Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Pearson out. Realistic?

What, enduring being in the top 6 for most of the season? Pretty hard life that.

I don't get Hull's problem with Nige. He did a fantastic job for you and turned you right around, just like he has with us.

So no, we don't have to ENDURE anything.

He did a good job initially, but then failed. He didn't address the problems in the side that he should have done. He signed and played his 'chums' (Nobby Solano, Nick Barmby, etc). The football was also the worst I've seen at the club. Two passes sideways, one pass backwards, followed by a long hoof forwards so that we can get back to trying to defend. You can say that he signed us some decent players, but his transfer record was pretty poor and only a few players are still in the team. All-in-all, a poor manager at Hull City Association Football Club.

He did a good job initially, but then failed. He didn't address the problems in the side that he should have done. He signed and played his 'chums' (Nobby Solano, Nick Barmby, etc). The football was also the worst I've seen at the club. Two passes sideways, one pass backwards, followed by a long hoof forwards so that we can get back to trying to defend. You can say that he signed us some decent players, but his transfer record was pretty poor and only a few players are still in the team. All-in-all, a poor manager at Hull City Association Football Club.

Funny, because I read your boards at the time and you were almost to a man proclaiming him to be a good thing for Hull. The "approval rating" thing you do was also exceptionally high, especially for a so called "poor manager".

You said 'a club in crisis'... Do you really consider we were a 'club in crisis'?

I'd suggest we were a club that Sven made a Fook up of, but a 'club in crisis'?

That's a big statement to be fair.

You need to get your reading glasses on. Read your post, my reply and what you just said.

I'm not gloating, I've already made it clear that I think Leicester will get second spot. I'm just asking if beating us is really worth having to endure Pearson?

No, 'team'. You've beaten ONE team by six goals.

We will get second spot thanks for stating the obvious good luck in your playoff final against Blackburn.

I don't expect us to win both games either but you have to appear to be positive or your entire argument gets ignored on here.

Or how about you have to appear balanced. After winning 5 on the trot were you getting carried away with us being great? No. So why do people do the opposite when we lose a couple?

If Pearson was poor for Hull and reasonably well regarded at Leicester, then what is there for Hull fans to keep going on about?

Surely his return favoured both parties? I don't get the continuing interest.

I wonder whether Pearson will sign a contract before the summer?

If Pearson was poor for Hull and reasonably well regarded at Leicester, then what is there for Hull fans to keep going on about?

Surely his return favoured both parties? I don't get the continuing interest.

I wonder whether Pearson will sign a contract before the summer?

They liked him, they just don't want to admit it.

Funny, because I read your boards at the time and you were almost to a man proclaiming him to be a good thing for Hull. The "approval rating" thing you do was also exceptionally high, especially for a so called "poor manager".

I use most of our message boards, and I remember one or two people saying they were disappointed. I wasn't one of them. Most of them also now realise that it was the best thing for us, as all we were doing was treading water under a manager too stubborn to change a thing.

PS. Every time I come on this site you're arguing with someone. I'm sure if I said grass was green you'd argue otherwise. Are you sexually frustrated?

I use most of our message boards, and I remember one or two people saying they were disappointed. I wasn't one of them. Most of them also now realise that it was the best thing for us, as all we were doing was treading water under a manager too stubborn to change a thing.

PS. Every time I come on this site you're arguing with someone. I'm sure if I said grass was green you'd argue otherwise. Are you sexually frustrated?

We all remember the Hull outrage when he came back, stop pretending you actually all thought he was shit and go troll another forum, k?

We all remember the Hull outrage when he came back, stop pretending you actually all thought he was shit and go troll another forum, k?

Can you read, darling?

You have grass in Hull? lol

There was an exhibition in the town hall once of things you don't get in the city of Hull: grass, books, women, etc

One or two ha ha ha. You can kid the others but you can't kid me, I was on there a lot seeing how our old players etc were doing so I know exactly what was being said.

The hoard of bitter hull fans on here and on your boards at the time were testament to that.

Bruce is a very good manager, we've both come out of it better than we were, so need need to keep up the pretence that nobody cared.

I'm a fan of Pearson but he definitely gets a bit more credit here than is proportionate to what he has actually achieved. Let's look at what he has done in his two stretches here.

- League One winners

Granted, we won that title comfortably, but anything less than promotion would have represented abject failure and he would have been out of a job. I was delighted to see us win promotion but it was the least that was expected of him.

- 5th place in our first season back up

This was a success in the context of being a newly promoted sides but it is only at the lower end of what is expected of us historically. Again, Pearson deserves credit for the job he did that season in getting us back up to our 'natural level' but he didn't excel by any means. Our failure to progress past Cardiff was at least in part due to his conservative approach to the first leg and was a sign of tactical naivety.

- His current tenure

He has done a good, but not excellent, job. He has cut the wage bill and improved the team and deserves to be congratulated for that. But he has also spent a lot of money and I don't think it's that unreasonable to expect a bit more to show for that. It isn't as though he has had to rebuild a terrible team. We finished ninth last season, not twenty-first. I don't buy the stuff about his sales somehow balancing out what he has spent. It doesn't work like that. He has no influence on what other clubs are willing to bid for our players and it is the business people at the club who decide what the can afford to reject or accept from interested parties. He does however have a big influence on what proportion of hs available transfer and wage budget he spends on bringing players in. He has spent about £10m since rejoining. That's a lot of money at this level, even these days.

My own view is that if we make the play offs but don't go up he should get another go next year. I've seen enough from him to believe that he can improve a team year on year and I think we have a good base to build on. But that would have to be his last chance and I'd be expecting a title challenge. If we fail to make the play offs this season then I'd sack him. That wouldn't represent any real improvement on last year and just wouldn't be good enough.

I think people overrate Pearsons past achievements here because they are blinded by the ten years of crap we've had to endure. He is quite fortunate that his predecessors/successors here have been so poor. It makes him look a comparative giant. That isn't to say I don't think he has done a good job. I just don't think he has been as brilliant as others seem to believe. There are certainly better managers than him at this level. There are things he is bad at and they have been covered by others in this thread. That's fine; none of us is perfect. But he needs to work on improving in these areas or he will never be more than a decent second tier manager. I have weaknesses at work and I put time aside for professional development. Pearson needs to do similar. I just hope he isn't too stubborn to do so.

I'm a fan of Pearson but he definitely gets a bit more credit here than is proportionate to what he has actually achieved. Let's look at what he has done in his two stetches here.

- League One winners

Granted, we won that title comfortably, but anything less than promotion would have represented abject failure and he would have been out of a job. I was delighted to see us win promotion but it was the least that was expected of him.

- 5th place in our first season back up

This was a success in the context of being a newly promoted sides but it is only at the lower end of what is expected of us historically. Again, Pearson deserves credit for the job he did that season in getting us back up to our 'natural level' but he didn't excel by any means. But our failure to progress past Cardiff was at least in part due to his conservative approach to the first leg and was a sign of tactical naivety.

- His current tenure

He has done a good, but not excellent, job. He has cut the wage bill and improved the team and deserves to be congratulated for that. But he has also spent a lot of money and I don't think it's that unreasonable to expect a bit more to show for that. It isn't as though he has had to rebuild a terrible team. We finished ninth last season, not twenty-first. I don't buy the stuff about his sales somehow balancing out what he has spent. It doesn't work like that. He has no influence on what other clubs are willing to bid for our players and it is the business people at the club who decide what the can afford to reject or accept from interested parties. He does however have a big influence on what proportion of hs available transfer and wage budget he spends on bringing players in. He has spent about £10m since rejoining. That's a lot of money at this level, even these days.

My own view is that if we make the play offs but don't go up he should get another go next year. I've seen enough from him to believe that he can improve a team year on year and I think we have a good base to build on. But that would have to be his last chance amd I'd be expecting a title challenge. If we fail to make the play offs this season then I'd sack him. That wouldn't represent any real improvement on last year and just wouldn't be good enough.

I think people overrate Pearsons past achievements here because they are blinded by the ten years of crap we've had to endure. He is quite fortunate that his predecessors/successors here have been so poor. It makes him look a comparative giant. That isn't to say I don't think he has done a good job. I just don't think he has been as brilliant as others seem to believe. There are certainly better managers than him at this level. There are things he is bad at and they have been covered by others in this thread. That's fine; none of us is perfect. But he needs to work on improving in these areas or he will never be more than a decent second tier manager. I have weaknesses a work and I put time aside for professional development. Pearson needs to do similar. I just hope he isn't too stubborn to do so.

I don't think I could have worded this any better...

Completely agree...

:thumbup:

Bet Babs finds the 'reactionary' in it though..

lol

Archived