letting so many of us on the train on the way home, literally could not move.

I stand corrected about the number of years.

Trains are a bloody joke in this country. they don't miss a trick when it comes to price hiking when they know fans will be travelling in large numbers, yet never supply enough carriages.

I didnt go on Saturday so can't comment, but Birmingham away at 11am was ridiculous. 3 carriages all absolutely rammed

I went Birmingham as well. Trust me that was spacious compared to saturday, I've been posh a few times and seen some packed trains, I think a couple of years ago we only got 2 carriages, but saturday was bad enough on the way there, but on the way home it was down right dangerous.

The old bill just wanted rid, to the point none bothered getting on our carriage as there was fcuk all room to move so no danger of anything kicking off, as you could not move.

I wasn't there on Saturday but have been the last 3 seasons and it is always poor managed. Stewards should have moved fans further to the left as i imagine there was plenty of space that side.

But i do think are fans are partly to blame, I can just imagine the faces when told to move away from their position. On twitter I saw pictures uploaded at 1:30 saying they were in the ground directly behind the goal.

500? really? Because the fans did not spread out. The majority want to stand in the middle behind the goal. If the fans spread out perfectly it would have been fine.

I get that it's annoying missing some of the game but these things happen. It wasn't exactly the best 30 minutes of football anyway mate

There was a few people next to me at the turnstile who had seating tickets, who got into the terracing by putting there fingers over the end of the ticket. The train on the way back was ridiculous. i don't think it helped that they had the barrier open at both stations so people could get on without tickets

Posh fan here,

I see some Leicester are already talking sense on here, but there was plenty of room at the sides for Leicester fans, the club itself has confirmed that it wasnt over sold. I think the only problem on Saturday was shite stewarding and many fans just wanting to be in the middle!

We've had three seasons in the Championship now, with many visits from yourselves and many other massive followings, who have had no problems at all! Some people seem to have forgotten what it was like on a Terrace after a few years away! Its cramped, and its busy! The overreaction on here is priceless, writing a letter of complaint? Oh get a grip, if there was any danger to the fans the club and stewards would have acted.

Im glad the majority of you enjoyed the terrace, but that hopefully will be the last time you stand on it!

I was there,the day started shit....coppers pulled the bus over and numerous others in a layby for about 2 hours before finally letting us go just before the kick off..

The game was nothing special until like you said the last 5 minutes..everybody went mental when we equalized and then to get the winner a few minutes later was what makes football special...i can remember Walshie scoring,did Tommy Wright get the winner?

I am a responsible parent, and having enjoyed many many games on the terraces at Filbert Street, I wanted my son to experience it for maybe the only time in his life. He is 13, not overly tall for his age, and we were very near the front. At no time did he or I feel scared - in fact he enjoyed it immensely, seeing our players so close and being able to 'Jump up if you love Leicester' without the danger of being ejected. There was no fencing at the front, and even when the crowd surged forward when we scored, there was no danger.

When the message came up that we had to move forward, we didn't detect any movement behind us, so there must have been a bit of space in the middle.

I was actually more frightened at the prospect of being hit by one of Gally's wayward shots in the pre match warm up - Conrad's goal was right in front of us!

The stewards were actually shite though, and did seem more concerned in identifying potential trouble makers than managing the crowd.

PS - Please don't confuse my name with that of the OP....

Archived