Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CCFCChampions

HULL

You remind me why I don't often post on Foxestalk... Too many people talking absolute rubbish!

Stop the whining, get some pocket money from your parents, and go buy some sweets to cheer yourself up.

haha, so your saying if RVP wasn't at united they would still have the highest points they have ever had so fair at this point in the season? sort it out

I think Charlton and Blackpool (especially) will be more tougher than people imagine.

I agree with the playoffs bit though. We've dropped from third place today, but how many people would have taken a top 6 place in the middle of Feb, prior to the season starting? I knew I would, and like I said before the season started, I would be happy with a play off place come May. This season is tough. It's just horrible when we were second and lost games against the likes of Peterborough.

Unfortunately I think those fans who expected automatic promotion aren't alone. The board made clear early on in the season that it's a must and so, whether we or Pearson like it or not, our current position is not enough.

Most neutral pundits have, on the basis of our spending and the quality of personnel at our disposal, been clear that we began this season as favourites. No, it's not a disaster, but let's not kid ourselves that we're exceeding expectations. At times Pearson has suggested that he can't ask for any more of his players - whether that's diplomacy or not I don't know, but he's going to have to.

If we don't go up, Pearson will most probably be fired and our greatest chance of going up in eight years will have passed. This tendency we have of 'slumping' for weeks on end shouldn't be brushed aside.

Playoffs aren't good enough for us, we have to get automatic promotion and with goal-difference that may be crucial come the end of the season. Now is the time to bring in loan players in of quality please NP we cannot heavily rely on Vardy and Waghorn to get the goals.

I'm all for perspective but... we are going for automatic promotion; the board were seriously contemplating the dismissal of Pearson when we were in the play-off places earlier in the season, we are among the division's biggest spenders in recent years, neutral pundits and the bookies largely had us down as favourites... Yet we are six points off second, albeit with games in hand, and we've just lost to the bottom side. We haven't been at our best for five games.

There's no need to panic, if panicking means we fire Pearson, drop the first choice eleven, sign six loan players, recall Schlupp and Blyth and build a team around them. But equally we have to accept that we either get better - as we did in September, October and January - or this season will be a failure. That, as I see it, is the sentiment on here rather than wild, blind, furious panic. Mostly, at least.

My only concern is that the manager, players and many fans alike at times appear happy to agree that all is going to plan. I suspect, on the manager's part, that this is an attempt at confidence building, but the interview with James and the tweets from Konchesky do have me a little bothered. We shouldn't underestimate the importance of games like Charlton in midweek in the way we appeared to at Peterborough.

Personally I am very pleased with where Leicester are as a club this season. We are playing some decent football at times, we have a younger, more talented, tight knit squad and a very motivated, quality, up and coming manager. From where we have been in the past to where we are now is chalk and cheese. I for one am just grateful for the brand of football that Nigel has brought to the club. I know Premier league football is a 'must' for the owners, but I am just really pleased with what Nige has done in a relatively short space of time.

I do think we are so very close to having a side that could boss this division (possibly 3 players) and I hope Pearson get's another crack at the whip if we don't go up this season.

I'm all for perspective but... we are going for automatic promotion; the board were seriously contemplating the dismissal of Pearson when we were in the play-off places earlier in the season, we are among the division's biggest spenders in recent years, neutral pundits and the bookies largely had us down as favourites... Yet we are six points off second, albeit with games in hand, and we've just lost to the bottom side. We haven't been at our best for five games.

This time last week we were second.

Other teams have had the advantage of playing at least one league game this week.

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

Hull and Cardiff play each other last day of the season, would hate to get into a scenario where a point would be good enough to take both teams up, hopefully though it will not get to that. I'm sure we can put another good run together!

the board were seriously contemplating the dismissal of Pearson when we were in the play-off places earlier in the season

Since there was certainly no official announcement of this, indeed quite the opposite, i'm assuming you must know the owners personally and well enough for them to share their plans with you? If so what are they like? What are their plans for Pearson if we don't get promoted? Share the knowledge bro, it's great to have someone who's good friends with the owners on the forum.

One player does not make a team.

It's all good saying things in hindsight, anyone can do that.

You never know, we could've been in the bottom half if having Chris Wood from the start of the season.

Agree, but in the last two games we've looked like we cant play without Wood which is very worrying.

Agree, but in the last two games we've looked like we cant play without Wood which is very worrying.

But if wood had of played in those games and we still had the same results and performances then who would've been 'the missing link' and who the scapegoat.

Fair enough I know to that you can say 'yeah well he didnt play and look what happened , what a stupid thing to say, that argument is silly' ...but that is basically hindsight. You can say it about anything or anyone in the team, you cannot guarantee the fact that if we played a full strength team with wood Etc, that things would be different, anymore than I can guarantee things wouldn't be different.

Not a pop at you my friend but as put in another thread, can we not simply lose a game without conspiracy, a scapegoat or fears the world is crumbling beneath our feet.

I don't understand it, but it seems whenever fans deem a game a 'must win' we tend to drop off. Lets just get on with it, comecentrate on our games and not hulls or any one else's.

Archived