Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Accident waiting to happen ala Bradford Hillsborough

Clearly a stand like that would never be another Bradford. The point, obviously not well made, is that if you ignore situations that are not acceptable, then it might come back and bite you. The overselling of tickets, inadequate access points, inadequate toilet facilities are imo indicative of unacceptable standards in the twenty first century

I hate it when we score and some people want to surge forward. There were children and women at the front that had to run into the disabled bit to get away from the people behind wanting to fly forward.

It's just a instinctive reaction mate. Nobody plans to run forward when we score and hurt people. Everyone jumps and usually when you jump you land in front of where you were. 5000 people doing this means there will always be a surge. No harm done though ! Cracking atmosphere yesterday.

I hate it when we score and some people want to surge forward. There were children and women at the front that had to run into the disabled bit to get away from the people behind wanting to fly forward.

I find it downright irresponsible for parents to bring young children into the terrace, people have got to fvcking think in situations like these. As much is you may think people surging forwards is a bad thing you have to realise that it's going to happen. As such, the parent should take certain measures to prevent their children from getting hurt i.e. sit in the seated area.

Peterborough's London Road ground falls well short in terms of facilities for visiting supporters. If they continue to permit the over selling of tickets and mass overcrowding to happen they could well end up with a big fine and as their do have a legal responsibility for paying visitor and a "duty of care" in the eyes of the law

Peterborough's London Road ground falls well short in terms of facilities for visiting supporters. If they continue to permit the over selling of tickets and mass overcrowding to happen they could well end up with a big fine and as their do have a legal responsibility for paying visitor and a "duty of care" in the eyes of the law

Numerous posters on this thread have stated there was plenty of room at the sides.

There is no evidence of overselling.

Plenty of clubs have sold out the Moy's over the years with no problems.

I think it's more likely the fine will be Lesta's due to fans' inability to direct piss into a toilet.

I do wonder if there would be half as much outrage if Lesta had actually managed to not lose....

Sounded like a complete cock up by those in charge of crowd safety at P'boro, but to mention Bradford and Peterborough is just insulting to those who perished on those two occasions. No one was ever going to die were they? Sure people were going to get shoved around a bit and maybe elbowed once or twice what the hell do you expect? Everyone knows it's an 'old fashioned' terrace and these things were likely to happen when at capacity (allegedly, shame on P'boro if it was overpopulated).

Having 28.000 fans in London Road makes for a cosy atmosphere, some supporters are getting soft nowadays and don't know they're born.

Whinging and whining wimps.......man up! :facepalm:

Finally! Everyone knew what they were in for as soon as they bought their tickets.

Numerous posters on this thread have stated there was plenty of room at the sides.

I think it's more likely the fine will be Lesta's due to fans' inability to direct piss into a toilet.

I do wonder if there would be half as much outrage if Lesta had actually managed to not lose....

:appl:

Having read the top 5 threads on this forum I can state two things.

1) That is 15 minutes of my life I am never getting back

2) This forum is a fvcking car crash at times. Embarrassing to the club.

Well done to everyone who survived London Road yesterday, I know you're probably spending time with your family thanking god that you're still alive, but I'd just like to let you know if anyone is suffering from Post Traumatic Sress after that ordeal, I work for LPT so I can get you fast tracked for treatment.

Fair play to you all for going though, we all follow a team going nowhere and with no chance of promotion, so credit to you all for risking your own lives for such a hopeless cause,

Did someone say we're on TV soon?

Having read the top 5 threads on this forum I can state two things.

1) That is 15 minutes of my life I am never getting back

2) This forum is a fvcking car crash at times. Embarrassing to the club.

Well done to everyone who survived London Road yesterday, I know you're probably spending time with your family thanking god that you're still alive, but I'd just like to let you know if anyone is suffering from Post Traumatic Sress after that ordeal, I work for LPT so I can get you fast tracked for treatment.

Fair play to you all for going though, we all follow a team going nowhere and with no chance of promotion, so credit to you all for risking your own lives for such a hopeless cause,

Did someone say we're on TV soon?

I think we're featured in a programme called Psychiatric Anomalies!

So because everyone is complaining we are shooting ourselves in the foot in terms of safe standing?

No, the stand can easily take the amount of people it had yesterday. There is no evidence of over selling just pure bad management of fan movement by a club who should be used to it.

Safe standing would be even better and easier to manage and stop any mass movement forwards.

Plenty of room at either side, I had a 11 yr old with me and she was sat on the barrier cos she couldn't see. No crush and no hassles at all.

We were prevented from going into the middle 2 entrances by stewards 10 mins before KO, told us it was full. Looks like this was a stewarding problem marshalling the fans.

No danger of a "Hillsborough" here, dont we remember the Kop and the playoff Vs Pompey at Florist?

Think we need to snap out of this or we will never get the change to stand at a proper ground again.

Wasnt that long ago the Barry Fry and the rest of the Posh board were seriously worried about us going there.

And Bradford was a fire, not seen any concrete and steel burning recently.

Er, yes, because this occurred just after kick-off.

It would've been brought up whatever the result. Alright, maybe not to this title, but it was an issue that would've been highlighted and discussed.

Most people on here believe that you deserved to win, no sour grapes on that front.

I went to a concert on Wednesday night, it was one hell of an experience serging, moshing, I loved it.

I recommend going to one of those if you thought the terrace was deadly...

No overcrowding.

No overselling

Just full capacity, there was plenty of room, I was in the centre and it was fine.

There was plenty of room at the far ends, if you don't like it there then you should of got there earlier.

Fvcking wellens.

Have you seen the away ends toilet?

For the last time you bellends. Im not complaining about standing. My complaint was that you couldn't get in !! I missed half hour because there was no space and was the same for a good amount of fans. Why the **** shouldnt i complain ? It was dangerous though and ****ing stupid in the first half. That stand needs knocking down. Tommy G i agree with for once alot of immature twats there yesterday.

Have you seen the away ends toilet?

Yes, many years ago. I admit it is not great!

It's the same as the home end's was until it was refurbed for this season.

You may or may not be pleased to know that if we stay up (if!), then we'll be forced to either close the terraces or bolt seats to them. Personally I think that will be a sad day.

The five star rating for the Moyes End is currently suspended.

This is due to the refurbishment work taking place to install rubber matting and the building of the new kiosks where the following safety equipment will be issued to all away fans,........

Pampers (one size fits all),

Arm bands,(choice of colours)

Life jackets (minus the whistle)

Hard hats (with foam chin straps)

Wind up torch (just in case)

One colouring book with crayons (to keep)

and last but not least..

One box of tissues. :whistle:

For the last time you bellends. Im not complaining about standing. My complaint was that you couldn't get in !! I missed half hour because there was no space and was the same for a good amount of fans. Why the **** shouldnt i complain ? It was dangerous though and ****ing stupid in the first half. That stand needs knocking down. Tommy G i agree with for once alot of immature twats there yesterday.

Doesn't matter ho many times you say it some people just don't seem to read things. Pehaps if you say the newly installed safe standing system was to blame they might realise it had nothing to do with standing in a terrace and other factors. Saying that though with all the evidence from previous incidents people still blame standing rather than listen to the facts

Archived